Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

So who gets dropped now?

Vokes will play along side Holt I am to assume and who does the Filipino boxer replace? I still think Lansbury could do a job up front with Holt he doesn''t mind being pushed around. Surman on the bench? Hmm man nice depth we have now with the addition of those 2.

Vokes would be a back up for Holt, i should think.

Macheco, seems very similar to Hooly, at 5'' 6", plays left sided attack, or free role off, or behind the strikers.

Certainly more attacking options, and more competition for places now.

Get a chance to see Macheco tonight online in France v Spain under 21''s.

Have they not been signed as cover for Holt and Hoolahan ? not really sure as Wilbraham did finish up playing with Holt so maybe Lambert liked to big guys up front. Cant beleive we are going to play Wes and Dani together, but Lambert has in the past come up with strange systems. Likewise I cant see he will drop wes.

As I see it Vokes will be cover for Holt or come off the bench and Pacheco will play alongside Holty up front so:

Fox

Crofts                             Surman

Hoolahan

Holt                 Pacheco

Jackson therefore will get dropped. If Pacheco is as good as we hope he is then our midfield/attack has so much movement/fluidity about it!

I''m betting that it is the same team as the last two games with the one change of Vokes for Jackson.   The balance is good and times are too serious to tinker.

I think that Pacheco will join Lansbury and hopefully Martin on the bench giving us options when chasing a game which will terrify most opponents.

The losers will be Jackson and McNamee who will disappear out of the squad altogether.

A bit late to start tinkering with the diamond, Vokes and Pacheco on bench unless Wilby is injured.  What to happen with Jackson on bench or left out altogether?

[quote user="Muddy funster"]How about Wes and Holty up front with Pacheco at the front of the diamond???[/quote]I know i have a good idea lets move the player that has made our team tick all season and play him out of postion, isolated up front.                           RuddyR.Martin     Ward    Whitbread      Tierney                          Fox              Croft             Lansbury                      Hoolihan                                                                      Pacheco                     Holt

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I''m betting that it is the same team as the last two games with the one change of Vokes for Jackson.   The balance is good and times are too serious to tinker.

I think that Pacheco will join Lansbury and hopefully Martin on the bench giving us options when chasing a game which will terrify most opponents.

The losers will be Jackson and McNamee who will disappear out of the squad altogether.

[/quote]I agree with everything said here.

I would expect Dani to play alongside Holt in the diamond formation. Away from home with our 5 man midfield, he may start off on the subs bench and be an option to bring on. Lambert is one for players earning the right to get in the team and to stay in the team so he won''t drop players from the starting XI who have earned the right to stay there. Jackson probably hasn''t earned that right to start, hence Dani could replace him, but Jackson doesn''t play in the 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 whatever you call it and i can''t see any of that side being dropped straight away for the new boys.

We''ll stick with the 4-1-2-1-2.

Horrible decision for Lambert to be honest!

I think he''ll go with:

Ruddy

R.Martin Whitbread Ward Tierney

Fox

Crofts Surman

Wes

Holt Vokes

Bench: Rudd, Edwards, Lappin, Smith, Lansbury, Jackson + Pacheco

I think we''ll use Holt and Vokes to bully the Scunthorpe defence. Then after an hour or so Pacheco will come on and run riot. With Lansbury''s ''knock'' i think he''ll only be fit for the bench..But that midfield has been doing superbly, it''s tough when you only play with 4 in midfield at home. When we go away to Swansea we''ll probably take Vokes out and slot Lansbury in.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Muddy funster"]How about Wes and Holty up front with Pacheco at the front of the diamond???[/quote]I know i have a good idea lets move the player that has made our team tick all season and play him out of postion, isolated up front.                           RuddyR.Martin     Ward    Whitbread      Tierney                          Fox              Croft             Lansbury                      Hoolihan                                                                      Pacheco                     Holt[/quote]I''d go with this. Then bring Vokes on as an extra targetman if Plan A isn''t working.

Actually, I''d go for that. Lansbury can replace Wes or Pacheco if they are tiring, drifting out of the game, defender out for Vokes if we''re chasing the game!

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]                           RuddyR.Martin     Ward    Whitbread      Tierney                          Fox              Croft             Lansbury                      Hoolihan                                                                      Pacheco                     Holt[/quote]I''d go with this. Then bring Vokes on as an extra targetman if Plan A isn''t working.[/quote]Seconded, Pacheco should fit in perfectly alonside Holt, not sure why people are putting Volks in ahead of him.We could always put both on and go 4-3-3 [;)]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]NCFC4LIFE - Wes Played up front recently for us if you remember correctly - but nice use of sarcasm.[/quote]He played just off Holt, with GH up front on his own Hoolihan is not a striker and never will be!!

Seems Wilbraham must be more injured than suspected - backs tend to go when one is getting on, apparently - with Vokes role as target man for route one options 3 mins after the 90 are up.  Must be some line there about spokes, but cant think of it just now.  With El Assassin feeding off Holt from the start, doing what Jackson/CMS was meant to do all the way along.  McNamee has been a loser for some time now, have to wonder a bit about Chrissy Martin?...

