Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Your favourite moment of the season so far, and why?...

As we are in the middle of the international break, and with no City game to look forward to this weekend, I find myself reflecting on the amazing season we''ve had so far. So what''s made it for you? A certain game, or signing, or perhaps it was something that you saw at a match that made you laugh - What was that moment that stood out and where you thought we''re really on to something good here?

I''m going to state the obvious, but I could watch this all day, everyday. It''s not just for the result and whom it was against, but also remembering Jake Humphrey trying to remain impartial on the Beeb, and seeing the Ipsh1te youth coach sat behind Lambert shaking his head in disgust after the first goal. I also like the fact it was played out for all to see on terrestrial tv not only in pubs all over England, but also in the average persons home. I really think armchair football fans sat up and took notice of us that day in November, and realised what good football we play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thDSr-n5MZs

Good post mate. For me 3 moments stand out.

The first would have to be Holty chasing the ball down and just knocking O'' dea (the scum defender) away and just applying such a great finish to the move. The relief around Carrow Road was there for all to see.

My second favourite moment is my really impromptu decision to go to Leicester. We''d completely ruled out going because of it being on the Tuesday but my brother came home at 3pm on the day and we decided ''ah screw it, lets just go''. Amazing atmosphere and 3 points.

My final favourite moment has to be the Millwall winner. We hadnt played that well but some how Lansbury managed to squeeze his way into the box and rammed home the winner. Seeing Ruddy run all the way from the box in front of the N and P to join in with his team mates is something I''ll never forget.

It''s been an amazing season so far with hopefully more special moments to come. I have a feeling we''ll beat Swansea!!

OTBC

Nice post !3 stand out for me to be honest.1st : The win vs the scum. No one hoped we would beat them 2-0... but 4-1 with a Holt hattrick... hahah priceless !!2nd : The game vs QPR, was the first time I actually thought, well we faced the best in the league, we CAN actually do this you know !!!3rd : Has to be the atmosphere against Bristol and the 2 late goals. Was amasing to be a part of, the anticipation and interaction with the fans around me and the goals themselves. Best game of the season for me.

This might sound a bit funny and this game will be remembered for some of the wrong reasons, but the way we tored Reading apart away from home was just incredible. Obviously Holt''s sending off ruined it, but the moment when our third went in got me thinking "we mean business this season."

Obviously, the 4-1 win vs. the scum, the first goal being particularly amazing.

I loved the late winner from Holt away at Scunny as well as the late goals at home to Millwall and Reading.

There has been so many and the best is yet to come!

Been a wonderful season regardless of our occassional ''blips'' against a few sides. Away at Leeds and our 2-2 draw was quite a favourite of mine.....excellent atmosphere and a fair result in the end. But the home game against our closest Championship neighbours and Holty''s demolition of their defence....priceless. I''ve been to quite a few ''aways'' this season and personally I feel the squad are playing beter away than at home....but 20 plus points to be had.....bring it on! 

(Palace away was one of the the most forgettable.....but an away point is a positive.....I suppose)..... 

Holts penalty at Leicester, everyone was nervous after that miss by Mr Hoolohan the week before and Holt just smashed the back of the net and celebrated in front of 3k noisy travelling fans. Great away day.

Wow, there are a few that stick out for me.One of the best, and I''m surprised it hasn''t been mentioned, was Ruddy''s penalty save against Swansea. The Barclay went absolutely beserk and it was so important because we were hanging on at that point. Having been outplayed that game, then going on to win it 2-0 was a really special feeling.I also loved the home game against Leicester as it was such a cracker and had everything. I think I suffered about seven separate heart attacks! Amazing atmosphere, great goals and total action throughout.The Ipswich game was incredible, of course, but I think the best part was Holt''s ''tache. [;)]Here''s to more happy memories!

[quote user="BobbyLo"]Wow, there are a few that stick out for me.One of the best, and I''m surprised it hasn''t been mentioned, was Ruddy''s penalty save against Swansea. The Barclay went absolutely beserk and it was so important because we were hanging on at that point. Having been outplayed that game, then going on to win it 2-0 was a really special feeling.I also loved the home game against Leicester as it was such a cracker and had everything. I think I suffered about seven separate heart attacks! Amazing atmosphere, great goals and total action throughout.The Ipswich game was incredible, of course, but I think the best part was Holt''s ''tache. [;)]Here''s to more happy memories![/quote]Yes mate, totally agree about the pen save against Swansea.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Bristol City game when Coelho started off the chants of ''On the Ball City'' and fully milked it.It was the most rousing version I''ve ever encountered.....[:D]

Crofts goal against Burnley that gave us a point in a game we didn''t deserve anything from. It was the day I thought ...maybe And also Ruddy''s save against Swansea (just think how important that was if we had lost that one we would be chasing them now!)

Doing the double over Leicester, some family live there!

Not signing CMS

Beating Cardiff was the 1st time i started the think we could do it!

GETTING A SEASON TICKET FOR NEXT SEASON [Y]

Agree with those that say Ruddy''s save against Swansea. I remeber thinking when it was 0-0 ''4 points from 3 games isn''t bad'' to thinking as the pen was conceeded ''shit 3 points from 9 and 2 home losses is not great'' to ''6 points from 9 is AMAZING!'' Strange how these things turn on such small moments.

Not NCFC, but Gareth Bale''s goals against Inter in the Champions League take some beating. That defender (Maicon?) is rated World Class.

So many great moments this season, all the last minute goals were great, paticularly Scunthorpe, Burnley, Millwall and Reading. Obviously the smashing of the Scum will live long in the memory, never seen Carrow Road celebrate so wildly when Holt wrapped up his hat trick in front of the Barclay. But for me, the moment when I knew City were real contenders in this league was Derby away, at the time Derby hadn''t conceded a goal at home for about 8 weeks and were looking like real contenders but we went there and played them off the park for the first 15 minutes, went 2-0 up and it could have been 4 or 5. Obviously as so often this season we ended up making hard work of it and were left hanging on at the end but going to a team who at the time were very strong especially at home we had outplayed them in every department and taken a fantastic three points. And since then Derby have obviously slumped way down the league whereas we have just gone from strength to strength. Hopefully though, the best moment of the season is still to come.

Just seen my ''favourite'' bit on Channel 4.... a transgender pre-op male now calling himself Delia.Ring any bleedin'' bells?