Sign in to follow this  
MisterCarrow

Cody Macdonald

I cannot believe some people on here! In the limited opportunities that Cody had here he always played well, he was unlucky to come into a team that was on the decline and therefore was never going to be given a fair chance. We were playing badly, and he was thrown in at the deep end, playing in what was about a 10x higher league than he had been used to and with a lot of weight on our shoulders (we didn''t have any reasonable strikers, he was brought in, and must have felt an enormous pressure to deliver instantly to try and help our survival).

Next year and change of regime saw for some reason or another Martin favoured more than Cody, now to say that Martin is clearly the better player is nonsense, as we have no idea how many Cody could have scored if he was given the same amount of game time. Like Jackson has shown this season, some players simply need time to settle in and have a good run in the team, something which Cody was never given. But when he did step up to the plate, he always delivered, I think it was against Walsall where he earned us all 3 point off the bench.

This season he has done superbly well, if you have seen some of his goals on the football league show you will realise that a few of them are fantastic. The most important thing for us is that he is on form, and that may be what we need in the play off''s. What some people need to realise is that the goal is still the same size and remains in the same place as it is in league two, give Cody the right ball, in the right position and I am sure that he would bang it in to secure us promotion. To also say that his heart is elsewhere is ridiculous, he seems like the sort of player that would be likeable within the squad, and the type who would give their all in every match they play in. Lets not forget i''m sure he feels as though he owes us a lot, we did after all take a massive gamble on him and give him the chance to both reach his potential and realise his dream.

I think I''ve already said what''s going to happen:
It''s the 94th minute of the play-off final. Norwich 3 Leeds 3 - Leeds

down to 9 men with 2 sendings off, we''re down to ten because of

injuries. Holt, Hoolahan and Martin have each scored, Leeds have had

three dubious penalties. Lambert has just put Cody, his last sub on. 

Cody picks up the ball in our half, dribbles past most of the Leeds

team, lay it off to Holt who is hacked down by Andy Hughes, but, blood

spurting from his head, manages to lay it off to Cody who goes past the

rest of Leeds and sticks it in the top corner...
http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2434628/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I think I''ve already said what''s going to happen:
It''s the 94th minute of the play-off final. Norwich 3 Leeds 3 - Leeds

down to 9 men with 2 sendings off, we''re down to ten because of

injuries. Holt, Hoolahan and Martin have each scored, Leeds have had

three dubious penalties. Lambert has just put Cody, his last sub on. 

Cody picks up the ball in our half, dribbles past most of the Leeds

team, lay it off to Holt who is hacked down by Andy Hughes, but, blood

spurting from his head, manages to lay it off to Cody who goes past the

rest of Leeds and sticks it in the top corner...
http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2434628/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]

Good dream, like all dreams they seldom make sense, as per yours. Andy Hughes plays for Scunny!!

That was pointed out on the original thread but I didn''t want to change it in case the Thread Police accused me of rewriting history.