Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Claridge on Holt

Went to carrow road last night, what an experience, have never seen anything like it, Unbelievable, anyway to the point, just listened to a piece of commentary from 5 live & claridge was taking the piss at the number of touches it took GH to bring the ball under control, What a CoUNT hes not fit to clean Holts boots, fuckin journeyman who had a couple of decent seasons & more clubs than Fred Flintstone,

He also said this about Norwich. Taken from Ipswich site.

According to Claridge on Five Live, Norwich more superior and organised.

Very dissapointing

Claridge is not anti Norwich or Holt, its just banter that you didn''t like?

I don''t mind commontaters taking the wee,Jake Humphries on Jenson Button after his pit stop in the wrong place. He suggested that he may get a Specsaver contract. Coulthard winced. Brilliant.

Holt won''t give a stuff,

HRH

To be fair to Claridge that was a tiny part of the commentary and for the rest of the game he had nothing but praise for Holt and the rest of the team.

He reads everything from a script. The other week on the FLS the autocue broke and he said our leading goalscorer was Simeon Jackson.

Not sure he reads everything from a script, he repeated "Bish, Bash, Bosh" like Lambert repeats "terrific".

He also had a bit of trouble with the Goal Difference, on which his co-commentator had to put him straight.

I listened to all the commentary from 5live - Claridge was more than complimentary about Norwich, especially Holt/Jackson up front.The coverage started with a strong bias towards the losers, but after a few minutes of smart football from us, they soon changed their tune.Claridge was wetting himself with delight on more than one accasion during the match, praising our smart thinking, superb passing and especially the strong work rate and back-tracking.Comments like "Look at Holt, he''s run 40 yards to make that tackle in his own half" and "Norwich seem to work harder without the ball than with it" will certainly please Mr Lambert.Not being that bothered about Claridge, I think what he said about GH''s touch on that occasion was a compliment to his persistence and work rate. I think Claridge got caught up in the euphoria of our performance.I must admit, at times I was gushing with pride about some of the compliments from 5 live.