Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

QPR NOT HAPPY WITH OUR RUN-IN

Got to say I actually agree with them but I am afraid only money talks in football and until somebody points this type of thing out to sky and bbc and take a stand then this type of thing will happen. What is making it even more unfair ( which even sky could not have forseen ) is the sheer heat that these teams will have to play in and then recover in 48 hours.

Of course the good thing is that these things usually go against us rather than for us. 

You can''t blame the fact we played on Thursday on sky or the bbc. It was solely a police decision in order to save money to avoid policing over the Bank Holiday. It is not right but in this instance it seems to have handed us a big advantage.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

Got to say I actually agree with them but I am afraid only money talks in football and until somebody points this type of thing out to sky and bbc and take a stand then this type of thing will happen. What is making it even more unfair ( which even sky could not have forseen ) is the sheer heat that these teams will have to play in and then recover in 48 hours.

Of course the good thing is that these things usually go against us rather than for us. 

[/quote]

Just as well they''re not playing in London or they''d have smog to contend with as well. The authorities have already issued a health warning not to exercise outside in the afternoon.

I had noticed this myself but by the strange double standard that exists over such things was quite happy about it. Had it have been Cardiff, however, I would have been livid.

QPR should realise that as it was an away fixture, we just had to turn up when told to by the FA. Well, they do realise that I expect, but they are still miffed. As it happens, with the great result we got it has been even more of an advantage, as the players must feel brilliant and be enjoying the Easter weekend.

[quote user="Jacko"]

You can''t blame the fact we played on Thursday on sky or the bbc. It was solely a police decision in order to save money to avoid policing over the Bank Holiday. It is not right but in this instance it seems to have handed us a big advantage.

[/quote]

Good point.

One thing I have wondered however is that are the English wanting us to go up or will they be happy to get rid of Cardiff ?

Also be interesting on Monday as Savage will clearly be given the job of marking Hoolahoops a job he did successfully on Tab the rat  on Monday. However due to the abuse he received from Cardiff fans about his commitment to Wales is this likely to help or hinder us ?. I hope he does not get any stick until we find out as giving him stick will motivate him if he has decided to get his Cardiff revenge.  

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

Good point.

One thing I have wondered however is that are the English wanting us to go up or will they be happy to get rid of Cardiff ?

Also be interesting on Monday as Savage will clearly be given the job of marking Hoolahoops a job he did successfully on Tab the rat  on Monday. However due to the abuse he received from Cardiff fans about his commitment to Wales is this likely to help or hinder us ?. I hope he does not get any stick until we find out as giving him stick will motivate him if he has decided to get his Cardiff revenge.  

[/quote]

Interesting that the QPR fans are so worried given their points buffer.

Got to be honest that the Thursday game timing has proved to be a big advantage, although if we hadn''t got the result I don''t think the other teams would mind !

Savage was surprisingly ineffective against us at Pride Park.  Providing Hoolahan gets decent protection from the ref on Monday I think he''ll be ok.  Plus Savage will be playing tomorrow.

I urge people to applaud Savage and not boo him. he won''t know how to react. Plus he''ll be nice about us on 5Live. It may count in our favour by confusing him if we all clap him.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]I urge people to applaud Savage and not boo him. he won''t know how to react. Plus he''ll be nice about us on 5Live. It may count in our favour by confusing him if we all clap him.[/quote]

I have to agree. The abuse he suffered at Cardiff was such that it clearly took Savage by surprise as he spoke about it on Five Live saying that he had to work really hard not to have a go back. He then scored a penalty - it was the same day as the Rooney swearing debacle.I have to say for somebodies game like Savage that relies on 90 minutes of sheer hard work todays heat should take some of his game away Monday.

He does strike me as to professional though ( unfortunately ) to get his revenge on Cardiff by letting us win

Savage did a good job at QPR but he was up against a very good player who I don''t believe has the mental strength of our very good players. Against us it could be Robbie boy getting frustrated so while I can see the sense in my friend Muddy''s cunning plan I think that it''s our duty to increase Robbies frustration by winding him up mercilessly[Y]

See a poster called Foggo has made the point on the QPR board that we played away to Swansea then Watford then at home to Forest within just six days so I guess the answer to the question "how is it fair" is that it evens itself out over the season