Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

2 goals in the last 5 minutes!

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]We could use someone like that.

Sunk Cheltenham on his own.......

Stand up, Mr Cody Macdonald.........

[A]
[/quote]

You really should get a life and get out more Unhinged Canary.Yet another Cody Macdonald  Thread weekly thread is rather tiresome and boring.[:@]

I have to apologise.I usually take a fairly dim view of such posts, but I had a few quid on the Gills to win today.I''m just a bit excited after feeling pretty despondent.Well done Cody! [Y] 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]We could use someone like that.Sunk Cheltenham on his own.......Stand up, Mr Cody Macdonald.........[A][/quote]

You really should get a life and get out more Unhinged Canary.Yet another Cody Macdonald  Thread weekly thread is rather tiresome and boring.[:@]

[/quote]Sorry Tilly..... [:$]

What a surprise a Mcdonald thread! How come we never got one for Adeyemi yesterday when he scored?

In a completely unrelated subject, I''ve never been able to work out why Materattzi goes down holding his face when he gets head-butted in the chest!

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]We could use someone like that.Sunk Cheltenham on his own.......Stand up, Mr Cody Macdonald.........[A][/quote]

Key phrase in that post is "Sunk Cheltenham"

Not exactly hitting the all time heights is he

[quote user="YellowLittle1"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]We could use someone like that.

[A]
[/quote] Key phrase in that post is "Sunk Cheltenham" Not exactly hitting the all time heights is he[/quote]

As they say you can only beat whats infront of you.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]What a surprise a Mcdonald thread! How come we never got one for Adeyemi yesterday when he scored?
[/quote]

cause Cody was part of the deal to bring in SJackson, who hasn''t done that well for us. Whereas Adeyemi went on loan to gain exp to come here and get into 1st team in a few years [y]

Again, the post was in jest.I had no-one else to share my happiness with. So I thought I''d turn to my friends on the Pink Un...........I''m not saying he''d bang them in here. But fair play to the lad. He''s one of ours, and he''s doing well.Well played Cody! [A]

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]In a completely unrelated subject, I''ve never been able to work out why Materattzi goes down holding his face when he gets head-butted in the chest![/quote]Agreed!But that must have hurt! Zizu wasn''t the lightest of people, and he looked like he gave that some welly!

[quote user=" Badger"]We should end the loan and call him back.[/quote]

you serious... part of the terms to lure SJackson here was that we give the gills CMacDonald for the whole season with no call back option.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="ncfcfan"]What a surprise a Mcdonald thread! How come we never got one for Adeyemi yesterday when he scored?[/quote]

cause Cody was part of the deal to bring in SJackson, who hasn''t done that well for us. Whereas Adeyemi went on loan to gain exp to come here and get into 1st team in a few years [y]

[/quote]Surely based on that opinion then we should be showing more of an interest in Adeyemi. As that suggests Cody is not wanted here and that Adeyemi is out on loan to show us what he can do.

To me he seems the perfect compliment to Holt, and could very well become

every bit as good for us as Mackail-Smith could have been. I

remember the workman-like role he played alongside The Horse against

Yeovil as being fantastic, earning the big man his first hattrick for us; and in my opinion, they''d shown to read

eachothers game, as mentally similar, yet polarised in physical shape,

better than the Martin/Holt combination ever did (and of course, he was

the only man to leave Carrow Road with any ounce of credibility on the opening

day of last season).Holt played down there at the age of 28 and

''only'' got himself 20 goals in 44 games. At the age of 24, Cody has gone

and got 22 goals in 34 games.A comparable situation is one of

David Somma. Played in League Two last season, aged 24, and scored 9 in

14 games. Now, only months later, he''s one of the most threatening

strikers in this League.After having been a scaffolder, working

his way in the game well below the Blue Square, it took Cody only less

than 10 minutes to score upon his arrival into the Championship, in a

side as depleted as the one that got us relegated. Why he couldn''t do it

in this one, as a mature and improved player, is beyond me.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[A]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What is tiring and boring is you.

The OP was an entirely relevant and interesting post. Cody is still one of us - and succeeding in his career. That is of interest to most of us Ex-Chair nCIsA.

Seems to me that you''re missing people to boss and order about.

If you''re not interested in the man''s post then just pass it by and b*gger off somewhere else.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="ncfcfan"]What a surprise a Mcdonald thread! How come we never got one for Adeyemi yesterday when he scored?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely based on that opinion then we should be showing more of an interest in Adeyemi. As that suggests Cody is not wanted here and that Adeyemi is out on loan to show us what he can do.
[/quote]

I think because we are struggling to score goals people will take note of our strikers out on loan.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Again, the post was in jest.

I had no-one else to share my happiness with. So I thought I''d turn to my friends on the Pink Un...........

I''m not saying he''d bang them in here. But fair play to the lad. He''s one of ours, and he''s doing well.

Well played Cody!

