Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

MoM - HOLT!

Everyone could make a case for MoM tonight but i think, even by his standards AND without being fully fit, Holt should have got the bubbly tonight by some margin. I think to an extent we almost expect him to be brilliant every game. He got both the assists at Watford which didn''t get much mention.

He was actually more like Hoolahan tonight. Absolutely everything went through him and he was setting up attacks and orchestrating play all night long with out a single pass going astray. Scored one and made the other with a through ball Hooly would have been proud of. The complete performance and the absolute heartbeat of the team. In my view, he stays fit, we go up, simple as. He has to miss any games, and it''s in the balance.

City LEGEND in the making.

As for Hooly, he was great too but played almost a holding role tonight. He was all over the place and did as much defensive and huslting off the ball as incisive forward play. Man, it really was total football tonight!

I have supported ths team since a little boy, starting with that cup run.

There have been ups and downs and some brilliant  players over those years. Peters, O''Neill, McDougall, Reeves and my favourite, Jimmy Neighbour. My list could be endless.

Holty may well not be up in that level with regards to skill or pedigree, but I can think of no other player from the past who has single handedly made such a massive impact on the fortunes of our club. He was signed when we were at our lowest ebb and has been a major factor in our elevation to the position we are in now. I do not underestimate the others, but what a leader that man is. For me, he is faultless.

Norwich City from 1-7 to Colchester in League 1 to Premiership liklies (I''m an optimist) is not just down to good management, but also to the luck of signing this colossus of a player. He leads, he inspires, he performs. Gunny, you may have been a bit hopeless at times but you made the most significant signing in the history of NCFC. IMHO.

I just hope he elevates himself to Premiership level should we get there. I silently expect that this 6'' 2" overweight, cheating,goal-scoring  handfull will terrorise the primadonnas of that league.

He deserves a chance and PL will not treat him the way Worthy did with Malky when we last were promoted. That was just stupid.

Hux is one of my all time favourites - up there with George Best for excitement. But I agree. Holt is the most influential player I have seen at ANY club. he epitomises what the team is all about. He must surely be the perfect captain for Lambert.

Superb points made above ..... even about Gunny at least getting that one right .......... Holt was without doubt the MoM.

And to think he was at Forest but not good enough to play up front and was pushed out to the wing!

I bet Billy Davies is loving Colin Calderwood.

Yes, spot on with the points above.We must not forget that Holt was one of Gunny''s signings and give full credit to him for getting him here.Lambert has probably got more out of Holt than Gunny would have done though.

Holty was excellent last night. His performance made even better by the fact he was blatantly not 100% fit. Jackson was MoM for me though. With a bit more luck he could have had a hat trick and his work rate was phenomenal.

Arguing over who was Man of the Match.What an extremely pleasant change[Y]

(Personally Surman,just).

Glad he was back as I had thought that my top-scorer bet was dead, but I just wish he would practise his volleying as he would have about five more goals to his tally. [:D] 

Na, i just don''t see how anyone can say any player did more than Holt on Friday. Scored one, set up the other, orchestrated play, roughed up the opposition, got stuck in at both ends, all with a dodgy hamstring.

He did what we expect to do (and then some) and because of that we tend to overlook just how pivotal he is. Surman got it because he performed way above the level he has been at in recent games. Holt was ''just'' brilliant. Again.

And yes, great to be arguing about this!

What odds did you get Paul? You''re going to need us in the play offs i think (as opposed to top 2) to keep you bet alive!

[quote user="a1canary"]Na, i just don''t see how anyone can say any player did more than Holt on Friday. Scored one, set up the other, orchestrated play, roughed up the opposition, got stuck in at both ends, all with a dodgy hamstring. He did what we expect to do (and then some) and because of that we tend to overlook just how pivotal he is. Surman got it because he performed way above the level he has been at in recent games. Holt was ''just'' brilliant. Again. And yes, great to be arguing about this! What odds did you get Paul? You''re going to need us in the play offs i think (as opposed to top 2) to keep you bet alive![/quote]

I got 25/1 each way, so if he stays in the top 3 as he is now I get a quarter of the odds anyway. I think you''re right about the play-offs though for Holt to be able to overhaul Graham of Watford.