Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Ric

Beam back big question !!

This is my first beam back not sure what to expect atmosphere wise etc. I am watching from the stand. The big question is will it be like rugby where we can enjoy a alcoholic beverage from the stand. As it''s not a normal home league game etc.

By the way I am no alcoholic ;) just enjoying the chance to toast another derby day victory !!! Cheers to 3 points and a nice cold carling !!!

Ps ( tin hat at the ready for the non drinkers / moaners )

Its on the red button on BBC. Simply armchair it up in the comfort of your own man-cave whilst the dulcit tones of John Motson to calm your nerves.

[quote user="mikewalker"]Its on the red button on BBC. Simply armchair it up in the comfort of your own man-cave whilst the dulcit tones of John Motson to calm your nerves.[/quote]

Where have you got this info MW ?

You can''t drink in front of the pitch if it is a desiginated football match. The match is not being played at Carrow Road, so in theory, we should be able to, although the club may not want it.

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="mikewalker"]Its on the red button on BBC. Simply armchair it up in the comfort of your own man-cave whilst the dulcit tones of John Motson to calm your nerves.[/quote]

Where have you got this info MW ?

[/quote]

See my other post. I''ve got the live buildup on now.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]It is NOT on the red button, he''s winding you up. The game will not be on TV anywhere except at Carrow Road.[/quote]

Yeah, if you''re still on analogue telly. Get a digi box man, they''re only £10 in cash converters. Digi box, couple of putters and Tiger Woods 2004 for PS2, all for £21. Touch.

This is my point as it''s not live etc. It''s just like anyother non football event concert etc where you can enjoy a beer. Although I do think football should be like rugby where you are allowed. And mike I have one of them black and white television. With a Betamax will this have the game on ?!!

As I just bought mine online this morning, it didn''t say how I get my ticket. Just to make sure I have it right, you do collect them from the old ticket office?

That is a steaming pile. Don''t get your hopes up people.

I had though about this too, really hoping as its not a match they wont be too anal about it but to be honest im not holding my breath.

If it''s that important try phoning the Club.At the Watford beamback they let people go out for a cigarette which is out of the norm.

Last i heard you will be able to drink whilst watching. To start with the Police didnt want to allow it but i was told on Friday it has been now agreed.

this is what the BBC website says about coverage of the game;

• Venue: Portman Road

• Date: Thursday, 21 April

• Kick-off: 1945 BST

• Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio 5 live, BBC Radio Suffolk and BBC Radio Norfolk; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

nothing about the red button

[quote user="Carrowfortress"]Last i heard you will be able to drink whilst watching. To start with the Police didnt want to allow it but i was told on Friday it has been now agreed.[/quote]its not up to the police.. its up to the ground regulations which are set by the FA...so... no tippled for anyone.

I thought it was illegal in this country to consume alchol whilst being in the view of the pitch, it''s why they have those high up curtains in some of the City Stand bars. Even though you would have to be about 8 foot tall to see the pitch, they can''t risk it. I would have though the bars would be open at half time mind.

You can drink in view of the pitch, just not within 15 minutes before and after kick off. That''s when the curtains are closed and opened again.

I had a very good day out at Birmingham a couple of years ago where we had a box and just sat there drinking all game. It seems some clubs are more bothered than others.

Doesn''t answer the original question but there you go!

Bearing in mind every single bar in the ground is going to be rammed to capacity, do you really think they will have the physical capacity to serve drinks to everyone in the stands too?I''m in the bar.[:)]

I think it is. But as a game is not actually being played In the stadium Is this still the case. And I agree Morty with your point about bar staff. It''s bad enough at half time. I take it there will be stewards if not may slip one through !!

Well being a Steward at the Ground and having the Information from the Head Safety officer, it was the Police putting up objections and stopping the drinks in the ground area, this has apparently been resolved so, as far as i have been informed they will allow drinks there.