Sign in to follow this  
barclaystand

Wrong words to chants...The IRA?!

I know not everyone knows the words to all the chants but I couldn''t believe the one I heard at Hull on Saturday.....Some fool just two seats away from me couldn''t get the simplest one right.Whilst the rest of us were all proudly shouting out ''Yarmy'' this plonker thought you''re supposed to shout IRA!Now if that was you and you can read this here''s an explanation.... IRA is an abbreviation for the Irish Republican Army (terrorists) and Yarmy is short for Yellow Army. Get it right ffs.

Yarmy chanted fast sounds like "know what I mean".Think about it next game.

I always thought "Yarmy" was short for Yarmouth and that we had such a lot of support from there that it defied belief. 

Talking of Irish Rebel feelings. They will never go away and the Dublin crowd''s rendition of the "Fields of Athenry,"  .... You Tube by (Irish Famine,) when they beat England last week-end  was moving to extremis, for me at least.

Back in the 70s scum fans used to sing IRA - Ipswich republican army. They sung it at an away game at Villa shortly after the Birmingham pub bombings. Needless to say they got the beating they richly deserved.