Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

When Worthy saved us 200,000 pounds

By moving on the striker who scored 2 goals for us in 48 appearances and is now sought out by Archant to pontificate on the potential of Pacheco

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/4156/38/

Hmm.

OTBC

Paul Dalglish wasn''t a striker, he played on the right hand side of midfield IIRC.  And he was crap at it, too.  I preferred Cedric Anselin, whose father ran a boulangerie.

When Cedric Anselin played for us I was in Year 11 at school, and during an art lesson me and another friend who was also a season ticket holder painted a banner saying ''Bring Anselin back'' when he wasn''t getting a game...

...when we took it to the game we realised we couldn''t actually stick it up with anything, so we ate some fruit pastilles and tried to stick it to the advertising hoardings behind us (we sat on back row) Alas, it didn''t work, we looked like idiots and Anselin ended up living in a caravan in Gorleston.

I am stumped as to what point the OP is trying to make here? Just because he was a crap footballer does that make his opinion any less valid? As an ex-canary, someone who has played under Lambert and the son of Kenny Dalglish the links are all there. Perhaps though the most telling remark is in the report itself;

Despite Pacheco’s small build, Dalglish, a regular observer of the Reds’ reserve and youth teams, is confident the forward will handle the rigours of Championship football – especially given City’s style of play.

Perhaps our resident Canary Historian and pseudo-manager can give us a more qualified opinion of Pacheco? I hear that Coconut TV offers better coverage than LFC TV...

Yet again a post started by Bly that goes back to the Worthington era trying to draw comparisons to the Paul Lambert reign circa 2011.Why does he keep doing it? Is he an attention seeker?[:P]

No doubt during the week in the lead up to the Scunny game he will start a thread informing us that Michael Nelson once played for Norwich City and that Ron Ashman managed both clubs.[;)]

We all freely offer our opinions on anything and everything to do with the club, so I don''t really see it being a problem that Paul Dalglish does the same!

Thats all they are-opinions. Free and exclusive to those that offer them. No harm done.

In fairness apart from a handful of games both Paul Dalglish and Cedric Anselin were p iss poor for Norwich City!

I never understood the hero worship Anselin got from some of the regulars cause apart from a stormer away at Oxford and a couple of home games he didn''t produce!

Dalglish proved in a very few brief appearances that he could be good but most of the time he wasn''t and rather lived off his surname!

Just shows how far we have come since them days in the late 90''s early 00''s which a lot of credit has to go to Worthy!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Yet again a post started by Bly that goes back to the Worthington era trying to draw comparisons to the Paul Lambert reign circa 2011.Why does he keep doing it? Is he an attention seeker?[:P]

No doubt during the week in the lead up to the Scunny game he will start a thread informing us that Michael Nelson once played for Norwich City and that Ron Ashman managed both clubs.[;)]

[/quote]

Perthaps he is Worthy''s love child or vice versa.

Shush. We do not want to get on the wrong side of Kenny and he might well be reading this forum just now.

Seriously, that''s a very good connection for PL to have, irrespective of the role young Paul played at Carrow Road. I never thought he was too bad actually, had his father''s skill at times but something was missing in his game.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Don''t forget that Scunny had Kevin Keegan and we had Kevin Keelan, how weird is that....

Oh, and they are called The Iron.......and we had Billy Steele. 

The similarities are remarkable. I''m sure there''s more.....

[:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Don''t forget that Scunny had Kevin Keegan and we had Kevin Keelan, how weird is that....

[/quote]Yes - if you look closely enough, you''ll see that "Scunthorpe" contains Glenn Roeder''s nickname.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Yes - if you look closely enough, you''ll see that "Scunthorpe" contains Glenn Roeder''s nickname.

[/quote]Oh yeah! THOR! The god of thunder........

[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Yes - if you look closely enough, you''ll see that "Scunthorpe" contains Glenn Roeder''s nickname.

[/quote]

Yeah and i forgot that Bly and Roeder share the same nickname.The coincidences are just stacking up.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Yes - if you look closely enough, you''ll see that "Scunthorpe" contains Glenn Roeder''s nickname.[/quote]

Yeah and i forgot that Bly and Roeder share the same nickname.The coincidences are just stacking up.

[/quote]What, Bly''s nickname is "Thor" as well?  As my dear old Mum used to say, "tha''s a rum old world."

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Yes - if you look closely enough, you''ll see that "Scunthorpe" contains Glenn Roeder''s nickname.

