Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Who gets butterflies

Come on then own up who gets the butterflies when they think of the last eight games and how close we are to promotion - I admit I have just been reading the pink-un headlines regarding eight managers etc and my stomach is turning - thinking of the games we have got left and will we hold our nerve and get better results than the others or will saturday for instance be another Doncaster or Preston - don''t think I can cope although I know deep down that there is nothing on this earth that I can do about it

If you''re getting butterflies think of what the players must be feeling like. Not only do they know its in their hands, they need to go out to get 3 points every game, with the increasing weight of expectation, not least thinking that if they make it to the next level they will get an above inflation pay rise ;)

.... unlike the rest of us in this country!

Very exciting times, its in our hands. Fingers crossed!!!!!

p.s I can see scunthorpe being another preston too.

As we enter BST and many celebrate their Seasonal Affective Disorder disappearing, over the past few weeks I''ve become afflicted with what I call End Of Season Affective Disorder.

Nausea, insomnia, cold sweats...

Nicely written article by Chris Lakey. Didn''t really give me butterflies though. Was mainly thinking, how much longer will this article go on for because I really need a dump.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Nicely written article by Chris Lakey. Didn''t really give me butterflies though. Was mainly thinking, how much longer will this article go on for because I really need a dump.[/quote]That''s what the mobile site is for...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Nicely written article by Chris Lakey. Didn''t really give me butterflies though. Was mainly thinking, how much longer will this article go on for because I really need a dump.[/quote]That''s what the mobile site is for...[/quote]Isn''t mobile site another name for a Portaloo, Pete ...........

I must admit, ive had em for a few days now, even prior to reading Lakeys article ( I also felt it drag on as I wished I had a ''mobile site). I''ve already pre warned the mrs to expect me to cry. run around naked, shout, cry, runa round naked etc if we go up. I do honestly think with a little help from other teams losing it, we could go up! SO EXCITED. That said, if we dont go up i''m totally satisifed we would have had a great season, above and beyong any expectation :)

I do too. Its the fact we are so close, and having watched so many Norwich teams struggle over the past few years (bar last year) I cant help but have an expectation that we are just going to fade away and end up with a play off spot. The same happens whenever the ball is in our end of the pitch, I am so used to us making mistakes at the back that whenever the ball is in front of goal I get all nervous that the opposition are going to score. I think we have all got to have faith in Lambert that he has the task in hand and will prepare the players in the best way possible, I think Russell Martin''s comments seemed to suggest this, and from the togetherness we have in the team I am sure the players will do their best to support eachother if things are getting to them. 

i don''t get butterflies but my toes start curling back near the end of games. against bristol city my big toe hit the third stripe on my adidas.

Get them all the time at the moment and fund myself thinking all the time about the last 8 games. Going to miss my first home game since Watford on Saturday - gutted but will be glued to something or other to listen! Can''t get commentary in Northampton so might have to phone home and get the wife to put her phone next to the radio!

youre right there Jem, no commentary in Northampton but you can get the phone in with Neil Adams!! Don''t worry will text you some updates from the game.

I can''t say I get the butterflies reading the articles but if we are not winning come the 70th minute on Saturday I will defintely have the butterflies!

Also the Swansea game is going to be like hell to watch!  I remember Leeds at home last season when my heart was thumping all through the game and then when Super Chrissy Martin scored it all came out in relief!  I think Swansea could be the same!!!!

Thanks Rupe - on rugby tour with sons team and watching Northampton saints

[quote user="Jem"]Thanks Rupe - on rugby tour with sons team and watching Northampton saints[/quote]

If you have Internet on your phone you can get text commentary from both the BBC and the Canaries mobile sites. If you have a smart phone you can use Fotmob 6.0 for goal alerts.

[quote user="Jem"]Get them all the time at the moment and fund myself thinking all the time about the last 8 games. Going to miss my first home game since Watford on Saturday - gutted but will be glued to something or other to listen! Can''t get commentary in Northampton so might have to phone home and get the wife to put her phone next to the radio![/quote]

Remind me to sit near you then mate !! Can`t believe we organised this date.