Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Everyone seems to think tomorrow is going to be an easy win then!

There''s far too much over-confidence on here and in the press. I don''t like it. Just like after the Scunthorpe game.

On paper we''re stronger, no question, but this is the derby, we all know anything can happen.

Sorry, i just had to post something to try and balance out the over-confidence. I''m cacking it myself, because i think we know, anything less than 3 points and it''s play offs. And i really couldn''t deal with that. I can still feel the pain of that day in Cardiff 9 years ago. Never felt anything like it before or since - don''t want it again. So we HAVE to win tomorrow. Hence i''m cacking it.

Anyone else feel like this!?

Got to expect a tough game really. Their form is pretty decent and they obviously won''t want to get beat on their patch, let alone have us do the double over them. This is probably the only thing they''ve got left to play for and any slight hope of making the play-offs would probably be killed off by a win for us.

But I''m sure that our boys will be well up for it. Nottingham Forest gave us a very tough game but we came out on top and it''ll be another great chance to put pressure on Cardiff.

I''ll be at the beamback, I''m not buzzing ATM probably because I won''t be at the game but come kick off I will be. I agree, ill be nervous throughout the game but I don''t like the over confidence. especially on the banter pages on facebook. I''d rathe we went quietly about our business and if we win then and only then, I will happily send tons of abuse their way :)

Argh, stay well away from facebook! This reason I''ve only written something on my fb page PRIOR to a game 3 times, usually cos of friends who are fans of our rivals. The games in question? Crystal Palace at home, Burnley away and Swansea away!

I woke up thinking about the game, and I will only be one of the many listening on the radio! I think it''s because we can still dream about automatic promotion at the moment, and if we lose tonight, we will have to stop dreaming about it, as it gets too dependent upon other teams slipping up - we already have to rely on Cardiff dropping a point here and there and anything more would be too much to expect. There is so much riding on tonight, even if it wasn''t a derby game.

I think this is the one season we as fans go into portman road confident of rating them 1) we are simply a better team than them and 2) Paul lambert has instilled belief in all of us that this team is capable of beating anyone! Ipswich will put up a fight but with our best 11 out we should and I hope come out winners! Come on youuuuu yellowssssss!

Not overly confident myself.  Its probably the biggest game in the last 6 or 7 years.  I know the team will do everything and give everything, i just hope its enough...

Fingers crossed

This is the first season in the championship since relegation from the prem where having confidence in the team is not misplaced. Even if we don''t win it won''t be because we were over confident. Lambert sends the team out with te right attitude time and time again, sometimes things don''t go to plan, but the work rate and belief is always there, and that''s why a bit of faith is never misplaced!

Not only is the work rate and belief there, more than enough talent exists too. We''ve already been up to second place which proves ''we know how to play the game of football''.

Tonight we just need a fair roll of the ball and competent officials. We always look to create our own good fortune and win each game; it''s served us well so far, so let''s expect more of the same! It''s a potential 3 points and business as usual. PL really is a like a well-engineered piece of German machinery if you ask me.

I don''t think it''s going to be easy, I''m absolutely cacking myself. having said that, I think that we should have enough to beat them and put ourselves back in the driving seat. But .... this is the derby and we all know that anything can happen in these games .....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"].....a draw could be good enough, providing Cardiff lose to QPR (preferably by a couple of goals) and Reading dont win at Leeds..........neither beyond the realms of possibility?[/quote]Good point.If we draw against Pompy and Scum, and win at home to Derby and Coventry (which would actually be a kind of disappointment), that would give us 8 more points. Cardiff have Burnley away, which I believe they will lose, and QPR at home, which is a draw. If they then beat Preston away (not easy), and Sheff utd at home I think, then they get 7 points, and we go up on GD! That''s if we don''t beat Pompy and Scum (which we will), up to the prem we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go up on goal difference? You''re making some pretty big assumptions there about numbers of goals socred/conceded. Personally i think Cardiff will beat QPR. QPR are strolling over the line at the moment. Their team is nothing like as together as it ought to be and they also know they really only need one more win. It''s a bit like when we played Sunderland in our championship winning season. Sunderland were on their late charge to secure promotion whereas we were virtually over the line. I think it''s far more likely for them to be held by Preston and or Burnley, unfortunately meaning that this is, as ever, going RIGHT to the wire!

I''m toying with the idea of leaving the country until May 8th and then just coming back and asking, "well? did we do it or not?"  Saves the stress!