Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Choices

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Of course the question may not arise!

Norwich City skipper Grant Holt (left) and Wes Hoolahan have both been battling to be fit for tonight''s TV meeting with Nottingham Forest. Picture: Paul Chesterton / Focus Images

They both look like happy campers on the front page today.

OTBC

[/quote]

Prescience.

OTBC

[/quote]Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.

In others news, oh look, a massive cock.[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/man_with_huge_cock.jpg[/IMG]

Have I read this correctly? There seems to be some confusion. Surely "The Purists" have season tickets? I would have thought they''d had them for years, probably even before the Chase glory years. Do they not have one each? Do they share? Or do they not have one between them? Surely that would be shameful..??

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Have I read this correctly? There seems to be some confusion. Surely "The Purists" have season tickets? I would have thought they''d had them for years, probably even before the Chase glory years. Do they not have one each? Do they share? Or do they not have one between them? Surely that would be shameful..??[/quote]

Eighteen hours have passed Duncan and none of " The Purists" have responded so one must assume that they have been shamed as not having season tickets.

I remember Cluckin'' Nora regailing us with tales about her bank of season tickets that she finally "threw in" as a protest. I often wondered about the reality of this claim because she is a renowned megalomaniac. But I''m now wondering if they actually did exist and were in fact used by the purists.

As Tilly said, it''s all gone a bit quiet now. But there''s always the possibility that someone would remember sitting next to a purist who suddenly disappeared without trace during our slide toward League One. If anyone thought they did sit with a purist perhaps they could let us know so that we can clear this up.

If you sat next to a purist, I''m sure you''d remember...

"1959, Robert Chase, 1959, Devious Duo, it''s all in her purse, Robert Chase, Stowmarket Two...."

That would pretty much sum up the grumblings..

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]If you sat next to a purist, I''m sure you''d remember... "1959, Robert Chase, 1959, Devious Duo, it''s all in her purse, Robert Chase, Stowmarket Two...." That would pretty much sum up the grumblings..[/quote]

Not a chip off the old block I see.

But at least he gave you a fine Scottish name to beef up that Welsh ''Un (Cardiff, Swansea.......deary me) 

And while I''m about it, do you have an Aunt Nora by any chance? I mean the old man''s really infatuated with her, can''t get her out of his mind......Cluckin'' Nora is her nickname.

One love (to City)......on Thursday.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But at least he gave you a fine Scottish name to beef up that Welsh ''Un (Cardiff, Swansea.......deary me) 

[/quote]

And if you put those two names together you arrive at one of the greatest English footballers of all time. But that would be as off beam as you usually are.

The first consideration was Martin Peter but us guys don''t always get our own way. So we decided to try and keep the young ''un''s voice down to a roar.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

And if you put those two names together you arrive at one of the greatest English footballers of all time. But that would be as off beam as you usually are.

The first consideration was Martin Peter but us guys don''t always get our own way. So we decided to try and keep the young ''un''s voice down to a roar.

[/quote]

I was lucky enough to see a rampaging Duncan Edwards play at Wembley in 1957 in his last match for England. We tanked France 4-0 - and I have never seen a winger dominate a full back like Tom Finney did in that match - except perhaps our own Bobby Brennan once or twice in his pomp.

I think I said that before........

One love (to City) on Thursday. Prescience.

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was lucky enough to see a rampaging Duncan Edwards play at Wembley in 1957 in his last match for England. We tanked France 4-0 - and I have never seen a winger dominate a full back like Tom Finney did in that match - except perhaps our own Bobby Brennan once or twice in his pomp.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly, I''m just asking a question ( not taking a shot )....are you suggesting Duncan Edwards was a full back. If that was the case then I really need to keep a careful watch on what my memory is telling me.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Bly, I''m just asking a question ( not taking a shot )....are you suggesting Duncan Edwards was a full back. If that was the case then I really need to keep a careful watch on what my memory is telling me.

[/quote]

Whoops. Apologies Bly. Obviously, I did not read your note correctly before responding. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whoops. Apologies Bly. Obviously, I did not read your note correctly before responding. 

[/quote]

That''s OK Yankee. Tom Finney played left wing that day and his performance is seared in my memory - its just a pity that the Pathe News clip below doesn''t do it justice.

Last international before the Munich disaster I think. The late great Bobby Robson scored two that day into the bargain.

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=34899

OTBC