Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Sam Vokes of Wolves and Dani Pacheco of Liverpool join on loan

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="alysha"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]A random youtube clip (which I can''t run because flash is buggered on my pc) has thie text underneath : "Such was his ability to score goals from almost any position, teammates nicknamed him El Asesino ("The Assassin")." Nice ![/quote]He''s only got finishing of 9 on footy manager !Grrrr[/quote]

Its a computer game!!!!  Not real life!!!!

I''ll be happy if he scores one goal if its the one that wins us 2nd place or the playoff final

[/quote]

he was only joking! lol

[/quote]opsy !!!Yeah sorry Barcley Hero, check my thread about Putting Striker rumors to the sword about half hour before The Assassin was un-veiled ! Just having a giggleFor the record just got my Blyth Spartans promoted to league 2 :-p [/quote]Took my mate 13-15 years to get to the prem with Blyth[/quote]I won the Premier League with King''s Lynn on FM09 :)

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]LFC TV were saying: Pah-Check-O[/quote]Yeh but they also say :FowlehGerrrrr''ardTorrezDayvid Jhamesetc etc

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="AJ"]Fantastic news! And with time to gel into the squad with the international break as well. Brilliant works by the background staff again. Our never say die attitude runs through the club, hopefully this will spur us on to success[/quote]

AJ both are away on International duty, SPain U21 and Wales. So not much benefit there apart from them having game time and being match fit hopefully for when they arrive. It would have bene nice if neither were repsenting their countries and they got a proper time to gel, i am sure they will do well though. Hope Pacheo can speak the language well!
[/quote]

Que?

Assuming we get the clearances then this is great news.  If we get promoted this season then we may decide to sign Vokes if it works out well for both parties. It is also possible that Kenny Dalgleish might let Pacheco come on a season long loan at Norwich next year.

I don''t know how other supporters feel but McNally and Lambert are a perfect pairing and seem to come up with the goods every time.  I have taken some stick about being a Norwich supporter over the last 50 years, but people are beginning to sit up and take notice now.  The board, McNally, Lambert and his team have all given Norwich fans the belief that we do at long last have a chance of getting to the Premiership and possibly staying there.

Surprising to think we''ve got 4 loans now, bearing in mind the policy of

the current regime up til this point, in the midst of what was said of

the last two. Also a little surprised to see both of the new players are

so young, considering Lambert explicitly said in an interview recently with the

EDP that he''d be looking only for "old heads" to boost our effort in the

final stretch.

Backtracking much...

.... Shut up John.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="city4eva"]

2 great signings, I think.

But of course all the norfolk dumplings will come on here moaning just because thats what they do

[/quote]

You''re right - they moan about Martin, Wilbraham & Jackson, they moan because we haven''t got anyone in and then they moan about all the prospective names that have been mentioned. Now they still moan about what look like 2 excellent additions.

What exactly is it that they want?

[/quote]

I would say probably a right good old moan! Some things will never ever change

Monster thread on TWTD about this, Vokes isn''t good enough and Pacheco is gonna get whacked into submission by nasty Championship centre halves apparently. Funny that, ain''t it?There are some gems on there, though, my favourite being:''I imagine that Holt will clear the way for Pacheco, a little like he did

for himself at Carrow Road with his Moses impression as your defence

wandered off''.Makes it all just that little bit more tasty [:)]

Pacheco is the new Simeon Jackson. A small pacey striker who doesn''t fit our system. I don''t see any great benefit in signing him. And Vokes could''t even perform at League One level last season.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]Pacheco is the new Simeon Jackson. A small pacey striker who doesn''t fit our system. I don''t see any great benefit in signing him. And Vokes could''t even perform at League One level last season.[/quote]I hear you cant stop talking about us over at TWTD ;)

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]Pacheco is the new Simeon Jackson. A small pacey striker who doesn''t fit our system. I don''t see any great benefit in signing him. And Vokes could''t even perform at League One level last season.[/quote]I hear you cant stop talking about us over at TWTD ;)

I am BUZZING for Pacheco, me and my friend were hammering on about how good he is at the end of last season and it seems funny he has come here now after that conversation so long ago....

TWTD makes I larf.

"Do you realise how small 5ft 6" is?! That''s smaller than Jaime Peters.

Him up against defenders like McAuley and Delaney every week between now and May is not going to be much fun for him is it."

Lionel Messi is 5''7 - I bet he would struggle against players of McAuley''s calibre!! (Not saying Pacheco is in Messi''s league quality wise, but similar style of running at players)

"iwansnorwich" - "Pacheco is the new Simeon Jackson. A small pacey striker who doesn''t fit our system. I don''t see any great benefit in signing him."

Rubbish! We''ve played well with Jackson in the team, he has also had chances when he''s played, the sitter against Bristol Rovers instantly springs to mind! Maybe Pacheco will put them away!

