Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Policing

NCISA is intending to make a submission to the club about last night''s policing fiasco. If anyone would like to provide information on their experiences could they email us at contact@ncisa.co.uk. Thanks.

Under a thread on here ( I cant remember its name ) there are recordings posted by Ipswich supporters themselves. To back up the stories I would suggest they are sent as well 

Glad to hear this - could I direct you to my post and that of Brentwood Canary under the thread ''Before the game'', am happy for you to copy any of my post - I''ve already emailed NCFC to complain about the most shambolic Policing and Stewarding I have ever encountered.

Robin can you text me your mobile number on 0771 421 6616.? If i enter into this on here it will turn into 20 pages and get taken off topic by the usual suspects but i have some points to raise.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/mb.php?m=v&t=119295#119295

Hey guys, I wasn''t there but I found this thread when I was trolling TWTD this morning...

Not much there but a couple of youtube vids - not very long ones of the scummers starting trouble.

Hope that helps.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Robin can you text me your mobile number on 0771 421 6616.? If i enter into this on here it will turn into 20 pages and get taken off topic by the usual suspects but i have some points to raise.[/quote]

If you don''t hear from Robin give me a call John.

Thanks for everyone so far, I''ve also had some bits from Town fans. It seems that this is one issue we''re united on!

Oh go on mr tilson, please

I cant believe the Ipswich plod let them all congregate, In the old days a few truncheons drawn and a couple of slaps around the arms and legs and they would have soon dispersed far to namby pamby,to many risk assessments and human rights carp I say ! and what good is cs gas if you cant use it

We missed the first 20 minutes, police told us kick off was delayed! absolute joke...... below is a video of there top quality policing!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5xFkqND0pQ

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"]We missed the first 20 minutes, police told us kick off was delayed! absolute joke...... below is a video of there top quality policing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5xFkqND0pQ

[/quote]

Their policing has always been c**p, not sure why anyone''s so shocked.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Robin can you text me your mobile number on 0771 421 6616.? If i enter into this on here it will turn into 20 pages and get taken off topic by the usual suspects but i have some points to raise.[/quote]

If you don''t hear from Robin give me a call John.

[/quote]

Have sent it mate!

After the game I couldn''t understand why the Police didn''t use their horses to disperse the home crowd who had congregated at the station? I didn''t even want to catch a train - simply wanted to walk back to my car. Had the Police taken action sooner, we could all have been home an hour or so earlier.

Other than that, everything seemed fine to me.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

After the game I couldn''t understand why the Police didn''t use their horses to disperse the home crowd who had congregated at the station? I didn''t even want to catch a train - simply wanted to walk back to my car. Had the Police taken action sooner, we could all have been home an hour or so earlier.

Other than that, everything seemed fine to me.

[/quote]

Not sure turnng left at the station was a good idea, me and my mate walked right into them! few kicks later we got out of there!

As a Norwich fan who sat amongst the Town Supporters during the game I was able to see the shameful events unfold before and after the game and I have to say that out of all of the Derby games I have been to before, this one definitely had the most hostile and aggressive atmosphere outside of the stadium. While the Police didn''t exactly cover themselves in glory with how they policed on the night the buffoons trying to cause chaos outside the ground should be banned from football. At around 6:45pm 200 odd Town fans (most of them teenagers) gathered on the path near the away end to hurl abuse at Norwich fans including women and children on their way to the stand, this was very much the norm for derby day but as kick of time drew nearer I noticed that their were 1000s of Town fans (mostly full grown men not kids) still waiting outside the Cobbald stand for more Norwich fans to come, as the Norwich fans who had been drinking at Station hotel started to approach the ground the atmosphere turned even more hostile as the 1000 or so thugs waiting for the Norwich fans to come started to slowly push their way towards the pack of Norwich fans. At one point the Town fans were actually making the thin line of police walk backwards instead of the other way around. At this point the game was literally about to kick off so I just went to my seat in the south stand and somehow those Norwich fan eventually got into the ground. As I had expected after the match a 100 or so Town fan waited by the stadium , it was mostly teenagers and a few police officers told them to be on their way which they reluctantly obliged. However a little bit further down the road (between stadium and station) around 300+ idiotic thugs had gathered and started singing anti Norwich songs and even had the cheek to start chants up about Ipswich being the pride of Anglia after their side had just been humiliated by Norwich. It must have been a good half an hour before the police made any effort at all to try and move them on their way, when they eventually did by bringing in the police horses it did manage to make the crowd move along, the pack of Town fans soon retrated to the top of the road by the station, at this point I thought the Police would have carried on pushing them back to make a clear path to the station but instead just stood their ground just outside the stadium allowing a clear gap of about 100 or so yards between themselves and the Town fans, it didn''t take long before one bright spark gathered his troops up again to make a dash back towards the old bill, so they did and as they made a charge towards the line of Police I heard many of them shouting "come on lets ****ing do em, stand your ground". Another brief stand of between thugs and Police started with plenty of yelling and aggressive behavior. Slowly put surely the line of police horses pushed the Town fans back up the road to outside the train station, from here they allowed them to block the station for a good 20 minutes before pushing them back once again by coming from the side, eventually they cleared them all away from the station but by this time it was 11:45 and I noticed some Norwich fans finally getting into the station. The Ipswich fans causeing chaos on the roads had held the traffic up for a good hour or more and their were cars at a stand still for as far as I could see.So I think it''s safe to say we wont see another evening derby game for some time thanks to those morons outside the ground who wanted nothing more than to cause trouble. In Ipswich''s defence I don''t think their were many genuine Town fans outside the ground, just idiotic thugs who have probably only been to this 1 game all season, they didn''t seem at all bothered by the result.