The fans will want Ruddy, Martin, Ward, Whitbread, Tierney, Fox, Surman, Crofts, Hoolahan, Holt & PACHECO

Lambert will play Ruddy, Martin, Ward, Whitbread, Tierney, Fox, Surman, Crofts, Hoolahan, Holt & VOKES ... with the Spaniard to run against tired legs after 70 minutes.

If Pacheco is Fringe Liverpool A squad he has to be able to play for us I understand maybe not a start for the first game but bring him on after 60 mins. Have Lansbury play for Surman replace Lansbury with him and next game play both of them in the midfield.

[quote user="shefcanary"]I think Pacheco is cover for Wes actually, just in case the worst should happen - discuss?[/quote]

I have mentioned this point several times as lots of people seem to think Pacheco is a striker. He is a midfielder who plays exactly the same as Wes other than he will not chase back or make a tackle - that is not meant in a negative way that just what he is and I am sure he will be brought on anytime we are chasing a game or if Wes runs out of steam or gets injured. Likewise I also think Volkes is cover for Holt although because of other injuries he may find himself in. Sort of player however Nelson loves playing against.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="shefcanary"]I think Pacheco is cover for Wes actually, just in case the worst should happen - discuss?[/quote]

I have mentioned this point several times as lots of people seem to think Pacheco is a striker. He is a midfielder who plays exactly the same as Wes other than he will not chase back or make a tackle - that is not meant in a negative way that just what he is and I am sure he will be brought on anytime we are chasing a game or if Wes runs out of steam or gets injured. Likewise I also think Volkes is cover for Holt although because of other injuries he may find himself in. Sort of player however Nelson loves playing against.

[/quote]

Liverpool will not be loaning us a player to act as "cover" for Hoolahan. Reports suggest Pacheco can play as either a second striker or an attacking midfielder. I think he will partner Holt. i would be amazed if (knowing Michael Nelson and his strengths and weaknesses) we started with Vokes and Holt against Scunthorpe.

[quote user="shefcanary"]I think Pacheco is cover for Wes actually, just in case the worst should happen - discuss?[/quote]I don''t think he''d come here if he thought he''d be warming the bench, waiting for Wes to be crocked. He''s come here to get games and I expect him to start against Scunthorpe, Liverpool have him down as a forward and I imagine thats where he will play. However if Lambert wants to accomodate both loanees then I imagine he may well play in an attacking midfield role with Volks up front.All will be revealed I guess, both may start on the bench for all I know...

id be shocked if it isnt pacheco and holt up front next game. liverpool wouldnt let him come here to sit on the bench. plus hes a more natural partner for holt than vokes who is a similar mould. its great to have vokes tho as some quality back up to holt if he gets injured/suspended. our squad depth really is superb for the run in, so many different options to call upon. i certainly believe our rivals will be casting jealous eyes over us for getting pacheco in

Take the point about Liverpool not letting him go to sit on the bench, but equally I''d suggest that Lambert is not going to be dictated to by such terms. I''d expect it to be Vokes up front with Holt against Scunny, with Pacheco on the bench.

All this speculation just confirms for me what a good decision it was by Lambert to bring these two guys in, especially Pacheco, who looks like such an exciting prospect and was totally out of the blue as a signing.

Obviously things are going well anyway, but it''s a great time of year to freshen things up, create a bit of competition for places and stoke up the feel-good factor.

I was never convinced by the ''we''re second, we don''t need to strengthen'' argument. Every time you have an opportunity to strengthen, you should, and it''s great that PL has done it.

(The fact that Bly and Wiz both look a bit foolish is just the icing on the cake)

One of the new guys will play alongside Holt the other being on the bench. If Willbraham is injured then it will mean Martin and Jackson probably fighting for 1 place on the bench. I cannot see Lambert getting the new guys in if they are not going to feature regularly

I can''t see Vokes and Holt up top together, don''t think it will work. Maybe Martin or Wilbraham''s injury are worse then we thought.

Completely agree though, you should always be looking to improve the team, it can only ever be a good thing.

I have to admit I am more excited by Pacheco then Vokes, Vokes just looks like he has had too many clubs already in his short career to be 100% commited to the course. Hope he proves me wrong and I will give him a chance.

OTBC

They''ll both be on the bench at least which gives us more attacking options as we have to go for it now and as we''ve seen from Lambert and other successful managers the more attackers the better and and that is the 1st form of defence!

I''ve heard quite a lot of people saying Wilbraham is out for season, if that is the case then my team for Scunny is:

Ruddy

R Martin   Ward   Whitbread   Tierney

Fox   Crofts

Pacheco   Hoolahan   Surman

Holt

Subs: Rudd, Edwards, Drury, Smith, Lappin, Vokes, Jackson