Sign in to follow this  
blacko

SHOOT

Anyone that can remember even our most succesful teams of the late eighties early nineties, it was still the same.

We all wanted to walk it in - apart from Jerry Goss, that is.

Bobby Charlton said "The fans will forgive you if you shoot and miss, but they''ll never forgive you if you don''t shoot".

I hope Ashton has a crack from the edge of the box. We also need to start pinging in more crosses for him (it worked vs Bolton didn''t it?!). Bizarrely, one of the reasons Worthy said he liked Safri was because he shoots when he gets a sight of goal.

I think it''s all down to confidence (heard this before, aincha?) But last season we were knocking in shots from all over and outside the penalty box. Hucks finishing was a times superb. I think he especially, but the rest of the team also, are severely lacking confidence.

Fortunately I don''t think Ashton is suffering and hopefully he''ll lead the way!

[quote]Anyone that can remember even our most succesful teams of the late eighties early nineties, it was still the same. We all wanted to walk it in - apart from Jerry Goss, that is.[/quote]

You''re right - Goss was the only one back in those days who wasn''t afraid to have a crack.

As I recall, my Dad and I used to joke that he was the only norwich player who wasn''t afraid to make meaty tackles either (surely, though newman?), mind you he did soemtimes seem to be tackling his own players too....

what a legend.

:

I think everyone is being a little unfair on Crook by saying that Goss was the only one who would shoot, but yes, it does seem to be a Norwich disease, trying to walk the ball in.

The times I say ''For God''s sake, HIT IT!!!!!''

Crooky would shoot if the ball was dead, 25 yds out and ready to pay a visit to the top corner.

Otherwise he was just as bad as the others!!

[quote]EXACTLY.BUT WHAT A GOAL BY DAMIEN FRANCIS AT PORTSMOUTH.[/quote]

Yeah I remember that ONE !  ......... but then I remember  all too clearly all the balls he`s booted  every whichway but on target  !!    if he`d converted one tenth of the  sitters he`s missed we would be  at least  hanging  2 points clear of the bottom four  ............. 

It''s not just a case of whacking it from distance.  They either need to be 1) in a position where the can shoot ie closer than 25 yards or 2) MOST IMPORTANTLY- have created a chance where a player is in a good position to shoot ie 18 yards or closer. 

We could do option 1 till the cows come home and score maybe 1 in a 100.  The key is trying to crack number 2

only bently and francis (and maybe jarvis) Seem comftable shooting outside the area......

And now weve lost bently............ *gulps*......

this was discussed a while ago when we hadnt won. they need to shoot. the attacks are always breaking down so why dont they just try their luck from wherever. there can be keeper errors, deflections. we just need some shots to get the attacks going and just generally to give us something to watch on MOTD