Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Will Greeno go even at the end of the season ?

Personally I doubt it, we all know what a great keeper Robert is but the vibes I pick up from the bigger clubs is that they would look elsewhre, especially if £3m is the asking price.  Mibblesboro seem to be the most likely takers, I can''t see Arsenal or Man U taking on a very promising young 24 yr old as first team keeper, if not who else will pay the money.

Greeno will stay beyond next season.

It seems more and more likely that he will stay beyond this season as the big clubs seem to want much more experience (24 is very young for a keeper). That said the interest in scott carson doesn''t add weight to this argument.

My worry is that we get relgated and a secure prem club comes in for Greeno - we wouldn''t be able to turn down the cash and he woudl probably want to further his career and maybe move further up the pecking order from there.

:

Absolutely.  100%.  Even if we stay up or not.  If you look at it from his potential suitors point of view, he''s only going to get better.  Particularly if we do stay up.  Look how much he''s got better in the last couple of years.  If we stay up we''d probably take £4/5M for greeno in the summer.  If we went down we''d probably take £3M.  If clubs waited longer, the asking price could rise much more

Mark Schwatzer has signed a new contract at Boro (well, agreed to it), so good news.

If Man utd, and the Arse fail to sign a keeper in the summer, then i think Greeno might leave.

7m would do.

I think that if we are still prem league Greeno will stay unless tempted by a serious prem club - top 6 or in europe and promises of being first choice. Otherwise he can stay here and keep his profile high.

Unfortunately I cannot see him staying if we get relegated - the bloke is too good for the championship and if he wants to be pushing for an england place he HAS to be in the prem. If we go down he has my blessing to move and if we can get £3m then its an excellent deal all round. Personally I dont think we would get that much for him if relegated.

OTBC

It depends if we go down and another club then comes in for him as I feel that Green will probably consider to himself that he does not want his career to stagnate and become an outcast on the international scene.  If he left good luck to him and we have adequate replacements.