Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

ref's love worthy

The only reason norwich are robbed off penalties week in week out is becasue worthy never moans about them after games. refs come to carrow road knowning if they make a bad decision worthy wont say anything bad about them. we need him to be like o''leary or allardyce.

i hear worthy goes mental at the players so why doesnt he go mad at officials!

who cares about the fines-many managers get away with it. away to villa with riley in charge this saturday will be a great start

I think it is one of the best things about Worthy and this football club at the moment that we don''t rant and rave about poor refereeing and always find someone else to blame - we are making a lot of friends by our stance at the moment, and could quite possibly gain a place in Europe through this good behaviour - it is not just yellow and red cards which count towards the fair play league you know........

Yep! I sure think Worthy has the correct attitude regarding match officials, but only because he wouldn''t get away with the flippant and adverse comments, that the Chelski & Man-ure manager''s seem to do, when criticising officials and their decisions etc. 

Certainly gives me the impression - that they''re immune to punishment, and that they''re also a law above the FA and the Ref''s Association.

Worthy maintains a sensible distance from controversy concerning the FA and officialdom. But, as folk say, if you''re deemed a soft touch, people will tread all over you.

A fine for bringing the game into disrepute to the likes of our Club, is just peanuts to the ''bigger cannon''s'' who are 15 or 16 position''s above us. You never know, our good behaviour may reap it''s reward''s in the not too distant future-"hopefully!"   OTBC ;~)

Totally agree with you Templeton, I''d rather not have a moaning manager. Then again if it were to make a difference, and mean us staying up, then I would consider it. Even so, I don''t feel that that is the case - simply whinging about the ref isn''t going to win us more games I don''t think

The only reason Norwich don''t get any penalties is because they don''t deserve any. Huckerby is the worst diver ever, even worse than Robert Pires.

Quote :  I think it is one of the best things about Worthy and this football club at the moment that we don''t rant and rave about poor refereeing and always find someone else to blame

Well said.  He is not like Mourinho, Ferguson etc. who are always looking for someone to blame instead of themselves

[quote]Totally agree with you Templeton, I''d rather not have a moaning manager. Then again if it were to make a difference, and mean us staying up, then I would consider it. Even so, I don''t feel that that...[/quote]

It''s an interesting point though. Surely the referees do hear the comments made about them both before and after a game and they obviously have a certain amount of contact with managers during games - just look at Mouriño''s accusations againt Ferguson the other day.
I reckon the refs are influenced by it all. Just take a look at the most successful managers in the league - they all whinge on about the refs constantly. Maybe it''s all part of their calculated strategies. Ferguson is surely the worst, and how do Utd get treated by refs.......?

As stated on here many times before, we get pooped on by refs because they think that we won''t be around next season to give them a hard time. It''s OK to say, "hey-ho, never mind", but these decisions could cost us our Premier League status and we should make a fuss about it. It''s no co-incidence that the top three managers complain the most about the poor refereeing in this Division, they know that it will make a ref think harder about decisions! As the saying goes, "It''s the squeaky wheel that gets the grease". In our case, I''d just like refs to treat us the same as other teams; e.g., why did Eddy get sent off against Pompey but Lauren didn''t at Carrow Road?  For the answer, please see above!! Let''s stop being so nice, Worthy, and complain loudly when it''s warranted! 

Worthington needs to be more critical of his players, he can''t keep complimenting them when they have had a bad game. He says they give him 100% each week, well if thats their 100% then it obviously isn''t good enough, because if it was then they wouldn''t be fighting a relegation battle. You can''t blame the referee for their league position that is down to Norwich.