Sign in to follow this  
Heresyourfathersgun

A Message to Ipswich Town Football Club

There is a serious point behind tonight''s drubbing.

To achieve what we have done in 20 months, you have to do what we have done, to walk where we have been.

No amount of money can cure the sickness in your club that is the belief that you are still an important team with a ''right'' to a higher status.

You must face the prospect of total collapse before you can build a desire and spirit of togetherness from which comes solidarity and the chance to succeed. You have seen that tonight in the faces of those that destroyed you.

You have not walked that road of despair or been where we have been.

Tonight you took the first steps..............

TWTD muppets have been quoting how it took a home defeat humiliation (1-7 in our case) to turn our fortunes around. They''ve got to cling to something tonight I suppose!

A message for Ipswich town football club : -You''re Sh*t and we wont be playing you again for years... enjoy looking up at us in the premiership and thinking "if only...."

It is still Cardiff''s to lose, and with Reading coming up expertly I wouldn''t be so confident of automatics.Btw, your relegation to League 1 hasn''t been the inspiration for your success. It is pretty obvious you have got a group of fairly average players who are being masterminded and turned into a top team by one pivotal figure. Don''t count your chickens before they''ve hatched dear boys.

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]It is still Cardiff''s to lose, and with Reading coming up expertly I wouldn''t be so confident of automatics.Btw, your relegation to League 1 hasn''t been the inspiration for your success. It is pretty obvious you have got a group of fairly average players who are being masterminded and turned into a top team by one pivotal figure. Don''t count your chickens before they''ve hatched dear boys.

[/quote]Lol, bitter much?

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]It is still Cardiff''s to lose, and with Reading coming up expertly I wouldn''t be so confident of automatics.Btw, your relegation to League 1 hasn''t been the inspiration for your success. It is pretty obvious you have got a group of fairly average players who are being masterminded and turned into a top team by one pivotal figure. Don''t count your chickens before they''ve hatched dear boys.

[/quote]give up and go away! we have put 9 goals past you in 2 games now.... NINE GOALS!we wont be playing you again next season, or the season after...and relegation to league 1 was the best thing to have happened to this football club.... you wouldn''t know through not being a fan.and we might have average players, but man for man they are all better than anything you have got...Enjoy watching us in the premiership for years to come binner.. by the time our paths next cross you will be so insignificant we won''t even remember who Ipswich Town are...4-1, 5-1, in fact lets get you in the cup next season and do you 6-1 shall we?

I''m not bitter what-so-ever. You outplayed us on and off the ball with superior organisation and some very good football at times, but I just feel you are all getting quite excited for what could be another year with us.Just remember it was us singing ''We''ll never play you again'' not long ago, football is a funny game.

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]I''m not bitter what-so-ever. You outplayed us on and off the ball with superior organisation and some very good football at times, but I just feel you are all getting quite excited for what could be another year with us.Just remember it was us singing ''We''ll never play you again'' not long ago, football is a funny game.[/quote]9-2 WE BEAT THE SCUM 9-2!

What''s all the ''dear boy'' sh*t? Have you been reading too much Oscar Wilde, Algernon Moncrieff ?

Go away binner no one gives a f*ck about ya.

1p5wich  ... love it

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]didn''t realise aggregate counted in the league dear boy?[/quote]It doesn''t.  That''s why we took six points off you, not three.

[/quote]Binner or not, bitter or not- this is all very true.Relegation to L1 made the club restructure at the top and get it''s business right.Lambert has taken a group of decent players and made them greater than the sum of their parts through hard work ethic and instilling a sense of belief- all in keeping with the men now at the top of the board.In terms of talent I think 1p5wich have some players who could add to any team- Bullard and Edwards spring to mind but I will take a lesser talent with our attitude please!

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]It is still Cardiff''s to lose, and with Reading coming up expertly I wouldn''t be so confident of automatics.

Btw, your relegation to League 1 hasn''t been the inspiration for your success. It is pretty obvious you have got a group of fairly average players who are being masterminded and turned into a top team by one pivotal figure.

Don''t count your chickens before they''ve hatched dear boys.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t worry about us if I was you. You should read the opening post and digest it properly. I don''t want to take anything away from paul Lambert and our team but you were poor. Worse than poor. You had no spine, no passion, your players had no respect for your fans and didn''t give a toss about the humiliation. When we scored the 5th any one of our team could have scored it. Your players didn''t care. You''d managed to get together a few thousand glory boys to go with your usual pitiful support and your players just downed tools in front of them.

Surprisingly, as well as no spine and passion your team had feck all invention and ability. You have one player who can shoot and that''s it. That one player doesn''t even belong to you. Just read the opening post one more time but this time take it in.

I''m sorry fellow yellows but the man / boy is right. Others have to slip up for us to go up and thats a hard fact. I''m counting on todays games as a big answer to whats going to happen.

Yep , it was a great game last night and i was lucky enough to be there but it''s not over untill the points are in the bag.

[quote user="Cambridge yellow"]

I''m sorry fellow yellows but the man / boy is right. Others have to slip up for us to go up and thats a hard fact. I''m counting on todays games as a big answer to whats going to happen.

Yep , it was a great game last night and i was lucky enough to be there but it''s not over untill the points are in the bag.

[/quote]True that but at least we''ve given ourselves a wonderful chance.

So what Cambridge yellow? That has no relevance to this thread or the opening post. It''s just the binner way of changing the subject.

As it goes we have done our bit. If Cardiff get back above us then they''ll have done theirs. That however, won''t detract anything from our pride in our team.

[quote user="Cambridge yellow"]

[/quote]Yes, we all know the facts, we''re not stupid.Its the delivery of them to try and deflect from a good whupping thats lame though.

A simplistic view with the error of under estimating what makes a true team. Lambert knows how to construct, organize and motivate group of players and fans alike.

There''s nothing average about any of the squad, Lansbury and Pacheco were on the bench remember, and both would walk into your side.

HRH

Sometimes you have to go backwards, to change direction before moving forward. We have done that. There is no guarantee in football, but progress only comes from belief.

An example in this is that a binner friend of mine this morning still mentioned that they had won in Europe - 30 years ago and before many of today''s supporters were born.

Living on past glories breeds false hope. Look forwards, not backwards. In the words of Paul Lambert (Champions League Winner) "I only worry about the next game."

His attitude, his reluctance to refer to his past glories, his fear of defeat is what spurs us on; not some sense that we deserve it.

Ipswich fail to see it that way.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cambridge yellow"]

[/quote]

Yes, we all know the facts, we''re not stupid.

Its the delivery of them to try and deflect from a good whupping thats lame though.
[/quote]

Sorry, i''m not for a minute suggesting that you are , it''s me i suppose. I''m just getting the jitters more than normal as it''s so tight at the top and we''re so close.

A good whippin is what they got all right ,[:D]