Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

Nigel Quashie for 800k?

i know we''re hardly in a position to start believing the board or the manger when it comes to how much money the club is able to get its hands on, but surely now we don''t have any spare cash for a permanent signing?

would love to get him though

[quote]No. Hasn''t really cut it in the Prem and 800K is quite a lot to pay. Got a damn good long range shot though[/quote]

Hasn''t cut it in the Prem? Are you watching the same player?! He''s the heartbeat of the Portsmouth midfield and a good pro. Does a bit of everything; the complete midfielder.

As for Portsmouth selling, Velimir Zajec is likely to use the window to bring in his own players, and Quashie could be one who makes way. I''m not saying it''s for definite Quashie is for sale, but I hear 800k is the asking price, and if we have that spare, we couldn''t do alot better for our money in that position...would a great partner for Damien.

Heartbeat is a good word. And Dama does need a good partner.

Everything goes through Quasie - but I rather think he can delay advancement because he has to be personally involved in almost every move.

Personally, with Tonge and Kumas being talked up, I know where I''d prefer to spend precious funds. And I am quirte a Cooper fan.

[quote]Hasn''t cut it in the Prem? Are you watching the same player?! He''s the heartbeat of the Portsmouth midfield and a good pro. Does a bit of everything; the complete midfielder. As for Portsmouth sellin...[/quote]

If he is the heartbeat of the midfield why would pompey sell for 800K.  I have heard a lot of grumblings down here about Quashie. 

Sorry just not for me

Definitely YES. Was their best midfielder at Carrow Road, with attacking runs and a great shot. Would put some steel and experience into midfield. Would be a steal at £800k, but I can''t see Pompey letting him go.

Because my friends he is out of contract in the summer! Bit of a bargain me thinks, if we have another 800k that is. What a fantastic midfield pairing that would be. Quashie and Francis - frightens me just how good that would be! Now, if my suspicions are correct, the board and worthy monitor these boards and take on board who the supporters want to see, so he should sign this week - after a bit of ´no more money ever´and a drawn out chase including every other prem club.

No thanks. Not real Prem class. Has just hit a temporary vein of form.

We need and deserve better.

OTBC

P.S Would be good to help dig us out of the Championsip next year if it comes to that. But I''m into the power of positive thinking.

I''ve already pointed out why Portsmouth may be willing to let Quashie go for a reasonable price...

As for him not being a Premiership class central midfielder; basically, if he came here he''d be the 2nd best central midfielder at the club! Think that says it all.

Along with Yakubu, Quashie has been one of the main reasons Portsmouth have done so well since coming up...he''s the complete midfielder and would be great in midfield along with Francis.

I have heard Southampton are interested too, which would make sense, but if there is a spare 800k(ish) spare, then he''d definitely be worth a shot at.

No offence, but what planet are some of you on?  "No better then what we have?" - We have some very mediocre players in our squad that are carried by others and it´s about time they got the boot! I´ll start with mulryne, continue with helveg(danish international my a**e)  and finish on the wee fella mcveigh. There are others, but i´ll start a war if i continue.  Quashie is a quality player, and more importantly - a perfect foil to francis.  Forget all this - one holding midfielder lark - the game has moved on and is more physical and faster.  Move with the times guys......

Nearly all of the players that worthington has added From last season have some sort of international experience and I cant believe that your slating helveg by the way your right hes not just playing for the danish national team he''s the captain and played at the highest level for a number of years....He demands some sort of respect...What experience does quashie have...At a bottom rate club

I work with a pompey fan who likes him a lot and confirm he is at the very core of their team. £2m over rates though especially as his contract is up for renewal in the summer and would be available on a free. Pompey surely cant reject a £2m offer for that period?

Clearly Harry likes him though as his wages were £36k pw and was given a pay rise last season!

Would I want him? I dont think so, not convinced he is much better than Safri and for less money would far prefer to take the risk in Chaplow.

OTBC

Yes. Makes Pompey tick and put in loads of work at FCR earlier this season. Great partner for Damo.

I can assure you all that Nigel Quashie is on nothing like 36k a week!

Though it looks like he will be off to Southampton if anywhere, it would have been a great signing for us.

Nigel Quashie is one of the best controlling midfielders we have seen at Carrow Road. A couple of seasons ago in a 0-0 thriller (we did deserve to win) he was outstanding. For me he is as important to Pompey as Graveson has been to Everton and I cannot see him being left sitting around for long.

If we could have him here, for me he would be the missing bit of the midfield jigsaw.............I would love it but I don''t think so................

Well Saints signed him for £2.1M which ties in with what DDIM stated.

Was he worth that?

I actually thought the guy was a pivotal player in the Pompey midfield as somebody else had noted. There was a lot that Pompey did that went through Quashie. No like-for-like replacement immediately springs to mind at Pompey for Quashie - Berkovic?, Berger?, Stone?, Faye? None of those seem to have the motor or the vision that Quashie had.