Sign in to follow this  
rondy

Upper Barclay?

What''s it like? Ive always sat in the lower but I''m borrowing a mate''s ST for the Scunny game and was wondering what the atmosphere''s like up there - do you lot get involved as much as much as the lower? Is continuous standing allowed/accepted in D and E block or is it saved more for the exciting moments?Are you in the Upper because you get a better view and would prefer to sit there, or would you like to be in the lower but cant get in there as its the hardest part of the ground to get a ST? just curious..Ive always thought it was a real shame that when they rebuilt the Barclay the club just mirrored the River End exactly, when surely a one tied bank with 6-7000 capacity would''ve been so much better - the atmosphere would be incredible! Sitting in the lower, you kind of forget that the Upper tiers is even there!

I can talk for the A block in the upper tier...atmosphere is good but you''ll get an ear full from a steward if you stand, unless it''s during an ''exciting'' moment. View is better than the lower barclay but atmosphere is slightly watered down I would say, but still much better than the other 3 stands!

Agree with what Largey says. The Upper is a good compromise for me as I take my kids and if everyone stood they wouldn''t see much of the game!

Agree with everyone else , standing is not really permitted except when something exciting happens , I am in A block right at the front and I have to say that I would never change this seat. No one in front , extra leg room and a perfect view, the wall and and a resess underneath to stand drinks program and other bits on. 

The atmosphere is slightly watered down , but as I am right next to the snake-pit its pretty good really

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Agree with everyone else , standing is not really permitted except when something exciting happens , I am in A block right at the front and I have to say that I would never change this seat. No one in front , extra leg room and a perfect view, the wall and and a resess underneath to stand drinks program and other bits on. 

The atmosphere is slightly watered down , but as I am right next to the snake-pit its pretty good really

[/quote]Careful what you say, they will stick an extra row in there during the summer.

[quote user="morty"]Agree with what Largey says. The Upper is a good compromise for me as I take my kids and if everyone stood they wouldn''t see much of the game![/quote]

Word on the street is that the nutty family may be moved upstairs next season[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]Agree with what Largey says. The Upper is a good compromise for me as I take my kids and if everyone stood they wouldn''t see much of the game![/quote]

Word on the street is that the nutty family may be moved upstairs next season[:O]

[/quote]

Noo! I hope I am not responsible for driving you away. Be straight with me, is it my halitosis or my Roy Hattersley style chanting that has meant you have been covered in spittle?

It''s none of those things limp..

We need to expand to three seats, not because I take up two, but because it''s time for the two nutty grandsons to attend. So we need to relocate to seats that can be used to sit on.

Imagine what it would have been like for you if you went in the 1970''s / 1980''s

cheers for the replies.. am looking forward to it, especially for the better view – sitting mid way up the Barclay lower its pretty hard to what the hell''s going on when the ball''s up in the River End penalty area!

I just got my tickets for the Derby game and It''ll be the debut cara rud visit for my 5 year old boy...although I copped out a bit and got 2 in the JarrOLD stand...but he is only 5. I''m delighted to be taking him...I cant wait.

...it wasn''t quite the same in the mid 70''s when my dear old Dad thought it quite enough to bring along a club crate and stand me on it in the corner of the Barclay (now the snakepit side); still he did used to ask the boys in front to move to the side so I could see the game - chin on railing and all!

Ahh, the memories...(sorry, I went off somewhere then)

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="morty"]Agree with what Largey says. The Upper is a good compromise for me as I take my kids and if everyone stood they wouldn''t see much of the game![/quote]

Imagine what it would have been like for you if you went in the 1970''s / 1980''s[/quote]I didn''t have kids in the 70''s or 80''s. And if I did chances are I wouldn''t have taken them to football, its a much more family orientated business these days.[:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I struggled to get decent seats and it took a few "moves and shakes" before I got the seats I have now, which I''m very happy with![:)]