Sign in to follow this  
BarclayBoy

Norwich City, 'The Championship's Arsenal'

Hi guys,Just found this article on marca.com (the spanish equivalent to bbc sport)They''re calling norwich the championships arsenal - first time i''ve heard that one :)Also a few things about our new boy Pacheco.Anyway this is quite a good read for anyone that can understand spanish, or try translating it.Toby

Thats good reading, although Ill leave it to someone who achieved above GCSE spanish to translate

One thing I have always wondered (while watching el classico usually) is whether our leagues below the premiership were as unheard of to them as theirs our to us but if what del norte says is true thats not the case and is good to hear.

Thanks for the link

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Thats good reading, although Ill leave it to someone who achieved above GCSE spanish to translate One thing I have always wondered (while watching el classico usually) is whether our leagues below the premiership were as unheard of to them as theirs our to us but if what del norte says is true thats not the case and is good to hear. Thanks for the link[/quote]

Yeah that''s what I thought too. Also when I went to Thailand a few years ago they have all heard of Norwich City, was kind of surprised.

used google translate on the story, makes a bit more senseThe Norwich City run from Tuesday to Spanish Dani Pacheco in their ranks. Your city is located in the county of Norfolk, eastern England. Their stadium, Carrow Road, has a capacity of 27,000 spectators. In home games is bordering on full, half of 26,500 fans attend the camp to encourage the Norwich City FC. One of them is named James Robinson, a faithful follower of the ''Canaries''. MARCA.com James tells how the new team of Dani Pacheco.

[Photo from the news]

Several fans are encouraged to Norwich.

PHOTO: JAMES ROBINSON

"We

have a hobby that encourages the team win, lose or draw. The stand sing

for 90 minutes and I''m sure we''ll create a song for Pacheco. We have

high hopes for him. We have a real chance of playing in next season
Premier, "says James Robinson. The Norwich City FC last season reached the League One to the Championship. Now, second with 67 points, looking directly up to the top flight of English football. The winner is the Queens Park with 76.

James Robinson''s words spread optimism. "Paul

Lambert, Norwich FC Scottish coach, has created a great team with its

own philosophy. This has led with eight games to go in the season, the

club has serious options for promotion to the Premier League."
And is that the ''canaries'' make a touch football and a very attractive style. Quick passing and attacking play. So much so that many have dubbed the Norwich City as the ''Arsenal of the Championship. "

He finished third in the Premiership in 1992/93

James

Robinson observes that "the Norwich finished third in the Premiership

in the 1992/93 marketing year. He has twice won the League Cup, one in

1985."
In that game Pacheco''s new team beat Sunderland 1-0 at Wembley Stadium.

THE DATA

1993 The Norwich City is the only British team has won at Bayern Munich in the old Olympic Stadium in Munich. It was the October 20, 1993.

Is a computer that also has tasted the honey of a European competition. "In 1993/94, the Norwich City played in the UEFA Cup and was in the third round," recalls James. Another

fact to approximate the rich history that has this club is that Norwich

is the only British team has won at Bayern Munich in the old Olympic

Stadium in Munich.
The next year the ''canaries'' celebrated its 110 anniversary of the founding of the club and want to do in the Premier League.

James Robinson also wanted to send a message to Dani Pacheco. "I

wish him all the luck in the world. All the fans want to succeed here.

We have some very important games. If you help us climb to the Premier,

will always be wanted in Norwich."
So the English fans.

Not sure our football is similar to Arsenal''s but pleasant to see us on Marca.

Really enjoyed the Google translation. PArticularly when the computer tasted the honey

That epithet is a bit of a two edged sword if you ask me.

Arsenal haven''t won anything now for almost as long as since we were last in the Prem.

OTBC

LOL.

Is about all i have to say on that. I watched us against Bristol and I don''t think i counted more than 4 passes completed in any one move. This will probably get flamed however my point being, the team of players we have are quite clearly good enough at this level to be near the top (second position). By this virtue they can keep the ball and make passes.

Should we make the premiership, time and space won''t be afforded and the pass completion rate will drop....alot.

LOL. Swansea remain by far the best passing team in this league. We''re okay when we want to be, but hardly the Arsenal of this league.

[quote user="hairycanary"]used google translate on the story, makes a bit more sense

The Norwich City run from Tuesday to Spanish Dani Pacheco in their ranks. [/quote]

Presumably that means Pacheco and Vokes are arriving today, will we get an interview(s) in the EDP later I wonder?

We are more like the championship Barcelona. Unlike arsenal our work rate off the ball is amazing. The Bristol game remaindered me of Barce v Arsenal, every-time we lost the ball they we pressurised and gave them no time on the ball.

[quote user="CDMullins"]De Ja Vu, I wrote this on here a little while ago.[/quote]

Aye,you did.Hucks also mentioned it in one of his write ups.I can''t remember the game,but i think it wasn''t that complimentary.It was the frustrating Arsenal style that they have.Lots of great passing,keeping the ball but once at the oppo''s box,start ''overplaying'',one too many touches etc.

[quote user="Rob Sims"]

LOL.

Is about all i have to say on that. I watched us against Bristol and I don''t think i counted more than 4 passes completed in any one move. This will probably get flamed however my point being, the team of players we have are quite clearly good enough at this level to be near the top (second position). By this virtue they can keep the ball and make passes.

Should we make the premiership, time and space won''t be afforded and the pass completion rate will drop....alot.

[/quote]Actually in the Premiership you get a lot more time and space on the ball, the Championship is certainly more hustle and bustle and you get knocked around and have far less time in the ball, the main difference is, in the Premiership, little mistakes (mislaid passes etc) result in punishment far more often than in the Championship. In my opinion ;)