Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Could someone please remind me?

Why is the Ipswich match being played on a Thursday night if it is not being televised?

One love (to City) on Thursday.

OTBC

I think it is because of the bank holidays and double pay scenario with suffolk police. It was originally scheduled for friday i think then got moved.

Makes you wonder why they don''t just play it saturday afternoon at 3pm. Let''s face it no more trouble would occur at that time than it would at 19:45 when people are off the following day.

Agreed can''t see any difference between Thursday night and Saturday 3pm for any possible trouble to happen.

But as everyone plays again on Monday i doubt if Saturday was even considered.

Are cardiff not playing saturday and monday? hope so cos bellars cant possibly play so many games so close to eachother!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Could someone please remind me?[/quote]Yes, of course.It''s the red ones twice a day and the green ones after your lunchtime meal.

Its on now, the pre match buildup is gathering pace. Gabby Logans just been on the pitch interviewing the head groundsman as he shaves a giant suffolk punch pony into the turf... she might have distracted him as when they zoomed out to hand back to Jim Rosenthal in the studio the camera angle made it look like the horse has 5 legs/a massive wang. Now its a montage of Ian Marshall missing sitters, having awful hair and showcasing his ''one finger assisted blowing yards of snot out of his hooter'' technique. Compelling telly.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Why is the Ipswich match being played on a Thursday night if it is not being televised?

OTBC

[/quote]

This from the man who read every post on every thread every day! Attention seeking in the extreme me thinks.[:(]

[quote user="Nolly"]Because the police told them to move it from the original date of Good Friday[/quote]The original date wasn''t Good Friday it was Saturday at 3pm which they moved to Good Friday and then to the Thursday.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Because you touch yourself at night....

This from the man who read every post on every thread every day! Attention seeking in the extreme me thinks.[:(]

[/quote]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="mikewalker"]It is being televised. Get involved.[/quote]

no it isnt.
[/quote]

Play along for his entertainment!!

I am surprised Bly knows how to control a TV, I''m even more surprised he knows how to use the internet!

It has definitely worked to our advantage though, having the game on Thursday.We get four days rest ahead of the match against Derby on Monday. Derby get two. If we were going into Monday''s game on the back of two day''s rest and our opponents had four, I wouldn''t be too happy about it.

Also if Vokes does happen to score we will be able to thank the police for him being able to play!

however he better not get sent off!

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I am surprised Bly knows how to control a TV, I''m even more surprised he knows how to use the internet![/quote]

This should prove interesting when he next visits the Pinkun messgeboard[;)]

So what we''ve got so far is that we''re playing on Thursday so that Ipswich don''t have to pay the Suffolk police triple time.

Secondly, that we don''t mind because it gives us 4 days before Derby rather than 2.

And thirdly that it enables Vokes to play.

Seems to me that Ipswich have unwittingly  done us three favours.

We''re on a roll!!!

One love (to City) - on Thursday.

[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I am surprised Bly knows how to control a TV, I''m even more surprised he knows how to use the internet![/quote]

This should prove interesting when he next visits the Pinkun messgeboard[;)]

[/quote]

Tilly, what amazes me is how completely oblivious he is towards the subject!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

So what we''ve got so far is that we''re playing on Thursday so that Ipswich don''t have to pay the Suffolk police triple time.

Secondly, that we don''t mind because it gives us 4 days before Derby rather than 2.

And thirdly that it enables Vokes to play.

Seems to me that Ipswich have unwittingly  done us three favours.

We''re on a roll!!!

One love (to City) - on Thursday.

[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Bank holiday working for Police is double time,rest day working is time and a half and overtime on a working day is time and a third.

Oh do keep up Bly.[:P]