Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Sam Vokes of Wolves and Dani Pacheco of Liverpool join on loan

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="ncfcfan"]Pacheco won''t cope with the championship, only 5ft 6. [/quote]Bit like that rubbish player we''ve got in our squad at the moment.What''s his name again... oh yeah, Wes Hoola-something?[/quote]I was being sarcastic mate, wanting to do a traditional pinkun view on the signings.I''m excited about the signing of Pacheco, looks a real handful who can cause havoc for opposition defences.Not too sure about Vokes, hasn''t left much of an impression at Wolves, Leeds, Bristol or Sheffield United. His record for Leeds in League 1 was dreadful.[/quote]You need to go on the Sheffield United boards to see what they thing about Vokes, he has been a right handful in the games he''s played for them and they''re gutted he hasn''t gone back. Very good signings imo.[/quote]Or alternatively go on Wolves and Leeds boards and see what they have to say. I struggle to see how he''s any better then what we already have or offer anything different.

Of course if they get us up then it''s worth it but I meant in regards to the future. Having 2 players in our ranks of undoubted quality on permanent deals would be great for the club. Once again giving pitch time to 2 players that are only here to get noticed by their parent club (or to put themselves in the shop window) is no good for the future of NCFC, take Bentley as an example.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Or alternatively go on Wolves and Leeds boards and see what they have to say. I struggle to see how he''s any better then what we already have or offer anything different.[/quote]Who needs those when you have TW@TD

Norwich get Pacheco on loan... by JuniorScholes6 on 20:10 - Mar 23 with 511 viewsFirst Reply
Jeeeeeeeeez.... Its going to happen isnt it.. They are going up...

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="alysha"]Didn''t Vokes only say this morning that he wanted a return to Sheffield United?[/quote]
The story was broken this morning I think, although he might have actually said it when the original loan expired, and our interest only came to light after he said that. Doubt he''d be saying he wanted to go back to SU if he knew that we were interested in him and he was interested in us, that would be taking the p*ss out of the SU fans a bit.
[/quote]

yeah thought that must of been the case. Sheffield United fans seem to really rate him, same with Liverpool and Pacheco.

[/quote]
Vokes definitely - although Pacheco hasn''t been loaned out before, and has hardly played for Liverpool''s first team - might be a bit much to expect him to hit the ground running. He''ll be desperate to impress I''m sure, but that pressure works in different ways for different players. Would imagine that Vokes will start with Holty, and Pacheco and Jackson will be on the bench.
[/quote]

good job he is getting some game time in the under 21 internationals then, fingers crossed he doesn''t get injured though

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]Of course if they get us up then it''s worth it but I meant in regards to the future. Having 2 players in our ranks of undoubted quality on permanent deals would be great for the club. Once again giving pitch time to 2 players that are only here to get noticed by their parent club (or to put themselves in the shop window) is no good for the future of NCFC, take Bentley as an example.[/quote]

Of course if they get us up then it''s worth it,

Should have ended your post there!

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]Of course if they get us up then it''s worth it but I meant in regards to the future. [/quote]

You don''t get it do you?

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]Of course if they get us up then it''s worth it but I meant in regards to the future. Having 2 players in our ranks of undoubted quality on permanent deals would be great for the club. Once again giving pitch time to 2 players that are only here to get noticed by their parent club (or to put themselves in the shop window) is no good for the future of NCFC, take Bentley as an example.
[/quote]

Of course they are good for our future if they help get us into the Prem. Just having more strength in depth for the last few games will be enough if we achieve that aim.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.OTBC[/quote]It will be worth it if they score the goals to take us up.[/quote]

Indeed, and they are better than CMS.  We''ve saved some money there !! 

[/quote]How is Vokes any better CMS? CMS has scored more goals just this season then Vokes has in his whole career. If Vokes was any good he wouldn''t be a loan journeyman. If we had signed Pacheco and CMS today, that would of been perfect and made every other team in the league very worried about us.

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.OTBC[/quote]It will be worth it if they score the goals to take us up.[/quote]

[/quote]

Pacheo is indeed a better option than CMS given the patient, passing game we play. No chance of getting him on a permanent of course, he''s far too promising.

[/quote]

CMS is a class act and he has proven himself this season what ever league, Im really pleased these two will give us a real boost.....IN LAMBERT WE TRUST!

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.

Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.

Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.

Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.

OTBC
[/quote]

It will be worth it if they score the goals to take us up.
[/quote]

[/quote]

How is Vokes any better CMS? CMS has scored more goals just this season then Vokes has in his whole career. If Vokes was any good he wouldn''t be a loan journeyman.

If we had signed Pacheco and CMS today, that would of been perfect and made every other team in the league very worried about us.
[/quote]

I''m saying that as a pair that they are better. If we had signed CMS we probably would not have been able to afford a second signing.

[quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]2 good signings...if they are with a view to permanent deals. If not then I don''t really see the worth in it.

Pacheco is a fabulous little footballer and would love him to be part of our squad going forward, and that doesn''t just come from viewing a couple of youtube videos...remember Goran Maric. Played in the right position he could be great for us.

Vokes was a really highly rated player a few years back, I must say I don''t know alot about him but he must be better than Wilbraham, surely.

