Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Unbelievable but job is nowhere near done

Well I was at Carrow Road last night and I, as I am sure many who have previously posted, was amazed. Amazing experience.

But the job is nowhere near done, we most certainly will go into the Derby County game full of energy and the crowd no doubt will be up for the game. I hope even more so than the Forest home game.

The pressure we have put on the top of the table teams has been amazing and we still are. Cardiff for a second week running have to bounce back to regain a lead over us against a qpr team who I am sure will want to clinch promotion this Saturday.

We have to go into that game on Monday ready to pick up another vital win, it is not in our hands yet. But hopefully it can be.

Thank god we got a few more goals and although some around at the beamback were not to bothered about Bullards goal at 3-0, I was. We need goal difference to put us back up there and fortuntely that is what we got with the two extra goals.

Congratulations to the boys for a great derby win, it is great for morale and that we can watch from the sidelines the rest of the fixtures at the start of this weekend. But on the league table it just amounts to 3 points and an improvement on our goal difference. Time to put on the squeeze and make that 2nd position ours get another three points at home on Monday to put us in a strong position

I agree that while last night was unbelievable we still have to put in 3 good commited performances till the end of the season!

When you mention the atmos at the Forest you give me the impression you thought the atmos that night wasn''t good?

The atmos at the Forest game was terrific, anyone saying otherwise are well wide of the mark!

Good post. I have a slight concern that Mondays game might have an "after the lord mayors show" feel about it- i`ve experienced that kind of thing before after a huge game.

We need to keep the party rolling right through Mondays game and show our appreciation to our boys by getting right behind them. If the fans turn up expecting an easy win cos we thrashed 1p5wich, we`ll lose.

no not all, the atmosphere I hear some people saying was like the evening against Aston Villa in the 92/93 season. When Polston scored an amazing winner and Parker missed an absolute sitter to keep us in the Premiership race.

I believe the atmosphere has to be better than the Forest game. A first half lead and hopefully derby will begin to see this game has no bearing on their season.

Pompey is the game I worry about I would def. take a draw and a win at home against Cov. I hope that 7 points from 9 would be enough to see us in the top 2

But the beauty of football is that twists and turns will keep us guessing. We have done our bit last night, puts pressure on cardiff to try and bounce back for another consecutive week.

cardiff have some tough games and lets hope they are.

So the game against Derby is where we can really apply the pressure to others and show that we thrive under pressure. A loud full crowd on a sunny day and a performance that warrants another three points. There is no greater motivation than to push on from the feelings they will have had from the derby victory and to hear all our fans supporting them and thanking them for that win.

A reality check is indeed in order, 6 shots and 5 goals is not easy to repeat. look at what happened at Swansea.

I hope Lambert manages the expectations of the crowd before the game, all three games are winnable but all teams pose a threat. Patience is the key and the mentality of the players and the fans before the game is key.

HRH

mr carrow I agree and exactly is my point, we are not going to turn up anywhere and get a win.

I believe you have to warrant a victory with a performance, sometimes this season we have got the win without the performance, quite a skill. But this time we have to put in big performances and not assume anything. Put nothing down to chance and perform to deserve the right result.

To be honest if we play like wi did last night then its just a matter of cardiff dropping points somewhere because we played that well last night, it was like seeing a premier league club against a bottom of the championship team, and I can''t see any team beating us if we turn up in that kind of mood OTBC

The difference in class was there for all to see last night - much bigger than I ever imagined! Norwich go out to win every game but driving home last night I did wonder whatever happened at Swansea? No point in looking back unless you learn something, but somehow we weren''t good enough that day - even with massive support miles from home.

Based on what we saw against 1p5wich we can win all of the remaining fixtures. But football isn''t an exact science is it? The Cardiff vs QPR game is taking on a new level of relevance, I know that much!

I''m only worried about the Portsmouth game, and even then its only because we''re away from home. Win that and I think we will be the ones sitting in second before the last game.

Cardiff won''t get all 3 points today either.

My main concern is Grant''s injury. Commentators seemed to think he wasn''t fully recovered.We need him now more than ever.

Bumping this - still a lot to be done and there is a real risk that the players may struggle to repeat last night''s performance.  The good thing is we have an extra coupla days to recover.  Another good thing was the passion shown by the players on Twitter last night.  With that kind of spirit and feeling for the club and fans, Lambert must have a relatively easy task to get them going again.