Sign in to follow this  
yoda

If we do manage to get promoted

Would it be sweeter than in 2003 /04 ? Thinking back we had been stuck in the championship for several years so finally getting out of it was great but on the other hand this current team were not given a chance before the season started so it could be said to be a bigger achievement .

I think it would be sweeter yes, I still don''t think people are taking us seriously, so if Lambert manages to take us from the bottom of League 1 to the Premiership with back to back promotions, it would be amazing!

[quote user="alysha"]I think it would be sweeter yes, I still don''t think people are taking us seriously, so if Lambert manages to take us from the bottom of League 1 to the Premiership with back to back promotions, it would be amazing![/quote]Totally agree.I think you have to say, given the circumstances, that back-to-back promotions would probably go down as one of the club''s greatest ever achievements.  As excellent as 2003-04 was, you could not have dreamt such a scenario would be even slightly possible in August 2009, whereas in 2004 we''d built a very solid team over a few years, with plenty of stability and then added a bit of class which made all the difference.