Good luck to both players and I for one hope that you both shine in the yellow of NCFC.

OTBC
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pacheo is indeed a better option than CMS given the patient, passing game we play. No chance of getting him on a permanent of course, he''s far too promising.

[/quote]

CMS is a class act and he has proven himself this season what ever league, Im really pleased these two will give us a real boost.....IN LAMBERT WE TRUST!
[/quote]

I don''t agree.  He has proven himself in Div1 no doubt but that is very different to the Championship where he managed only 10 in 43 games last season. That is poor.  

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]Of course if they get us up then it''s worth it but I meant in regards to the future. [/quote]

You don''t get it do you?

[/quote]Don''t get what? I understand fully that if these 2 perform then we could go up. I''ve just seen too many loan players come in to our club that don''t give a f**k. If they are here with a view to a perm deal then I would expect them to 1. Perform to a higher standard and 2. To be assets to our club in the future.Am I speaking Greek? [8-)]

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CMS is a class act and he has proven himself this season what ever league, Im really pleased these two will give us a real boost.....IN LAMBERT WE TRUST! [/quote]

I don''t agree.  He has proven himself in Div1 no doubt but that is very different to the Championship where he managed only 10 in 43 games last season. That is poor.  

[/quote]

Ill give you Grant Holt as an exmaple..... CMS is class, but Fry and his happy troop are having a laugh with the price, im still excited about these 2 coming in!

I think everyone should be happy with these two. As it got closer and closer to tomorrows deadline it looked like we might not sign anyone. Getting in two new strikers will give the crowd and the squad a real buzz. That buzz alone might be enough to get us a couple of extra points that take us over the finishing line and into the Prem. Everyone needs to take a step back and realise this shows everyone we are going for it. Lets give them both a chance and get right behind the whole squad. I really think we will go up now.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CMS is a class act and he has proven himself this season what ever league, Im really pleased these two will give us a real boost.....IN LAMBERT WE TRUST! [/quote]

[/quote] 1 in 4 for a team for a team who finish bottom in his first season isn''t bad. While Vokes got 6 in 37 for Wolves who were Champions. Since then he has managed 2 in 27 and 8 of them games were in League 1. If CMS record was poor what is Vokes?

Good news, two more strikers to help us over the finishing line, that gives us a choice plus cover for any injuries.

Well done Lambert [:D]

Fantastic news! And with time to gel into the squad with the international break as well. Brilliant works by the background staff again. Our never say die attitude runs through the club, hopefully this will spur us on to success

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] 1 in 4 for a team for a team who finish bottom in his first season isn''t bad. While Vokes got 6 in 37 for Wolves who were Champions. Since then he has managed 2 in 27 and 8 of them games were in League 1. If CMS record was poor what is Vokes?[/quote]

Not interested in records these 2 have 8 games to give us everything! Roll on Scunthorpe!

I guess the dilemma now is.. who starts against Scunny, Pacheco or Vokes?Vokes is the safer option in terms of having played regular first team football and not having to adapt to the Championship, but I don''t think he''ll be that great. Pacheco hasn''t really played outside of the reserves, but seems to be an incredible talent and it''s more of a risk but I think he''s far more likely to have a big effect.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I guess the dilemma now is.. who starts against Scunny, Pacheco or Vokes?Vokes is the safer option in terms of having played regular first team football and not having to adapt to the Championship, but I don''t think he''ll be that great. Pacheco hasn''t really played outside of the reserves, but seems to be an incredible talent and it''s more of a risk but I think he''s far more likely to have a big effect.[/quote]

Bumpy lets get England out the way first!

Pacheco,a quote from my Liverpool supporting mate,"looks like you''ll be playing at Anfield next year mate,he''s far to good for the Championship" Liverpool fans rate him very highly and i think Mr Lambert could have just got us a gem.

[quote user="AJ"]Fantastic news! And with time to gel into the squad with the international break as well. Brilliant works by the background staff again. Our never say die attitude runs through the club, hopefully this will spur us on to success[/quote]AJ both are away on International duty, SPain U21 and Wales. So not much benefit there apart from them having game time and being match fit hopefully for when they arrive. It would have bene nice if neither were repsenting their countries and they got a proper time to gel, i am sure they will do well though. Hope Pacheo can speak the language well!

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CANARY CHARGE"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="paul moy"]

OTBC
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1 in 4 for a team for a team who finish bottom in his first season isn''t bad. While Vokes got 6 in 37 for Wolves who were Champions. Since then he has managed 2 in 27 and 8 of them games were in League 1. If CMS record was poor what is Vokes?
[/quote]

Vokes is 21 whereas CMS is 27 so it''s not comparing like for like. Also, Vokes has played in the Prem has he not ? 

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I guess the dilemma now is.. who starts against Scunny, Pacheco or Vokes?

Vokes is the safer option in terms of having played regular first team football and not having to adapt to the Championship, but I don''t think he''ll be that great. Pacheco hasn''t really played outside of the reserves, but seems to be an incredible talent and it''s more of a risk but I think he''s far more likely to have a big effect.
[/quote]

Vokes is similar to Wilbraham but better IMO, so I''d start with him bearing in mind that Wilbraham has been ok.