Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Result #1 sorted. Thanks Derby!

A draw is perfect - whatever our result on Thursday, QPR now need to beat Cardiff on Saturday to secure promotion. The last thing we wanted was them celebrating Friday and not on their game Saturday!

Next up, tomorrow night Burnley v Middlesbrough. Come on you Clarets!!

It''s finished 0-0 so that means that QPR can''t afford to take their foot off the gas against Cardiff - as things stand they''ll feel that they need to get something from Saturday''s game, even more so if we win on Thursday. 

Derby are 1 point closer to safety and almost assured of Championship footy next season.

Derby holding QPR 0-0 means that QPR still have plenty to play for against Cardiff - should mean more chance of QPR beating them.

I''m sure Warnock will give them a talking to before the Cardiff game. Highly doubt we will see a repeat performance from tonight.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Part of me wishes that I hadn''t seen that tonight.....QPR were poor, and I''m less sure of getting any kind a favour out of them now for having witnessed tonight![/quote]

You may be right GJL, however, the positive thing is that this keeps all the possibilities on the table. As unlikely as it may seem the possibilities are: 1) QPR has their collapse right at the end of the season because , as the match commentator said they are not home and hosed yet and their remaining matches are probably a tougher run-in than any club has ( and don''t think Warnock is not aware of that ) plus they have "the hearing" hanging over them, 2) As others have stated QPR still have all to play for on Saturday in a game we would like to see Cardiff lose and 3) If Burnley can win tomorrow this puts them squarely in the play-off picture meaning Leeds will be feeling the pressure to perform against Reading. Further, Cardiff''s last game being at Burnley, we want Burnley highly motivated on that day.

Of course, there''s a lot of ifs and buts with all remaining games, including whether Norwich can win at Portman Road but, even if we don''t, all is not lost in terms of what I''ve said above. If we do win, however, then we will be licking our chops at the prospect of coming out of the weekend ( including Monday  ) in an even better position than we are now.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Part of me wishes that I hadn''t seen that tonight.....QPR were poor, and I''m less sure of getting any kind a favour out of them now for having witnessed tonight![/quote]

You may be right GJL, however, the positive thing is that this keeps all the possibilities on the table. As unlikely as it may seem the possibilities are: 1) QPR has their collapse right at the end of the season because , as the match commentator said they are not home and hosed yet and their remaining matches are probably a tougher run-in than any club has ( and don''t think Warnock is not aware of that ) plus they have "the hearing" hanging over them, 2) As others have stated QPR still have all to play for on Saturday in a game we would like to see Cardiff lose and 3) If Burnley can win tomorrow this puts them squarely in the play-off picture meaning Leeds will be feeling the pressure to perform against Reading. Further, Cardiff''s last game being at Burnley, we want Burnley highly motivated on that day.

Of course, there''s a lot of ifs and buts with all remaining games, including whether Norwich can win at Portman Road but, even if we don''t, all is not lost in terms of what I''ve said above. If we do win, however, then we will be licking our chops at the prospect of coming out of the weekend ( including Monday  ) in an even better position than we are now.

[/quote]

Although I have the greatest confidence in that our team can beat anybody in our division probably better away from home this season I have this horrible horrible feeling about Thursday and feel if results go our way the weekend we would not have taken advantage - Ipswich always seem to get the last laugh over us and can just see their crowd gloating - Oh I hope I am wrong especially if results don''t go our way the weekend - by the way Leeds v Reading live on Sky Fri night should be good

Yankee, agree with everything you have said there, spot on my son! Of course, a win Thurs will help us tremendously (and my own opinion is that we will get promoted if we can win Thurs), but the key thin as you mention is that even if we lose, all is not lost (though the likelihood is that we will then need to win our last 3 and rely on Leeds taking something off Reading).

A QPR defeat would have been preferable, would still want to take points of Cardiff and we would have better chance of overhauling QPR if not Cardiff.  QPR run in could be tricky Cardiff away, Hull at home, Watford away and Leeds at home could conceivably lose all 4, 4 wins by City we could overtake QPR.  NCFC 86 points, QPR 83, but Cardiff 87 if win all 4, unlikely but not impossible.

Must beat Ipswich however, come on. 

Looks like result #2 has gone our way too..3-1 Burnley. Now it''s our turn to add to that with a win on Thursday and then the QPR win/draw[;)]