[A]
[/quote]

Seconded - I don''t think he''s better than anything we currently have but it''s hard not to feel good for a guy who was making a living by putting up scaffolding two years ago.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]You have completely missed the point, it is exactly BECAUSE he is banging them in week in and week out that it is of note/interesting.There is a very good chance he will get the Leagues Golden Boot award, its not in the bag but he is one off the top and that is with ZERO penalties taken and he was injured for the first quater of the Season.  I know it is "only" League2 but really what more could he have done to impress people?I am sure that looking back on the deal, Paying a fat cheque of £££,£££s and letting Cody go in return for Jackson will not be remembered as one of the NCFC Boards better pieces of business.  On the other hand im sure the Gills board would consider recieving a hefty £s up front just after relegation to smooth the finances AND getting Cody was quite a score!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[A]
[/quote]

[/quote] What is tiring and boring is you. The OP was an entirely relevant and interesting post. Cody is still one of us - and succeeding in his career. That is of interest to most of us Ex-Chair nCIsA. Seems to me that you''re missing people to boss and order about. If you''re not interested in the man''s post then just pass it by and b*gger off somewhere else. One love. OTBC[/quote]

So glad that you are interested in thread number nine hundred and ninty three concerning Cody.Him scoring today against the mighty Cheltenham is surely of bugger all interest and significance to what is ahead of Norwich City FC and the remainder of this season.

Still irrelevant and boring threads are your speciality and i take it your bitter and twisted stance has been brought about by you not starting the thread first.

By the way my correct title is now Vice President of NCISA if you must insist on dragging them into it.

There you have it......No Inner Circle needed to gang up on you and help me out.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[A]
[/quote]

[/quote] What is tiring and boring is you. The OP was an entirely relevant and interesting post. Cody is still one of us - and succeeding in his career. That is of interest to most of us Ex-Chair nCIsA. Seems to me that you''re missing people to boss and order about. If you''re not interested in the man''s post then just pass it by and b*gger off somewhere else. One love. OTBC[/quote]

So glad that you are interested in thread number nine hundred and ninty three concerning Cody.Him scoring today against the mighty Cheltenham is surely of bugger all interest and significance to what is ahead of Norwich City FC and the remainder of this season.

Still irrelevant and boring threads are your speciality and i take it your bitter and twisted stance has been brought about by you not starting the thread first.

By the way my correct title is now Vice President of NCISA if you must insist on dragging them into it.

There you have it......No Inner Circle needed to gang up on you and help me out.

[/quote]

Dear God!!!

No wonder............

OTBC

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely based on that opinion then we should be showing more of an interest in Adeyemi. As that suggests Cody is not wanted here and that Adeyemi is out on loan to show us what he can do.
[/quote]

I think because we are struggling to score goals people will take note of our strikers out on loan.

[/quote]

If we are struggling to score goals why are we the 3rd highest scorers in The Championship.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ncfcfan"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="ncfcfan"]What a surprise a Mcdonald thread! How come we never got one for Adeyemi yesterday when he scored?[/quote]

[/quote]Surely based on that opinion then we should be showing more of an interest in Adeyemi. As that suggests Cody is not wanted here and that Adeyemi is out on loan to show us what he can do.[/quote]

[/quote]

If we are struggling to score goals why are we the 3rd highest scorers in The Championship.

[/quote]In fairness to Bly, other than Holt, the strike rate of our strikers this season is 11 goals in 82 appearances.As has so often been covered, it''s more of a mark of our team outside of the front-line, than it is in it, that we find ourselves in such a position in the goalscoring charts.

Fulham have signed a non-league player this weekend. Ian wright started out at non-league level and look where he went. A goal scorer is a goalscorer. Cody has demonstrated he knows where the net is at any level. The goal he scored last weekend was a classic. Even if we get promoted to the Prem we would be mad not to give him a fair crack of the whip next season.

Sorry but my memory must be failing me in old age.

Cody did ok with us but I can remember thinking that he couldn''t hack a full 90 minutes and was easily knocked off the ball.

There is no doubt the boy has done really well in League 2 and has a career in football ahead of him.

As to whether he can make it in our league, well I hope so but time will tell and I prefer to leave that to Lambo and Culverhouse

i knew i shouldn''t have read this thread,it is boring, and i have to agree with tilly, ( i don''t normaly, he usually talks plop) no offence Mr T ,

but all i will say is that i hope he keeps scoring so that his price goes up, that way it will have been good business for ncfc

I''m 100% sure that if DPacheco starts to bang them in for us that the liverpool fans wont keep an eye on him and mention him on their message board.

Most fans like to keep an eye on all the loan players, but when one is scoring week in week out he deserves a mention!

Cody scores. Jackson doesn''t.

At least one of these professional footballers meets his job description; that of being a goal scorer! I know who I''d choose to have around the place...

You say Cody scores, Jackson doesn''t. Put Simeon Jackson up against Cheltenham and i would fancy his chances. We don''t hear anything about Cody when he has a quiet couple of weeks, as soon as he scores again everyone jumps on the bandwagon of slagging off Jackson & Wilbraham etc and that Cody is the answer to our problems. Problems which we don''t actually have. Scoring against Cheltenham, Barnet, Stockport etc doesn''t guarantee you will score against the likes of Leeds, QPR etc.