Sign in to follow this  
i need to be entertained

Ipswich away

[quote user="Badcanary"]The police moved it from good friday. (cheaper for them as they don''t have to pay extra £££££)[/quote]

The Norfolk and Suffolk Constabs do rather like to play up to the often held opinion that both counties are a bit backward. Other Derbies are played on a Saturday/Friday evening but apparently our''s is the most vicious and dangerous in the UK.

If they had their way, our local derby would be played at 08:00am on a Sunday morning.

Ipswich said that “extensive discussions have taken place recently between Town and Suffolk Constabulary and it has been agreed to bring the match forward to avoid potential problems and the possible significantly increased costs which playing over the Easter holiday period may have generated”.

A club spokesperson added: “Supporters have voiced varying concerns over the date of the fixture; travel difficulties due to a Bank Holiday limited service as well as a desire to mark Good Friday in a traditional religious manner "

So you decide -

1. Possible travel problems

2. The rustics remembering Jesus being nailed up

4. The paupers desperate to save a bit of money

It''s so both Ipswich and Norwich fans can get ppissed up and violent during the day time before an EVENING EAST ANGLIAN DERBY, the Lakenham Firm then can start a riot with the deluded Rozzer Scummers and everybody can sleep it off on Good Friday.Thumbs up.

Is thier going to be a football special from Norwich, I went a long way to get the match moved to my sons birthday,

[quote user="Badcanary"]The police moved it from good friday. (cheaper for them as they don''t have to pay extra £££££)[/quote]It was them who moved it to Good Friday (before they realised how much it would cost being a Bank Holiday) and then to the Thursday, it was originally scheduled for 3pm on the Saturday and they couldn''t move it to the Sunday as they normally would due to games on the Monday.

city1st.

Ipswich said that “extensive discussions have taken place recently between Town and Suffolk Constabulary and it has been agreed to bring the match forward to avoid potential problems and the possible significantly increased costs which playing over the Easter holiday period may have generated”.

A club spokesperson added: “Supporters have voiced varying concerns over the date of the fixture; travel difficulties due to a Bank Holiday limited service as well as a desire to mark Good Friday in a traditional religious manner "

So you decide -

Clubs only pay for the coppers inside the ground and they rarely put any in. Outside it is up the Old Bill and their own risk assessments.

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]as we open old orleans (or whatever its now called) for them i take it they will open the station hotel for us....i remember some great pre derby match drinks in there in the late 90''s.....[/quote]

I remember a night when a brick came through the window. May have been a Friday and possibly when Bellars scored the winner...post match was a riot as the scummers tried to get to us. I''d parked at the station and had to run the gauntlet between the police and the cockneys

[quote user="City1st"]Ipswich said that “extensive discussions have taken place recently between Town and Suffolk Constabulary and it has been agreed to bring the match forward to avoid potential problems and the possible significantly increased costs which playing over the Easter holiday period may have generated”. A club spokesperson added: “Supporters have voiced varying concerns over the date of the fixture; travel difficulties due to a Bank Holiday limited service as well as a desire to mark Good Friday in a traditional religious manner " So you decide - 1. Possible travel problems 2. The rustics remembering Jesus being nailed up 4. The paupers desperate to save a bit of money[/quote]

3.  ?

"Outside it is up the Old Bill and their own risk assessments"

Cost assesments more like - as the idea of moving the game to the evening to "avoid potential problems" is farcical.

As is the suggestion regarding the rustics marking "Good Friday in a traditional religious manner ". What that ? A half a dozen Hot Cross Bins while leafing through a endless pages of fading, dog eared press clippings of their glorious history (no religious concerns for games played on Sundays, though).

So it must be Plod working out that locking up a few extra, over exited halfwits from both sides of the border will be cheaper than paying whatever wonga it would cost to have their finest out on a bank holiday.

Given the number of City fans who already have tickets and the probability of us having something to celebrate this has all the makings of ''a very interesting'' occassion.

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]city1st.

So you decide -

Clubs only pay for the coppers inside the ground and they rarely put any in. Outside it is up the Old Bill and their own risk assessments.[/quote]

Was talking to an Ipswich rozzer on Sat night. He says its down the the Paupers trying to save money on the policing costs.Totally their decision.

Said he was glad he was not on duty on that night.

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]Yellow blood - I was there that night too, all sorts thrown at us by the s c u m...... Horse cra p, bottles and bricks. I will find out if they are opening for city fans if not it''s riverside all afternoon then late train to scumville[/quote]

I was at our last meeting at Portaloo rd, and now Rellish the chance to return the "we''ll never play you again". It''s a Damn pity Paul Jewell has got them to saftey,or has he, I''d just love them to mess up big time now

If we are heading for promotion by the time we visit poorman road I hope our fans will not gloat by waving mony at our impoverished neighbours.