Thanks for everyone''s input. I have exchanged emails with David McNally this morning and he has confirmed that the club will be making an official complaint on behalf of the fans.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Thanks for everyone''s input. I have exchanged emails with David McNally this morning and he has confirmed that the club will be making an official complaint on behalf of the fans.[/quote]Looks like our new Supporters Club is going to be more like it!   [Y]

Wembley,

I was at the beamback at FCR so missed all this stuff. Certainly seems different from last four years games at Ipswich when I have walked from the West End Road car park to the ground wearing colours and had zero problems.

From your report, if it was as late as 11.45 (or even 10.45) by the time City fans got to the station surely they had missed the trains home? I thought there was a ''special'' at 10.20?  There was nothing on the news or even on this board about the fans missing their trains so I wonder what happened?? 

I think 11.45 must have been a typo as I think it was about 10.45 by the time I got to the station.Ridiculous amount of time for the plod to march us such a short distance. Count ourselves lucky it wasn''t raining or we''d have been drenched. Someone near me was having difficulty in just being stuck there on their feet for so long.Pathetic policing.  

Well done NCISA for taking the time, as a whole, to collect everyone''s opinions (not just members) to pass onto the Club as a collective - which has surely had more impact than if I had emailed the Club seperately with my own opinions.

Could I suggest that you tread carefully, or the law of unintended consequences could kick in.

The police (together with ITFC) originally scheduled this game for Friday afternoon - bank holiday, lots of lovely overtime etc.  Having an evening kickoff was a bit of an experiment, and if we moan too much they could use it as an excuse to revert to Sunday lunchtime, is that really what we want? 

As is the way with experiments, there are lessons to be learned.  It might be best to approach it in that light, instead of just whingeing about how useless the police were.  For instance, would an 8.00 kickoff time have been better, giving people more time to get there after work?

Just a thought, and I wish you a successful outcome.

The best thing would have been leaving it at 3pm on the Saturday as was the original date.

Exactly Harry, playing the game on Saturday at 3pm would of been less hassle than Thursday night, although I''m not complaining after the great result!

The very reason why games are moved from Saturdays to Sundays is reduce the chances of trouble. Moving to a night game on the last Thursday before Easter would not achieve this aim , indeed it would be the complete opposite!

Other posters are right in telling fans to not moan to much because a Derby night time game is far better than a Sunday lunchtime which for me absolutely kills the game!

what a bunch of fooking fanny merchants you lot are. would you like the local plod to supply you with a stannah stairlift from the station to your seats in the ground. so you dont have to come face to face with the bad people who make you late for you first class seat on your little choo choo.happy clappy fans from a happy clappy club. the sooner you lot join the rest of the sterile clubs in the premiership the better.footballs not about sitting in your seats while the dj plays music to let you know you have scored. when you get promoted go on the pitch and celebrate in style..... oh no..... i forgot its Norwich and you will sit in your seats and clap like demented seals. hopefully west ham and wolves will get relegated and Norwich, QPR and Reading will get promoted. eeal grounds with real supporters instead of middle class happy clappers.

Enjoying your team''s annual choke, are you?

Hopefully there''ll be more black players in the Championship for piggy eyed morons like you to make monkey noises at. Keep wishing and maybe the 70s will return, just like any relevance that your racist, recidivist, pustulating boil of a club ever had.

This coming from the fan of a club that quite often has 15,000 empty seats in its ground and has a fair % of s cummy neanderthal fans that still think they are in 1978 and going to a footy match is all about hitting someone walking past them whos not looking for trouble and gobbing on a child!

Theirs many things you can accuse Norwich City FC off, but being sterile and full of happy clappers is wide of the mark!

[quote user="norwichwhite"]what a bunch of fooking fanny merchants you lot are. would you like the local plod to supply you with a stannah stairlift from the station to your seats in the ground. so you dont have to come face to face with the bad people who make you late for you first class seat on your little choo choo.happy clappy fans from a happy clappy club. the sooner you lot join the rest of the sterile clubs in the premiership the better.footballs not about sitting in your seats while the dj plays music to let you know you have scored. when you get promoted go on the pitch and celebrate in style..... oh no..... i forgot its Norwich and you will sit in your seats and clap like demented seals. hopefully west ham and wolves will get relegated and Norwich, QPR and Reading will get promoted. eeal grounds with real supporters instead of middle class happy clappers.[/quote]Sh*t policing makes tonnes of fans 20 minutes late for a game and he comes out with.... that? Though on the subject of Reading and QPR, I''m sure they have more in common with you lot than us. Our ground is full every week sonny.

[quote user="norwichwhite"]what a bunch of fooking fanny merchants you lot are.
would you like the local plod to supply you with a stannah stairlift from the station to your seats in the ground. so you dont have to come face to face with the bad people who make you late for you first class seat on your little choo choo.

happy clappy fans from a happy clappy club. the sooner you lot join the rest of the sterile clubs in the premiership the better.

footballs not about sitting in your seats while the dj plays music to let you know you have scored.

when you get promoted go on the pitch and celebrate in style..... oh no..... i forgot its Norwich and you will sit in your seats and clap like demented seals.

hopefully west ham and wolves will get relegated and Norwich, QPR and Reading will get promoted. eeal grounds with real supporters instead of middle class happy clappers.
[/quote]

At least we can get promoted unlike that shower you support.