Sign in to follow this  
supercol

So who is your scapegoat now...

Why is a Colchester fan posting on here?? Are they still trying to develop a "rivalry" with us?? We were finished with you the minute the ref blew the whistle when we spanked you 5-0, I genuinely don''t even know where your "club" are in their respective division, let alone come to one of your messageboards.

My scapegoats are:Paul Lambert for not picking a side that wins every game,McNally for appointing a manager whose team doesn''t win every game,Delia for appointing a Chief Executive who appoints people who cannot ensure we win every game.What a shower!!

[quote user="crafty canary"]My scapegoats are:

Paul Lambert for not picking a side that wins every game,
McNally for appointing a manager whose team doesn''t win every game,
Delia for appointing a Chief Executive who appoints people who cannot ensure we win every game.

What a shower!!
[/quote]

Totally and utterly agree CC, absolute joke of a club! ;)

[quote user="crafty canary"]My scapegoats are:

Delia

[/quote]

No change there then[;)]

[8]Don''t worry be happy[H]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Let`s discuss Grant Holt![/quote]

I know we had a good result on Friday so

it seems harsh to cast doubt on anyone''s peformance plus I know that

Holt was immense for us last season, we love him to bits and he''s scored

some great goals in the past.

I also appreciate that he works hard, puts himself about and holds

the ball up well but ................ either he''s still not fit so

should he be playing or maybe he''s going to find goals hard to come by

in this league. Also I dont understand why he spends so much time on the

wings when he should be in the box?????

I know he did great for us last season but this league is a whole

different ball game for him so do you think he''ll cut it in the

championship or do you think like me that we need to get an experienced

championship striker in on loan to give him competition or play instead

of him with Martin or Jackson if he isnt cutting the mustard?

Whats your  thoughts ?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Let`s discuss Grant Holt![/quote]

I know we had a good result on Friday so it seems harsh to cast doubt on anyone''s peformance plus I know that Holt was immense for us last season, we love him to bits and he''s scored some great goals in the past.

I also appreciate that he works hard, puts himself about and holds the ball up well but ................ either he''s still not fit so should he be playing or maybe he''s going to find goals hard to come by in this league. Also I dont understand why he spends so much time on the wings when he should be in the box?????

I know he did great for us last season but this league is a whole different ball game for him so do you think he''ll cut it in the championship or do you think like me that we need to get an experienced championship striker in on loan to give him competition or play instead of him with Martin or Jackson if he isnt cutting the mustard?

Whats your  thoughts ?

[/quote]

Well I reckon we need someone better than Holt if we have designs on promotion to the Premier League.

Chris Martin''s ok though.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Let`s discuss Grant Holt![/quote]

I know we had a good result on Friday so it seems harsh to cast doubt on anyone''s peformance plus I know that Holt was immense for us last season, we love him to bits and he''s scored some great goals in the past.

I also appreciate that he works hard, puts himself about and holds the ball up well but ................ either he''s still not fit so should he be playing or maybe he''s going to find goals hard to come by in this league. Also I dont understand why he spends so much time on the wings when he should be in the box?????

I know he did great for us last season but this league is a whole different ball game for him so do you think he''ll cut it in the championship or do you think like me that we need to get an experienced championship striker in on loan to give him competition or play instead of him with Martin or Jackson if he isnt cutting the mustard?

Whats your  thoughts ?

[/quote]

Brilliant Mister C,i wondered how long before someone brought that cringeworthy post back into play.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Let`s discuss Grant Holt![/quote]

Whats your  thoughts ?

[/quote]

Brilliant Mister C,i wondered how long before someone brought that cringeworthy post back into play.

[/quote]

Sweet Jesus,dogs with a bone and other cliches!!

In defence of City Angel (and others,me included) that thread was started directly after the QPR away game where Holty did spend a large chunk of the game out on the wings,ineffectively.The pint sized Simeon was the only one at Kenny and his big central defenders,and he was coming off second best.At the time i would have prefered it if it was the other way around.

Any way that is history now, Holty has proved all the doubters wrong and thank God for that! 

[quote user="Herman "]

Sweet Jesus,dogs with a bone and other cliches!!

In defence of City Angel (and others,me included) that thread was started directly after the QPR away game where Holty did spend a large chunk of the game out on the wings,ineffectively.The pint sized Simeon was the only one at Kenny and his big central defenders,and he was coming off second best.At the time i would have prefered it if it was the other way around.

Any way that is history now, Holty has proved all the doubters wrong and thank God for that! 

[/quote]

Look at Holts goal per game contribution upto that point (upto Tahns game in fact) and compare it to his form since then.

The summary was right - he did not have an impressive start to the season, was patently unfit, was playing poorly and had not scored - so there was every reason to question his ability to step up to the next level. In context the OP was aright to ask the question and does not make the OP guilty of treason.

However since December holts form has been inspirational and deserves all the credit he has got