Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Three times nine is twenty seven

I was watching the London Marathon this morning, via satellite link straight to my own personal bunker, which got me wondering.  Have there been any professional Kenyan footballers?  I imagine they could run box to box all day, breaking up play and surging into the area to create powerful goalscoring opportunities.  Imagine Gary Holt, but better.  Imagine Damien Francis, but better.  And after a few sessions with Ron Saunders up and down Mousehold, they''d steamroller anyone in our way. 

Munby once said we were smarter than the average bear, or something.  I wonder if this is what he was getting at.

Thoughts? And please don''t bother responding if you''re one of the inner quadrant.

Be good to one another.

McDonald Mariga won the Champions League with Inter last year.And if we''re talking about Kenyans with the athletic prowess of marathon runners, they may have incredible fitness levels, but would these guys be anywhere near strong enough? They make Andres Iniesta look like Maruisz Pudzianowski.

[quote user="CantonsHero"]Same reason Usain Bolt doesn''t play for Barcelona[/quote]It''s funny you say that because i remmeber hearing, either an interview with him or somewhere else that he is surprisingly good at football and is tempted to try and take it up pro in a few years- i doubt he would get anywhere but would be amusing. Dont know if u remmeber dwayne chambers i think becoming a rugby player.It''s odd most sprinters have really poor hand eye coordination. I don''t know if it''s the same with long distant runners, i would guess so- maybe a lot of them take up running as they are no good at any other sport?