Got to love how people write players off before they even arrive at the club, let alone kick a ball for us. Right now we need strikers as there''s only 2 fit ones in the team. PL has got the best players in on loan available that he thinks will fit the team and are hungry to play for us. Not sure how anyone can write these guys off and assume they won''t ''fit'' the system. Utter cr*p - PL makes the system so he knows what works and what doesn''t. My best friend and my cousin support Liverpool and bang on about him loads and how he hasn''t had a real chance, but deserves one ahead of Ngog. You never know what can happen with a loan, but this lad has plenty of attributes and I''m sure he has more quality than Simeon (no offence to him) having been brought through Barcelona and Liverpool and playing for Spain at every age group so far up to under 21''s. As long as he has confidence and gets on with the other lads then he''ll surely put away some of these chances we keep creating. I think bringing 2 young, but talented strikers in is a great move by the club and could push the boys on through to the end.. at the end of the day they give us more options and that''s a good thing with the injuries we''ve got up front

Also not sure what height has to do with anything? Hope people are joking about this. Some of the greatest players in the world are the smallest. Spain''s entire attacking half are pretty small and seem to get on ok with being kicked around the place. If you create space and can get the ball in space then it doesn''t matter what size your opponents are.. if you''re quick enough to get passed them/around them and get your shot/pass away then it won''t matter. It''s not about the biggest/hardest team. Our Wes doesn''t exactly struggle..People were talking about bringing Kevin Philips in - 5ft 7, but still knows how to score and did for fun as this level before. Craig Bellamy isn''t exactly tall, but was amazing for us at this level and is still dangerous now at 31. Simeon Jackson had 3/4 chances to score against Bristol and some good chances at Hull and his height didn''t stop him scoring it was just composure. That''s what we could do with at the moment - some composure in front of goal next to Holt and along with the midfielders who are doing a great job - that one player extra player who can contribute goals could make it for us..I must add that I think Simeon could/can get goals at this level, but I''m not sure PL has the patience anymore..

If at the end of the season people generally consider Pacheco to have been a good signing for us I will give everyone in this thread £50. Bookmark it.

iwansnorwich:

What a t*t. u clearly arent going to give us that, but in case u do, after pacheco succeeds then im in the thread :p

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.OTBC[/quote]It will be worth it if they score the goals to take us up.[/quote]

Indeed, and they are better than CMS.  We''ve saved some money there !! 

[/quote]

Pacheo is indeed a better option than CMS given the patient, passing game we play. No chance of getting him on a permanent of course, he''s far too promising.

[/quote]

CMS is a class act and he has proven himself this season what ever league, Im really pleased these two will give us a real boost.....IN LAMBERT WE TRUST! [/quote]

I don''t agree.  He has proven himself in Div1 no doubt but that is very different to the Championship where he managed only 10 in 43 games last season. That is poor.  

[/quote] 1 in 4 for a team for a team who finish bottom in his first season isn''t bad. While Vokes got 6 in 37 for Wolves who were Champions. Since then he has managed 2 in 27 and 8 of them games were in League 1. If CMS record was poor what is Vokes?[/quote]

Vokes is 21 whereas CMS is 27 so it''s not comparing like for like. Also, Vokes has played in the Prem has he not ? 

[/quote]He has, a whole 5 sub appearances! I don''t see how age is a factor for these next 8 games. CMS knows where the net is and is in the best form of his life and Vokes so far hasn''t proved he''s a goal scorer. [/quote]

CMS didn''t know where the net was on Monday, and in fact I don''t remember him getting a shot in, and that''s Div1. He''s just as much a gamble at this level as these other guys but far more expensive. Vokes is also a full Welsh International. Age is a factor because CMS was 26 when playing in the Championship, but with all his experience managed only 10 goals. Vokes is also 6 foot 2 as opposed to CMS who is not the tallest, and that extra height will be very useful. I''m happy to have Vokes.

[/quote]He actually had a shot well saved. So your basing your opinion on one game, where his team didn''t play very well. If you had watched one of his games where he scored one of his 27 goals this season, I suppose that would make him the best player in the world. Hardly difficult to be a Welsh International, and he still struggled to get called up, shame CMS isn''t Welsh because he would get handfuls of caps. What experience? It was his first season playing in it, so he was less experienced then Vokes but scored more! Vokes has done nothing to prove he''s better then CMS and I bet Vokes doesn''t score more then 3 goals in his time here![/quote]Three from Vokes and three from Pacheco would do me!

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]If at the end of the season people generally consider Pacheco to have been a good signing for us I will give everyone in this thread £50. Bookmark it.[/quote]

I had better join in now then!

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]If at the end of the season people generally consider Pacheco to have been a good signing for us I will give everyone in this thread £50. Bookmark it.
[/quote]

I had better get onto the thread then, always like taking £50 off a binner

£50 to Cancer Research please.As far as the signings hopefully the final pieces to the jigsaw, was once told it was the strength of the bench that wins things.

I for one have been banging on about the need for a striker and now we gone and got 2!  I also wont be slagging them off before they have even kicked a ball in anger as I am sure Lambert hasnt brought them in if he didnt think they would bring something to the party, plus I want my £50 too!

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]If at the end of the season people generally consider Pacheco to have been a good signing for us I will give everyone in this thread £50. Bookmark it.[/quote]

I''ll have some of that please!

my £50 to my walk for kids with ichthyosis please

www.justgiving,com/Paul-Handscombe1

Cheers

Just watched some Pacheco vids on You Tube. Okay, so even Fozzy looked good on You Tube, but this lad looks a bit special - as they say! Imagine him and Wes weaving their magic in and around the opposition penalty area! Wowzers! I just hope he settles in quickly. At least he''s got the 2 week break to train with the team and  get to know them. How do you think poor old Nelson''s going to cope with Pacheco, Wes, Holt etc. when he comes back to Carrow Road?! Could have a really torrid time.