Sign in to follow this  
Wilson696

Norwich under 18's playing this afternoon in Guernsey

Hi to all,

New poster to the pink un. I read it all the time for the genral info and peoples match reports. As i live down in Guernsey in the Channel Islands, the cost of getting to games (flights etc) is to much for me.

Anyway, just thought I would post to say the under 18''s academy side are over here this weekend playing in a small tournament sponsered by Cylsdale bank. Four teams are involved, Norwich under 18'', Hearts under 19''s, a team from Guernsey and one from Jersey. The Guernsey and Jersey teams are adults.

For anyone that is fimilar with guernsey, the Norwich lads are staying at the Cobo Bay Hotel (which is very nice!) and is right next door to the Rockmount pub. So i think the are having a good time...

Norwich drew 1-1 with the Guernsey side, and beat the Jersey side 2-0 yesterday, Norwich''s touch and movement more than makes up for the lack of phyiscal presence against the adult teams. Three or four of the lads are only fifteen and one (forgotten his name) is apparently destined for great things.

Hearts under 19''s have beaten both the Jersey & Guernsey teams. Norwich need to beat Hearts to win the tournament . The deciding match is at 12:30 today. The sun is shining and the bar is open, heading off to watch so will update later this afternoon if anyone is interested.

I hope the under 18''s aren''t enjoying themselves in the Pub, they will be on the way to becoming Chris Martin''s.

No the lads were well behaved, they were all in on Friday night watching the Forest game.

The match with Hearts ended in a 0-0 draw. So unfortunatly Hearts won the trophy. Pretty much everyone in agreement that Norwich was the best footballing side there. Hearts were bigger and more phyiscal and three of there lads are also 1st team squad players.

I thought Norwich looked a very proffesional and well behaved young side. Not sure who the coach was, but he has the respect of the team. They are doing well in there Acdamey league and it shows by the displays that they have given this weekend. I know some will fall by the wayside, but if they can keep four or five of the beeter players in this squad, the future is looking very bright.

Flew over to watch the boys after the Forest match,my first visit to Guernsey,very nice island,enjoyed the 3 matches - will get some photos & a few words posted onto FONCY website later this week - good tournamant shame there were very few spectators