Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Sky TV pressure on Norwich - deja vu 2 seasons ago v Reading

Two seasons ago we were relegated as our last home game was moved to the monday night by Sky TV. All the other teams had played on saturday and Norwich knew they had to win v Reading to have any chance in the last game of the season away at Charlton to avoid the drop.

The team didn''t perform at all under this kind of pressure and were beaten well by 2 Long goals, it looked like the team and the whole of Carrow Road were frozen.

Now Sky does the same to us, and this time it''s about promotion to the Premier League, so not many Norwich supporters will be happy with Sky these days and as written before we will have 2.5 days less rest for our last home game v the Sky Blues.

Hope we can beat them all this time, including crap Sky !!!

OTBC

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

Two seasons ago we were relegated as our last home game was moved to the monday night by Sky TV. All the other teams had played on saturday and Norwich knew they had to win v Reading to have any chance in the last game of the season away at Charlton to avoid the drop.

The team didn''t perform at all under this kind of pressure and were beaten well by 2 Long goals, it looked like the team and the whole of Carrow Road were frozen.

Now Sky does the same to us, and this time it''s about promotion to the Premier League, so not many Norwich supporters will be happy with Sky these days and as written before we will have 2.5 days less rest for our last home game v the Sky Blues.

OTBC

[/quote]

But we have more time to prepare for Portsmouth !I think the squad now can handle the pressure as proved by Leicester away, it just may work in our favour knowing what we need to acheive at Portsmouth be it a draw or a win.

Yes agreed that is bloody annoying.But we don''t have the managerial maestro Bryan Gunn, Doherty at the back, Gow as our creativity nor Otsemobor as our solid right-back.See the difference?

I agree the team was no good but it was not helped by Sky, pressure is pressure for a good or a bad team !

As we didn''t want to listen to the scores of the other teams on that saturday we went to the Colchester (Paul Lambert & Tierney) v Peterborough (Russel Martin & Joe Lewis) match instead and saw a good Peterborough side become League One champions. Boyd was outstanding.

Not much I can remember from the game 2 days later .. maybe I can watch the recorded Sky Reading cd again to see if we were really that bad under Gunn ''smile'' ... oh dear ..

This time we have Lambert, a hungry and talented squad motivated by the prize of promotion not the fear of relegation...under Lambert it will be fine!

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]This time we have Lambert, a hungry and talented squad motivated by the prize of promotion not the fear of relegation...under Lambert it will be fine!
[/quote]

And apart from that I think we have killed off the TV voodoo now, these lads are prepared for anything 

I didn''t really fancy the trip down to Portsmouth so doubt whether I would have gone.Now I can watch it on TV and be an armchair fan and may even ring up Canary Call to ask how Neil is."RUAllrite Neil" or "How r u Neil" not sure which.

We just played Bristol on a Monday night on Sky with a chance to go 3 points clear into second, we won and dominated the game; and it seems to me we always up our perfromances for the ''bigger'' games 

It does always appear that we do badly on SKY but it''s not a certainty (although I think we lost every single game on SKY last season even though we romped the league). If the players can''t handle the ''pressure'' of having to win a football match then they deserve to be relegated or not be promoted.

If anything, this being the penultimate game might prove to be a wonderful incentive to clinch promotion for definite in front of the whole nation,

Think positively!

Have to say that the Reading game versus Norwich was on more to see about whether they''d return to the Premiership rather than put us under pressure. We couldn''t fight our way out of a paper bag with that team and manager so I don''t go along with the feeling that sky put under more pressure for that game.

We didn''t play good football then unlike now, and now I believe we can handle the pressure with PL in charge. After all if we can''t handle this pressure there''s no point in being promoted, as the pressure will be alot greater too.

I am quietly confident that we will do it, and believe that PL will give the players so much belief that they can go on and be promoted. ;)

OTBC

[quote user="Big Slob"]No, the reason we lost was because we were awful.[/quote]

[Y]Sums it up nicely.

Looking back,it was more a case of when not if we would go down.Sadly,can''t really have a go at Sky for that one!!

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I agree with the pressure, not sure if its a hindrance or advantage, time will tell it seems this team enjoys the pressure, gonna be an exciting last 8 games. I just hope its automatic promotion!

Similar SKY TV situation to that awful season 2 seasons ago but thats where the similarities end!

2 seasons ago we were awful, the team very disjointed and very dispirited. Now we are the complete opposite to that shower and actualy have the guts to go out and make something happen!