Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Sam Vokes of Wolves and Dani Pacheco of Liverpool join on loan

Im delighted about these players they wanted to be at the club and that in itself is a good thing especially excited about Pacheco as he is rated highly as prospect for the future and also with Lambert being able to get the best from players. Im hoping that this has the effect of giving the whole team a lift for the remaining 8 games. £50 to Help for Heroes please. 

£50 to Help the Aged please or just give it straight to 1st Wiz - where is he by the way ? Is he OK ?

[quote user="paulo79"]He''s fine just doesnt come on here anymore, is on another forum[/quote]

He''ll be back, he always misses us after a month away [:)]

Lambert said that he wouldn’t bring in any players for the sake of it, so therefore I think we can trust him that these players are going to add quality to the team (unless he''s just brought them in to keep all the moaners happy!). Before we were moaning that we needed an extra striker, now we have two. What’s the worst that could happen? We find out that the players don’t quite click with the team or they actually aren’t that good, and we have to revert back to the team that has so far got us up to second. I would rather have these two than CMS, at least we have more money in the bank for summer transfers, and if they turn out to be rubbish, at least we don’t have to sign them permanently.

I was giving up hope about any signing before the window closes and now we have two! Brilliant. Thought that Swansea had done well to get Borini in, but Pacheco is a year older and a Spanish U21!

I''ve always liked Vokes, but thought he''d go back to Sheffield Utd. Very pleased that we have the security against injuries now and am really looking forward to the final 8 games. Well done Lambert and all the others involved! OTBC!

So pleased about these signings, seems to me that they will both be excellent additions to our squad. I''ve been keeping my fingers crossed for weeks now that Holt didn''t pick up a knock, and it says something about his fitness that he''s played with such all-out commitment and managed to avoid any injuries. However, with other strikers injured or a bit off the pace, we would have been very vulnerable going into the run-in with no back-up, and now we have two extra strikers! I think this is a canny and clever move by PL and I can''t wait for the Scunthorpe game. OTBC!

Does everyone remember the last time we had a next young bright thing on loan, top U21 scorer for Holland, Maceo Rigters? And I love how people judge people by a youtube video, I could probably make Wibraham look like Messi in a complilation.

[quote user="Captain Fantastic"]Does everyone remember the last time we had a next young bright thing on loan, top U21 scorer for Holland, Maceo Rigters? And I love how people judge people by a youtube video, I could probably make Wibraham look like Messi in a complilation.[/quote]To be fair, I remember Rigters being quite a bit older and looking fairly tidy until he got an injury in his second/third game and had to return to his parent club?!

Inside knowledge (ie a fairly close link to the club he comes from) would suggest that Pacheco could prove to be a very useful addition to our squad.He''s definitely regarded as one for the future at Liverpool.  His pedigree is excellent and he''s well known to the likes of Dalgleish from his Academy days...He''s not getting a regular look in as a first team player but they don''t want to let him go as they know he''s got quality.   Recently they''ve started loaning out some of their younger development players - Hull have recently benefitted from Dani Ayala and David Amoo, we''re now getting the chance to see what Pacheco brings.Give the kid a chance - he could be very useful in the next few games!

Done Deal!!!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2323227,00.html

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]If at the end of the season people generally consider Pacheco to have been a good signing for us I will give everyone in this thread £50. Bookmark it.[/quote]

Bookmarked indeed - binner or deluded loon, doesn''t really matter.

My £50 to The NSS please.

So iwansnorwich, what would be a fair definition of being a ''good signing'' just so we''re clear when it comes to emptying your bank account?

£50 to Alzheimers please.

My colleague sat next to me wants his £50 to go to Breat Cancer.

Thank you for your genorosity.

I suspect the perfect irony would be for our £50 to be put on Pacheco to score the first goal against Scunthorpe.....and for him to score first.

Two good signings :D

Hopefully at least one of them can add in ''some'' goals to the team.

I reckon Vokes could potentially become a permanent, not so sure about Pacheco, Liverpool will probably want to keep him. But anyway, its all about the next 8 games :)

Pacheco seem a top signing to be honest, not sure about Vokes, but let''s give him a chance see how he gets on.

We seem to have topped Swansea''s Fabio Borini, hopefully Pachecho can top him at the Liberty Stadium.

OTBC

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]If at the end of the season people generally consider Pacheco to have been a good signing for us I will give everyone in this thread £50. Bookmark it.
[/quote]

In. Great signings IMO