Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Is anyone else not 'feeling' the Derby?

Ordinarily I would be well excited about the Ipswich game, but I''m just not feeling it at the moment.

I can''t work out if its because of other things we are concentrating as a football team at the moment, or whether its because I know there will be no chance I can watch the game whether it be at Portman Road or on TV.

To me we are playing some team on Thursday night and it doesn''t bother me in the slightest its Ipswich Town, does anybody else feel the same way?

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Ordinarily I would be well excited about the Ipswich game, but I''m just not feeling it at the moment. I can''t work out if its because of other things we are concentrating as a football team at the moment, or whether its because I know there will be no chance I can watch the game whether it be at Portman Road or on TV. To me we are playing some team on Thursday night and it doesn''t bother me in the slightest its Ipswich Town, does anybody else feel the same way?[/quote]

I think its just you. This is an absolutely massive game and its made bigger because its against the sc*m. I am nervous as hell about it already.

for a change we''ve got far more important fish to fry than our poor cousins down the road!

still, i bet it will feel pretty special when we beat them!!!

Another reason could be because I don''t live in Norwich anymore, but I was really excited about the game at Carrow Road this season, like stupidly excited...

If we beat them I will just see it as another 3 points closer than a turn to the Premier League

I get what you''re saying, the three points is ultimately the most important thing. And we have already humiliated them this season already anyway!

I kind of wish we had something riding on it, i.e. if we won we would go up....

I guess if anything if we do win it''ll shut them up for saying they relegated us in 08/09

The ipswich game really doesn''t mean anything more to me than any other game! the aim is to win, the pitch is the same, same size goals....I''d rather do the double over LEICESTER which we did [y][y][y][y][y][y][y][y]

Yes, defo overshadowed by the chance of getting 2nd spot for me, so it would be good to beat the scum (obviously) but if we get enough from our last 4 games to claim 2nd, I don''t really care which games the points come from.

Having said that, Thursday is pretty important to our chances of getting 2nd because a win will put the pressure back on Cardiff who have a tough game coming up after they''ve had a few easy games.  So more than enough to get nervous about anyway.

Personally i''ve got the feeling of the derby PLUS the feeling of "If we lose it''s over for 2nd".

I''m dreading it to be honest. I''m never confident before a derby match regardless but after the success we''ve had this season, the 4-1 last time and the need to win i''m certain we''re going to lose (though obviously i hope not).

If we lose - god forbid! - and Cardiff win their game on the Saturday, i think 2nd place will be theirs and we will have to settle for the playoffs.

Though the last time anyone did the East Anglian Double (i think) was the year that we last won promotion to the Premier League. In which case if we win, could it be de ja vue again?

Yes it''s Ipswich and yes its a derby game but there is so much more riding on it which makes it all the more important for Norwich fans even if you don''t feel the "derby" excitement.

At this time on Thursday night we will 90 minutes away from complete ecstasy or depression.

Lets hope it''s the latter!

OTBC!

I''m kind of the same. I''m excited & nervous about the game because of how important it is but it doesn''t feel ''Derby like''..perhaps because it''s on a Thursday.

"I can watch the game whether it be at Portman Road"

can''t be for the lack of tickets - the paupers still have thousands unsold

I think its because the 3 points far outweigh the ''beating the scum'' aspect of this match - a very rare occurance I think. Even the ''top of the league at portman road'' match wasn''t this important because it was no way near the end of the season and didn''t necessarily mean much in terms of promotion at the time.

As far as I''m concerned we have already got the bragging rights for this season, the Pride of Anglia title is already safely tucked away in the bag on a season where Ipswich were supposed to be pushing automatic prmotion under their new found savior Roy Keane while newly promoted Norwich were supposed to be in a relegation struggle. Well at least that was the way our binner friends down the road had anticipated.Thursday night is all about moving one step closer to promotion.

If we lose, I won''t care that it''s against Ipswich.

I''m more concerned that Ipswich are on a great run of results and will be out to rectify their humiliating defeat earlier in the season. Having said that, we are more an capable of winning and this would be a major coup!

While its always good to get one over the S cum or any team for that matter, my main desire is for the club to get promoted so ultimately Thursday night is about the points we cn get for winning!

Towns good run of results are mainly away from home , in the home form table they sit 23rd . A rare full house behind them may just spur them on though and we have not won away since the Leicester so its no forgone conclusion , would quite frankly be heartbreaking if after the season we have had that they were the side that killed our automatic chances.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Towns good run of results are mainly away from home , in the home form table they sit 23rd . A rare full house behind them may just spur them on though and we have not won away since the Leicester so its no forgone conclusion , would quite frankly be heartbreaking if after the season we have had that they were the side that killed our automatic chances.
[/quote]

As Lambert says, form goes completely out the window. Too tough to call but we shhould be able to see it through with 3 points.

I am definitely feeling the derby. Chance to go back into the automatic places (albeit until the weekend possibly) and having to play against our nearest and dearest. Doesnt really get any bigger than that to be honest. I think you should give up if you arent excited by it. Been looking forward to it all week. Although I will be the first to admit I dont get out much!

I''m going to be controversial here, I think this has got "draw" written all over it.

Having watched my father die yesterday afternoon I feel a tad guilty even thinking about football. Yet I still have a huge desire to get there with my son to hopefully see Norwich do the business. A win against Ipswich would always put a smile on Dad''s face!

Getting 3 points on Thursday is far more important than who we''re playing though...

I know what you mean there''s just far more at stake than a local derby. Im desperate for the win and am thinking more about Cardiff and 2nd place rather than Ipswich.

I am not at all excited about it being a derby. To me it just feels like another game where 3 points are essential. If we drop points, I feel we could be pushed well into the play-off scenario.

An utterly and completely boring game with a 0-1 win for us would be just fantastic.