Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Was at Wembly today....

Mate won tickets to the Manchester derby semi-final at wembly, and it was a great occasion....for them. It was a good match with good atmostphere though.I probably made the biggest mistake, of wearing my Norwich shirt to the game. No big deal, ''eh? Well sitting in the Man City end, apparently it is! Of course, i had forgot the Man Utd''s yellow and green colours - and i was expecting the worst.Truth is, there fans were pretty decent. Some ''norwich c*nt'' rubbish, but predominantly good banter with alot of  "lets be havin'' you come on" which considering they were Manc fan''s its to be expected.Some even believed i was wearing the shirt as some kind of ironic statement at the Utd fans and drunk city fans proceeded to take group pictures with me.Surreal experience, my first trip to the new Wembly by the way! Would love to see Norwich finish second, it would be absolutely fantastic. But if we WERE to get promoted in a play-off final, i think the atmosphere and emotions would be absolutely sky-high in that stadium!

While I agree far too many go to the corporate guys, officials etc I dont see anything wrong with competition winners and generally other "neutral fans" going to the game. Man united get a trip to Wembley nearly every year, their fans come from all over the country, I have no sympathy for any of their fans who missed it today, theyll have plenty of opportunities to go, Norwich (and most other teams) could quite easily go years and years with no trip there.

Im not sure id wear a Norwich shirt (I don''t even have one) to any game not involving Norwich but fair play to that, glad you had a good day and pleased to here the atmosphere was good, ive been to a couple of england games were its been disappointing but im sure if we got into the play off final it would be rocking

32,000 allocated to each team.  Remember Wembley need to pay the bills ordinary supporters unlikely to pay £100+ they need to attract the prawn sandwich brigade to bring in the dosh.

What surprised me on the TV coverage was the apparent (in the background views) number of empty seats in the Utd end well before the end, i.e. with a good 2 or 3 minutes + injury time to go. I don''t think I would ever consider giving up on a 0-1 score at Wembley effectively with a good 7 or 8 minutes to play[*-)], however bad the traffic is going to be outside. It''s almost like some of their ''fans'' only support them when they are winning[:D]- and are now no doubt braying that the FA Cup is a meaningless ''mickey mouse'' competition anyway.

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]What surprised me on the TV coverage was the apparent (in the background views) number of empty seats in the Utd end well before the end, i.e. with a good 2 or 3 minutes + injury time to go. I don''t think I would ever consider giving up on a 0-1 score at Wembley effectively with a good 7 or 8 minutes to play[*-)][/quote]

You couldn''t be more correct. I''m a Police officer in the met, and was working the Chelsea/Everton FA Cup game at Stanford Bridge. the amount of scousers that left the ground before they got their late equaliser was ridiculous, and once they realised their error, they were all desperately trying to get back in. . . And obviously they all missed the chance to celebrate the penalty shootout win. I personally would not risk it and leave early, especially on such a big occasion . . . to quote Rocky, "it aint over till'' it''s over!" The epic 4-4 vs Middlesbrough proved that (And I was there!!)

Anyway, if we do end up at Wembley come the end of May . . . I will most probably be there in some form or another. If I can''t get tickets, then come and say hello to me whilst I''m working in and around the ground, I''ll be cheering along with the rest of you in my uniform lol!