Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Wes for POTS

Last night finally made my mind up.

Swansea and Watford were painful without him and went to show us how badly we miss his willingness to get on the ball, creativity and link up play.

He dictates our tempo and when Wes plays well....you know the rest.

He is so influential; despite being back from injury covered more ground than Crofts & Fox combined while defending and just linked up play so well... close to motm for me

Wes deserves it in my opinion. It would be interesting to see a team containing wes an no holt compared to a team with holt and no wes, I personally think the team with no wes struggles more thus making wes out most influential player. I''ve always been a wes lover, the way he plays is simply stunning.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Wes deserves it in my opinion. It would be interesting to see a team containing wes an no holt compared to a team with holt and no wes, I personally think the team with no wes struggles more thus making wes out most influential player. I''ve always been a wes lover, the way he plays is simply stunning.[/quote]

[y] this!

Finally getting the credit he deserves - Always wants the ball and always a get out ball. Even when we were crap before Lambert, remember the 6 games he missed the season we were relegated!

[8]That''s not God it''s Wesley Hoolahan[8]

Holt is our leader and talisman, but we wouldn''t be the same side without Wes pulling the strings behind. He''s been our best player in almost every game this season.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Never mind the best player at Norwich, he''s probably the best player in the division for me.[/quote]

As per our discussion I fully concur, Wes has been unplayable over the last 6 months in 90% of the games.

Incredible player and possibly one of the greatest Canary players over the last ten years?

Hmmm, interesting. Whilst Wes is clearly influential when playing well he has had a couple of patchy periods this season - but I guess it depends on whether you consider consistancy to be part of voting for player of the season.Also, for me, we didn''t loose against Swansea because we didn''t have Hoolahan - we are not a one man team. For me that loss was because Lambert gambled that the strength and momentum in our own formation would be too much to handle for Swansea''s own form with theirs.The problem is our diamond works best with Hoolahan at the tip, where he is prepared to track back and get a tackle in if needed and his tanacity and constant desire to have the ball.The reality of it was that it left us giving them width out wide where their most dangerous players were and this is what gave them the game in the end. For me, without Hoolahan we are better off playing a straight 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1, especially up against a team with such good wingers.

He was awsome last night imo. You can see why we missed him so badly in

the last 2 games, Pacheco did well but nobody in our squad (or probably

the league) can replace him he is irreplaceable he is such an improved

player since Lambert took over. He tracks back, wins the ball, tackles

well, his first touch is absolulty superb far better than anyone else in

the squad. He has a brilliant ability to instantly control any weight

of pass and take it past an opposition player all in one movement. He

has superb vision allways picked the right pass, never got caught in

possesion, allways released the ball at the right time, picked the right

option and excecuted the pass well. He is tactically disiplined and

aware of his roll in the team. He''s the untimate playmaker and makes the

whole team tick imo. He''s like the David Silva of the Championship.Wes Hoolahan, what a fu*@ing brilliant player! [:D]

[quote user="chicken"]Hmmm, interesting. >Also, for me, we didn''t loose against Swansea because we didn''t have Hoolahan - [/quote]

I agree with that, we lost because we defended poorly, they took their chances and we failed to take ours.

However we do play with less fluidity & creativity when he is not part of the starting line up.

We have sustained our form during the brief 2/3 games spells without Holt - but we do not seem to do that without Wes - its the same for the last three seasons.

Holt may be the soul of our team, wes is the heart that makes us tick

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I agree with that, we lost because we defended poorly, they took their chances and we failed to take ours.

However we do play with less fluidity & creativity when he is not part of the starting line up.

We have sustained our form during the brief 2/3 games spells without Holt - but we do not seem to do that without Wes - its the same for the last three seasons.

Holt may be the soul of our team, wes is the heart that makes us tick[/quote]Yes and no. Like I said this season, there was a period where Wes wasn''t in the starting 11 because he wasn''t tracking back and because he wasn''t making the right pass decisions etc and at times was a bit of a liability as much as a threat for us. That is not in itself a bad thing because I think the way he plays is very knife edge, if he takes on too many or tries to thread a ball that is a gamble and it doesn''t come off as much as it does then he looks risky, when it''s happening more often than not he looks good - but that is part of playmaking - gambling.I agree that we lack that sort of flair without him but I do think we have the players to cover his absence, just not in that formation nessisarily.[quote user="Askounin"] He

has superb vision allways picked the right pass, never got caught in

possesion, allways released the ball at the right time, picked the right

option and excecuted the pass well.[/quote]See my comments above, he wasn''t perfect against Nottingham Forrest players very rarely are. He did get caught in possession - when rather than passing he tried to dribble past three players. But that''s Wes, sometimes his gambles work sometimes they don''t, what he is doing is taking them much further up the pitch these days which makes it a little bit more comfortable viewing.Don''t get me wrong, he is up there with Holt as our two most influential players but you also can''t easily discredit Fox who came here for less than 100k and wasn''t thought that highly of and who has forced his way into the team and made himself an almost certain starter. I can''t see anyone else spreading the ball from there like him.Hoolahan for me, is a far more accomplished player than Taraabt(sp), but to be honest I don''t give a monkeys if the media thinks so or not, it just means that Wes is kept out of the spotlight which isn''t a bad thing.

I knew Taraabt would come up. It  is not a stone fact that Taraabt is the best player in the league and there are others better than him in my opinion. It just winds me up that it''s becoming a cliche.