Sign in to follow this  
Stretcharm

Daily Mail report

Felt I needed to join to post this as I couldn''t see anything about it elsewhere.

Can I just point out I am not a Daily Mail reader, I was just interested in reading the various reports about last night''s demolition of 1pswi5h.

Got to Daily Mail''s report and was horrified at the ratings and the MOM award.

Ipswich (4-1-4-1): Lee-Barrett 5; Edwards 5, McAuley 4, Delaney 5, O''Dea 5; Leadbitter 6; Carson 6, Norris 6, Bullard 7, Wickham 6; Scotland 6 (Drury 46min, 6).

Norwich (4-3-1-2): Ruddy 6; R Martin 6, Ward 6, Whitbread 6, Tierney 6; Crofts 6, Fox 6 (Lansbury 76), Surman 6; Hoolahan 7 (Pacheco 84); Jackson 6, Holt 6 (Vokes 82). Booked: Fox, Whitbread, Tierney.

Man of the match: Jimmy Bullard

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1379398/Ipswich-1-Norwich-5-Its-blue-murder-Canaries-second-Old-Farm-rout.html#ixzz1KENwuTob

Seriously, how can ONE Norwich player be given a 7 and everyone else be given 6, after we scored 5 goals away from home. Then to make matters worse, somehow, the idiot who wrote this piece gives the MOM to an 1pswi5h player just because he scored the best goal. If I had as many long shots as him in one game, one of mine would fly in eventually.

However, this won''t spoil what was the best night I can remember for a long, long time.

Reporter is clearly a binner! Bullard did have a decent game though, I''ll give him that!

Do these reports get proof read by higher authorities at newspapers? Surely somebody with half a brain could see it''s a ridiculous report!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I blame the asylum seekers[/quote]

[:D]

I''m really surprised that the Daily M**l  is capable of getting stuff completely wrong!!

This says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfV3OuN57Bk

(disclaimer - not for the easily offended or avid Daily Mail readers!)

I see the narrative under Surman goal pic says he scord with a tap in.

Thats crap for starters

Well I''m a Daily Mail reader and don''t mind admitting it although I do read The Times so that makes me reasonably right wing in my politics. Oh I can''t stand The Guardian but that only exists thanks to BBC Staff advertising. Hope that upsets the usual lefties

Anyhow, I digress, the Mail''s sports coverage has always been poor and that woman reporter is a joke and she surely couldn''t have been there.

BTW I listened to the recording of the R5 Live commentary and that was excellent and..... Mr Claridge was full of praise for the yellas

Henry Winter was far more complimentary in The Torygraph..."If Norwich are to keep the second automatic ticket to

ride the Premier League gravy-train, and Cardiff City and Reading will have

something to say about that, or rise via the play-offs, then Lambert’s

attractive side will be a delight to behold on the elite stage."http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/8467817/Ipswich-Town-1-Norwich-City-5-match-report.html

The Torygraph report was indeed better, but just look at this quality bit of journalism for their championship team of the year:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/8467076/The-10-best-footballers-in-the-Coca-Cola-Championship-in-pictures.html?image=7

Even the picture directly above disproves saying ''Surman stroked the ball into an empty net''- there''s four Ipswich players between him and the goal! Also interesting to hear of RussMart drifting in from the left to score. I knew he was all-action but playing on both sides of the pitch is something else.One thing I''m noticing generally is that most non-Norwich accounts have Ipswich down as having much more possession and many more attempts on goal. Whilst this isn''t an untruth, I think it goes a bit deeper than that. As one commentary pointed out (I think it was Claridge on 5) we were quite happy to let Ipswich have the ball, and when anything started looking dangerous we closed them out which restricted them to speculative shots. Fair enough, when you have a player like Bullard there is a chance that one might get scuffed into the top corner [;)] but we did the same thing to Forest for the most part so it isn''t just a fluke.

If you are looking for truth and accuracy you wouldn''t go to the Daily mail for it - it is just an appallingly bad paper written solely for bigots.

It is not a question of politics - The Times and Telegraph, for example, although right wing are no more inaccurate than the press as a whole. The Mail has few pretensions of being treated as a real newspaper and survives purely on a diet of prejudice that it feeds to its regulars and DVD offers that they use to bump up their circulation.

i expect nothing less from the daily fail or any other of the nationals. gave up on them long ago for any sort of news if you''re not interested in gossip n scandal in peoples private lives there is no point to them

the same daily mail who ran thishttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1113507/The-best-players-world-Xavi--Ronaldo-crowned-king-football.htmlapparently they consider xavi not to beone of the best players in the world, enough said about their football knowledge.

I was more concerned when I saw the Mail''s back page headline in the City earlier:

FERGIE WANTS WESLEY

Did a double take on that one...turns out it''s about some bloke called Wesley Schneider!!