Sign in to follow this  
Colorado Canary

Canaries Player on Android or IPhone

Does anyone use a phone (droid or IPhone) to listen to canaries player? Being USA based and having to work Sat sometimes makes it difficult to catch the game. I would be interested to know if anyone out there has any recomendations?

Hey Colorado,

I have a HTC Desire and can''t get canaries player, i can get all the way thru the screens and log into canariesplayer but then it says my flash support isnt adequate and when i go to the download page, it says the content isn''t supported on my phone (although I belive that the Google Nexus may be supported). This is despite me having the most up to date flash player on the app store.

I really wish NCFC would come up with an app for this - I cant imagine it to be too difficult for them to produce, and it would be of great benefit to me as it would mean I could be out and about on a Saturday rather than rendering myself housebound every Sat afternoon so I can listen!!

I also have tunein radio which is a good app to get canary call but doesnt give commentary on the games on the radio norfolk channel as it takes the web stream which is blocked during game time.

Actually, having had the same thought myself many times, and clearly others feel like that - Im emailing Mcnally right now to see if there are any plans to create an app etc

Which browser are you using on your HTC? You might have more joy with the native browser rather than Firefox and Opera that have trouble with flash on the Desire.

I''m using the native browser Pete, I had Opera but realised it was worse than the standard one so uninstalled it.

I''ve been able to watch the Hull highlights on a modded advent Vega using dolphin HD but haven''t tried commentary yet, will try it out next match.

You can try SkyFire browser in the App Store for iPhone and Android which allows you to play Flash videos and audio. :)

http://www.skyfire.com/

Someone asked McNally on Twitter about it and he said he''ll look into it, but it isn''t anything the club can do as the ''Player'' service is for all (or most) league clubs.

I emailed McNally and Canaries Player customer service and they say it is not possible right now, but it could be in the future. We need as many fans as possible to ask for the change. Seems it is an issue for all team across the country.....