Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

We're all gonna be Leeds fans next Friday

For one night only!!! For anyone living on Planet Zog and are unsure why, it''s because they are at home to Reading. We need them at the very least to draw against Reading, whatever our result against Ipswich.

Then on Saturday, we need QPR to take points off Cardiff and Preston to do the same to them on Easter Monday.

Simples! (though by next Monday evening, my heart may not be in a good condition!!!!!)

Anybody who saw the Reading v Leicester highlights will have seen that their star man is Jimmy Kebe, especially on the break. Stop him and you stop Reading IMO. Leicester were extraordinarily naive in handling him and he could easily have had a hat-trick. Leeds hopefully will have done their homework. If Reading fail to win promotion we should be trying to sign this guy!!!

actually its a lot more simple than that. we win our final four games against teams with nothing left to play for (altho ipswich is somewhat different being a derby) and all we need is cardiff to drop points somewhere along the line, most likely at qpr.

the teams we should be supporting is anyone who can stop qpr''s promotion until they play cardiff and therefore will be all out to beat the bluebirds.

Leeds current form is very poor but they will be desperate for points to cling on to 6th spot. Prediction score draw and Reading to win their other 3 games which would put them on 82. Will take a good team to match or beat that

Even worse it looks like we will have to have a soft spot for the original scum before the season ends!

[quote user="barclay4ever"]

actually its a lot more simple than that. we win our final four games against teams with nothing left to play for (altho ipswich is somewhat different being a derby) and all we need is cardiff to drop points somewhere along the line, most likely at qpr.

the teams we should be supporting is anyone who can stop qpr''s promotion until they play cardiff and therefore will be all out to beat the bluebirds.

[/quote]

Agreed - lets win the last 4 games and it''ll be ok hopefully[;)]

"the teams we should be supporting is anyone who can stop qpr''s promotion until they play cardiff and therefore will be all out to beat the bluebirds"

=============

They will be anyway no matter if they win, lose or draw vs Derby on monday.

(1) A QPR win vs derby means they only need a draw to guarantee promotion, or a win to secure the title aswell against Cardiff. This is regardless of our result vs the scum too.

(2) A QPR draw vs Derby means they need a win to guarantee promotion against Cardiff and virtually secure the title as well. This is regardless of our result vs the scum

(3) A QPR loss vs derby means they need a win to guarantee promotion against Cardiff, but cannot claim the title aswell unless we have drawn or lost to the scum.

I think thats all correct. Basically a win vs Cardiff earns them almost everything. I find it hard to believe they will lose to Crdiff now. They will definately go all out, especially if we beat the scum.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]"the teams we should be supporting is anyone who can stop qpr''s promotion until they play cardiff and therefore will be all out to beat the bluebirds"

=============

They will be anyway no matter if they win, lose or draw vs Derby on monday.

(1) A QPR win vs derby means they only need a draw to guarantee promotion, or a win to secure the title aswell against Cardiff. This is regardless of our result vs the scum too.

(2) A QPR draw vs Derby means they need a win to guarantee promotion against Cardiff and virtually secure the title as well. This is regardless of our result vs the scum

(3) A QPR loss vs derby means they need a win to guarantee promotion against Cardiff, but cannot claim the title aswell unless we have drawn or lost to the scum.

I think thats all correct. Basically a win vs Cardiff earns them almost everything. I find it hard to believe they will lose to Crdiff now. They will definately go all out, especially if we beat the scum.[/quote]

Everybody is forgetting that QPR don''t know if they will get a points deduction - there''s no way they will relax even if they beat Derby.

And the scum still think they can make the playoffs so not only will they be up for the usual derby and putting us off our promotion bid but they will still be up for it for themselves - that''s why I can''t see us getting anything on Thursday.

If we win the other 3 games we will get 83 points.....hope that will be enough but I suspect not and that we will end up in 3rd.

Ipswich only need 6 points in theory, but thats based on the idea that everyone from 6th to 11th will fail to win any of their remaining games. Thats not going to happen is it?

The scum would have to win everything and still pray for a miracle to gain a playoff place.

There''s no such thing as guaranteed promotion for QPR. It is dependent on the outcome of the court case and thus QPR will not settle for draws. They know that they need to gather maximum points in order to offset any deduction, and even that may not be enough for them.

A draw between Leeds and Reading wouldn''t be too bad, although I''d prefer a Leeds win, as it will just heighten competition for 6th spot, in particular Burnley''s interests. I hope that Burnley win their game in hand - at home to ''boro - as we need them to stay in the play-off picture right up to and including their last game at home to Cardiff. In fact, I hope that Burnley grab 6th spot on the last day of the season after beating Cardiff! Cardiff''s final run-in is (potentially) tricky.

The above comments re QPR are correct, but QPR don''t know if points will be deducted, I consider it unlikely but uncertainty means QPR will try to amass all points until decision day will not have guaranteed promotion or title until then.  I shall be a QPR/Leeds supporter next weekend, did''nt think that was someting I would ever do.

i dont think we should want any team to slow down qpr i think we should hope for them to get on a devistating run and destroy anybody who cross their path so they can smash cardiff and let us concentrate on winning every game starting at ipswich and settle for 2nd place.in the real world would love to win the league but lets win our last games and hope the fa dock qpr of their points

At the end of the day it does not matter what Cardiff and Reading do if we do not do the business ourselves - at this stage of the season a draw is like a defeat so we must come away with all three points on Thur - I have a horrible feeling about this game though but am a big believer in fate so I suppose what will be will be and we have no control over it