Sign in to follow this  
Alejandra

Simeon Jackson in a city shirt

Is it fair to say after what was a bit of a troubled start where he looked  low in confidence and took time to settle, along with and a few heckles in the crowd that must of got to him that he has now won over the fans?  It was pointed out by the manager that he got some unfair criticism at timesNo one ever really had too much bad to say about him on here, but a few people did wonder if he could do a job for the club, and would he ever produce and show that something about him that Lambert saw when he signed himI''m only asking this because for the last 4 or 5 games I''m not seeing a Simeon Jackson I saw at the start at the season, I''m seeing someone who looks like a fresh new signing who''s now enjoying himself with a belief he will now score every single game (he was unlucky not to have that goal allowed against Forest) he''s lively, he causes havoc, he seems quicker, sharper, and deserves to be starting games nowIt''s safe to say, yep, he''s definitely won me over!Just wondering how many feel the same

To be fair he had a flase dawn at the start of the season when he scored twice against Bristol City but then never really built on that. However these lat few games he has been a revelation, the shift he now puts in when Norwich don''t have the ball is phenomanal.

As one of the guys on 5 live said (possibly Claridge) Jackson has changed his game a lot from how he played for Gillingham. There he was a poacher and wasn''t really expecting to do anything other than score, a bit like Earnshaw when he played for us.

Lambert doesn''t seem to have any time for a player that can only do that, for our system everyone has to contribute at all times with and without the ball. You can see it too with the change in other players, Hoolahan works much harder when the opposition has the ball, and R.Martin''s now playing in a similar role to Ramos for Spain basically playing both RB and RW. Not bad for someone who looked like they shouldn''t be playing at all for large parts of last season.

I think it''s just taken Jackson a long time to adjust. Fair play to him though, I thought we''d be looking to move him on in the summer, but now he looks like one of our brightest prospects.

[quote user="Mahogany"]As one of the guys on 5 live said (possibly Claridge) Jackson has changed his game a lot from how he played for Gillingham. There he was a poacher and wasn''t really expecting to do anything other than score, a bit like Earnshaw when he played for us.

Lambert doesn''t seem to have any time for a player that can only do that, for our system everyone has to contribute at all times with and without the ball. You can see it too with the change in other players, Hoolahan works much harder when the opposition has the ball, and R.Martin''s now playing in a similar role to Ramos for Spain basically playing both RB and RW. Not bad for someone who looked like they shouldn''t be playing at all for large parts of last season.

I think it''s just taken Jackson a long time to adjust. Fair play to him though, I thought we''d be looking to move him on in the summer, but now he looks like one of our brightest prospects.[/quote]yeah I''d agree with that!

I agree with two posts above however as far as i''m concerned there was NEVER a spell where Russell Martin shouldn''t have been playing. He''s been absoloutely immense for us since joining and in his time i''d say he''s had one maybe two bad games.

The irony is that if we had signed CMS, Jackson would still be sitting on the bench and we would probably not be in this position in the League.  

The thing with a lot of strikers is confidence from playing and scoring. Once he got that hat trick against Scunthorpe he''s looked a different player, you can see the confidence in him.

I loved his pose after he scored the 2nd in front of the South stand