[/quote]

[/quote]

By the way, Plod, that reminds me of somebody telling me that in your Chairman nCIsA days you used to try and ingratiate yourself with Roeder and cuddle up - but he wouldn''t give you the time of day. Is that right or was I misled?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] By the way, Plod, that reminds me of somebody telling me that in your Chairman nCIsA days you used to try and ingratiate yourself with Roeder and cuddle up - but he wouldn''t give you the time of day. Is that right or was I misled? OTBC[/quote]

Totally wrong again Bly,I in fact chaired the NCISA forum when Roeder was the guest speaker and the photos to prove it were on the NCISA website.It certainly did not mean i liked the man but then again getting back to your misguided information i wonder who made the phone calls that brought about getting him there on the evening?.Work it out for yourself.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] By the way, Plod, that reminds me of somebody telling me that in your Chairman nCIsA days you used to try and ingratiate yourself with Roeder and cuddle up - but he wouldn''t give you the time of day. Is that right or was I misled? OTBC[/quote]

Totally wrong again Bly,I in fact chaired the NCISA forum when Roeder was the guest speaker and the photos to prove it were on the NCISA website.It certainly did not mean i liked the man but then again getting back to your misguided information i wonder who made the phone calls that brought about getting him there on the evening?.Work it out for yourself.

[/quote]

You are talking about one event in his 15 months or so as manager

My information is that he only went to your forum because Delia told him to. Hence he was rather more testy than usual.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] You are talking about one event in his 15 months or so as manager My information is that he only went to your forum because Delia told him to. Hence he was rather more testy than usual. OTBC[/quote]

So you think Delia decides on such matters do you? She decides who goes to meet the fans at forums etc.? Interesting theory that i am afraid to say was not the case and never was.In fact at the forum he was less objectionable than he became later in his tenure.You really have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about but let us not let facts get in the way of your " information".

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]You are talking about one event in his 15 months or so as manager My information is that he only went to your forum because Delia told him to. Hence he was rather more testy than usual. OTBC

[/quote]Hehe Bly, you have a great sense of humus! [:D]

ps. Stop quoting....even a child can see it doesn''t work.

Mind you, it probably looks normal through your ganja glazed eyes. [8-|]

This is funny. It really is.

Especially the rather desperate prose emanating from that Chase Out remnant now babbling from the self-perceived lofty heights of VP nCIsA.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]This is funny. It really is. [/quote]

As always. I like to have a good chuckle at the responses to your threads.

Paul Dalglish was a woeful player in a woeful team!The only reason we didnt get relegated to league 1 at that time is because of Iwan and his goals.... We owe Iwan more credit than any other city player because given the state of the club at the time had we of gone down back then we wouldn''t have survived.in 1999-2000 we scored 46 goals all season.. Iwan scored 23 of them.... it doesnt take a genius to work out what would have happened if he hadn''t!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]This is funny. It really is. Especially the rather desperate prose emanating from that Chase Out remnant now babbling from the self-perceived lofty heights of VP nCIsA. OTBC[/quote]

Glad to see that correcting you on your mistakes and giving you the facts is seen by you as funny Bly.The irony of you of all people making out that i am " babbling" is not lost on me.I think it was you who made an issue of me being ex chairman of NCISA so i gave you my current position within NCISA.You forgot my twelve years as treasurer so maybe you would like to throw the title ex treasurer around at your earliest opportunity.Good to see that Chase still wrangles with you after all these years.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]This is funny. It really is. Especially the rather desperate prose emanating from that Chase Out remnant now babbling from the self-perceived lofty heights of VP nCIsA. OTBC[/quote]

Glad to see that correcting you on your mistakes and giving you the facts is seen by you as funny Bly.The irony of you of all people making out that i am " babbling" is not lost on me.I think it was you who made an issue of me being ex chairman of NCISA so i gave you my current position within NCISA.You forgot my twelve years as treasurer so maybe you would like to throw the title ex treasurer around at your earliest opportunity.Good to see that Chase still wrangles with you after all these years.

[/quote]

......rankles......

Are you quite sure you passed GCSE English?

OTBC

Bly some 24 hours ago you took this thread off topic by bringing Roeder and a NCISA forum that he attended into the picture for reasons best known to you.Can we move on or are going to labour the point whatever that may be still further?

As you say OTBC at the end of every post which obviously means Old Tiresome Bly Crap.[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Bly some 24 hours ago you took this thread off topic by bringing Roeder and a NCISA forum that he attended into the picture for reasons best known to you.Can we move on or are going to labour the point whatever that may be still further?

As you say OTBC at the end of every post which obviously means Old Tiresome Bly Crap.[:P]

[/quote]

.....belabour......

My query asked & answered methinks.

Over and out

OTBC