Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

Jeremie Aliadiere never found a club!

Not the most blessed finisher, but fast enough to compete in the 100 metre sprint.I would have thought he was worth a trial somewhere? I''d have him in a shot.He was actually offered a new contract at Boro but turned it down and left the club. He then nearly signed for West Ham in the summer but got injured in the trial. He is currently back at Arsenal, getting fit so that he can find a club in the summer. Worth a shout?

[quote user="LeJuge"]Not the most blessed finisher, but fast enough to compete in the 100 metre sprint.I would have thought he was worth a trial somewhere? I''d have him in a shot.He was actually offered a new contract at Boro but turned it down and left the club. He then nearly signed for West Ham in the summer but got injured in the trial. He is currently back at Arsenal, getting fit so that he can find a club in the summer. Worth a shout?[/quote]I wouldn''t have thought so. He has had a lot of inuries, so his pace has probably suffered, and he was never exactly a great player anyway. We could be doing better.

[quote user="LeJuge"]Not the most blessed finisher, but fast enough to compete in the 100 metre sprint.

I would have thought he was worth a trial somewhere? I''d have him in a shot.

He was actually offered a new contract at Boro but turned it down and left the club. He then nearly signed for West Ham in the summer but got injured in the trial.

He is currently back at Arsenal, getting fit so that he can find a club in the summer.

Worth a shout?
[/quote]

No!

[quote user="totlapr"]he hasnt got a club because hes shít[/quote]No, he hasn''t got a club because he rejected Boro and then got injured on trial at West Ham in the summer. But don''t let the facts stand in the way of anything.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="LeJuge"]Not the most blessed finisher, but fast enough to compete in the 100 metre sprint.I would have thought he was worth a trial somewhere? I''d have him in a shot.He was actually offered a new contract at Boro but turned it down and left the club. He then nearly signed for West Ham in the summer but got injured in the trial. He is currently back at Arsenal, getting fit so that he can find a club in the summer. Worth a shout?[/quote]I wouldn''t have thought so. He has had a lot of inuries, so his pace has probably suffered, and he was never exactly a great player anyway. We could be doing better.[/quote]But he can play right wing, and we don''t have any right wingers, so whilst we perhaps COULD be doing better, we haven''t done better yet.

I have always followed Arsenal through the years and have to say he looked good as a youngster there and i thought he had a lot of potential. I was very surprised to see him without a club this season and then more surprised he hasn''t been picked up by someone for a bit of extra firepower. It didn''t go well for him at Boro and i think he was on some high wages, so i wonder if that has been a stumbling block for him finding a club. I don''t think he would add much to our club at this time of the season, but could have done a job given some time had he come on say 6 month deal in January, or at least offered him a pay as you play deal, better than not having a club at all!I may be over rating him, but i got faith in Lambert and expect Aliadiere''s personality isn''t what we are looking for

I like most other City supporters, would rather see us not signing a right winger than signing a striker, paying his wages to play out of position just because we haven''t found anyone else. Strange statement.

I suggested this back in January. Supposedly he also had a trial or was due one at Newcastle.

I can''t see the problem with at least doing the same for him.

People that right him off without really giving it thought are probably doing so now that we have two other loanees having just arrived.

I think Aliadiare could be a good shout for a team in the championship, I seem to remember he can play either flank as well as up front, tricksy too.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="LeJuge"]Not the most blessed finisher, but fast enough to compete in the 100 metre sprint.

He was actually offered a new contract at Boro but turned it down and left the club. He then nearly signed for West Ham in the summer but got injured in the trial.

He is currently back at Arsenal, getting fit so that he can find a club in the summer.

Worth a shout?
[/quote]

I wouldn''t have thought so. He has had a lot of inuries, so his pace has probably suffered, and he was never exactly a great player anyway. We could be doing better.
[/quote]

But he can play right wing, and we don''t have any right wingers, so whilst we perhaps COULD be doing better, we haven''t done better yet.
[/quote]

Done better than what ????

[quote user="LeJuge"]Not the most blessed finisher, but fast enough to compete in the 100 metre sprint.

Worth a shout?
[/quote]

We''ve got someone in that ilk already.   His name is Simeon Jackson.....

[quote user="priceyrice"]I have always followed Arsenal through the years and have to say he looked good as a youngster there and i thought he had a lot of potential. I was very surprised to see him without a club this season and then more surprised he hasn''t been picked up by someone for a bit of extra firepower. It didn''t go well for him at Boro and i think he was on some high wages, so i wonder if that has been a stumbling block for him finding a club. I don''t think he would add much to our club at this time of the season, but could have done a job given some time had he come on say 6 month deal in January, or at least offered him a pay as you play deal, better than not having a club at all!I may be over rating him, but i got faith in Lambert and expect Aliadiere''s personality isn''t what we are looking for[/quote]It didn''t go too badly for him at Boro, they offered him a new deal at the end of last season.He didn''t do very well up front, because he is not a blessed finisher, but he DID do well on the flank, in fact he was pretty much the only threat that they did have when they first came down.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="LeJuge"]Not the most blessed finisher, but fast enough to compete in the 100 metre sprint.I would have thought he was worth a trial somewhere? I''d have him in a shot.He was actually offered a new contract at Boro but turned it down and left the club. He then nearly signed for West Ham in the summer but got injured in the trial. He is currently back at Arsenal, getting fit so that he can find a club in the summer. Worth a shout?[/quote]

We''ve got someone in that ilk already.   His name is Simeon Jackson.....

[/quote]Yes, because Simeon Jackson can play on the left or right wing

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]I like most other City supporters, would rather see us not signing a right winger than signing a striker, paying his wages to play out of position just because we haven''t found anyone else. Strange statement.[/quote]

If you are saying that you would rather us not sign a striker to play on the wing, although you could be saying pretty anything or even speaking a different language, then your argument is a plain stupid one.He plays as both a winger and a striker, always has done, for Arsenal, for the France under 21''s, and for Boro. Playing a right winger on the right wing is not playing out of position. He is a player who has always switched between striker and winger. Just like playing Darren Huckerby, originally a striker, on the left wing was not playing him out of position. Just like playing Paul McVeigh behind the forwards, despite him starting as a striker, was not playing him out of position. Just like playing Wes Hoolohan "in the hole", despite him coming here as a left winger, is not playing him out of position. He is an f''in winger, he always has been, just as he is a striker. He can play more than two positions, in fact he can play three positions.

I think Aliadiere is a case of havig the right manager and finding the right position for him.  He isn''t a great striker but is he an out and out winger?  If there is anyone who can get the best our of someone like Aliadiere it is Lambert but he is a risk and it is whether Lambert would want to take that risk.

I think he would be worth a shout on trial in the summer.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="LeJuge"]Not the most blessed finisher, but fast enough to compete in the 100 metre sprint.I would have thought he was worth a trial somewhere? I''d have him in a shot.He was actually offered a new contract at Boro but turned it down and left the club. He then nearly signed for West Ham in the summer but got injured in the trial. He is currently back at Arsenal, getting fit so that he can find a club in the summer. Worth a shout?[/quote]I wouldn''t have thought so. He has had a lot of inuries, so his pace has probably suffered, and he was never exactly a great player anyway. We could be doing better.[/quote]But he can play right wing, and we don''t have any right wingers, so whilst we perhaps COULD be doing better, we haven''t done better yet.[/quote]

Done better than what ????

[/quote]Until we have signed a right winger, seeing as we don''t possess any, we haven''t done any better than Jeremie Aliadiere. If we get promoted, or indeed if we don''t, I suspect that Lambert will being somebody in who can put a decent shift in as a right winger. If we sign somebody on the right wing who is head and shoulders above Aliadiere, then I will say fair enough. All we have at the moment is a bloke on loan who is not our player, will never be our player, and will go somewhere else next year just like Fraser Forster did.Who would you sign, on the right wing?