Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

First of all, can I thank every one of you who posted a nap this week. International weeks are always hard and choice is inevitably limited. Whether or not I can pull it off for you, you deserve to win this week!

OK, so what are the final six? I''ve thought long and hard but decided not to go for England as I just don''t trust this current squad when the pressure''s on, and it will be! As for the other options I was very close to picking several but being a bit lily livered I just didn''t feel quite right about them. So, with no further ado, I''m going for:

GERMANY to beat Kazakhstan (this is also my nap) (Home win)

BRIGHTON to beat Swindon. (Home win)

YORK to beat Histon. (Home win)

ALFRETON to beat Hyde. (Home win)

BRAINTREE to beat Maidenhead. (Home win)

GREECE to beat Malta. (Away win)

Thanks again to all of you and let''s hope that Lady Luck smiles on us![<:o)]

I just hope, given the week''s events, that Nutty remembers it''s Saturday tomorrow and gets the bet on.....[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

First of all, can I thank every one of you who posted a nap this week. International weeks are always hard and choice is inevitably limited. Whether or not I can pull it off for you, you deserve to win this week!

OK, so what are the final six? I''ve thought long and hard but decided not to go for England as I just don''t trust this current squad when the pressure''s on, and it will be! As for the other options I was very close to picking several but being a bit lily livered I just didn''t feel quite right about them. So, with no further ado, I''m going for:

GERMANY to beat Kazakhstan (this is also my nap) (Home win)

BRIGHTON to beat Swindon. (Home win)

YORK to beat Histon. (Home win)

ALFRETON to beat Hyde. (Home win)

BRAINTREE to beat Maidenhead. (Home win)

GREECE to beat Malta. (Away win)

Thanks again to all of you and let''s hope that Lady Luck smiles on us![<:o)]

I just hope, given the week''s events, that Nutty remembers it''s Saturday tomorrow and gets the bet on.....[;)]

[/quote]

Thank you for these Beaus. It''s obvious you taken a lot of trouble over selecting the six. They look nailed on to me and I really hope your name is on Rays line of fame on Saturday night.

I think you are right to have concerns about me actually knowing what day it is after my performance this week! Wednesday became Tuesday, Thursday became Wednesday and then we suddenly lost a complete week and ended up in April! But thanks to Leedscanary and The Butler I got back on track. It''s got to be a winning week, hasn''t it?

You''ve done the right thing not going for England Beaus,I''d have done the same thing. You just can''t trust them at the moment.

Well good luck this week mate, hopefully we can get some more money into the pot this year.  I''m heading back to England this week where I expect:Brighton to beat SwindonGood luck mate, and all the best of all you Pups.  Sorry about the lateness of the pick, I''ve been hopeless the last two weeks!!

Good choice Slim, i''ll join you on that... Cant see Borats boys getting anything other than a 4 or 5 nil pasting....

Germany to beat the Kazakhs

Good luck everyone

I''ll go for a BRIGHTON win please.Robin, very sorry for not getting you a selection earlier in the week , mate it has been a very hectic week for me.The picks look like winners to me, but are you sure there isn''t one you want to SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH???????????????????????????[:)]Leedscanary

Sorry about being late this week. They look like good selections. This week I will also be picking Brighton to beat Swindon. Good luck everyone, especially Beauseant :)

[quote user="leedscanary"]I''ll go for a BRIGHTON win please.

Robin, very sorry for not getting you a selection earlier in the week , mate it has been a very hectic week for me.

The picks look like winners to me, but are you sure there isn''t one you want to
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH???????????????????????????

[:)]

Leedscanary
[/quote]

No Kev, but I think you need to

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE UUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Beauseant and Billy Dixon we have...

8/15

Brighton

1:00 Sat

4/11

York

3:00 Sat

2/7

Alfreton

2/7

Braintree

1/33

Germany

7:00 Sat

1/4

Greece

7:30 Sat

Which will win for the Academy £34.51p. I ran the same bet through Boyle Sports and the return would only be £24.19. Which once again is a huge difference, half as much again in fact! Don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us. Just to emphasise that I have done an ambitious line of 9 homes this weekend to a fiver. The potential winnings are £183 with Boyle but with Billy it’s £370. So if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted.

So now it’s "game on". Our matches start with Brighton this lunchtime and finish with Greece this evening. With the Canaries having a weekend off we can focus the power of the PUPs on getting Beauseant’s six home and getting his name onto our line of fame.

Good luck everyone....[:)].......

Sorry for being late but it''s been a long week. I did look ealier in teh week but couldn''t find anything otehr than the obvious but as I''m already late.....

I''ll jump on the Germany band wagon too.

Davo

I''m sorry Beaus, it looks like the nutty jinx has struck again. Alfreton drew 0-0. I am having an awful season at this and even the bankers i pick let me down.

All your others were right with the two internationals to go.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m sorry Beaus, it looks like the nutty jinx has struck again. Alfreton drew 0-0. I am having an awful season at this and even the bankers i pick let me down.

[/quote]

No apologies needed Nutty, it looked nailed on, which is why I chose it (like Juve v Catania last year!). I actually rather hope that one of the other games goes against form so it''s not two picking weeks and two 5 out of 6s for me!

Thanks again to all you great Pups, you deserved better!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No apologies needed Nutty, it looked nailed on, which is why I chose it (like Juve v Catania last year!). I actually rather hope that one of the other games goes against form so it''s not two picking weeks and two 5 out of 6s for me!

Thanks again to all you great Pups, you deserved better!

[/quote]Unlucky Beau, good effort [Y] The luck isn''t with us at the moment but at least we know all us PUPs are doing our 100% upmost to raise some more money!On to next week.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I am heading to Africa. I will go with Dem Rep of Congo HOME WIN over Mauritius. Ladbrokes has it at 1/10.

[/quote]

Apologies. Too late to be of any use, but I''ll go with NYC''s choice.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I am heading to Africa. I will go with Dem Rep of Congo HOME WIN over Mauritius. Ladbrokes has it at 1/10.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really Purple! What with your Friday selections and now this. I can only conclude you are preoccupied with a heavy project relating to the inner workings of NCFC and will shortly be delivering such insight on a high quality thread that this forum is desperately in need of. 

Thanks again Beauseant. You were so very close and it was just that one result once again. The stats show that the PUPs had a very good week but this was largely down to the three heavily selected games going to form. But of course you had to select six which wasn’t so easy.

Here are those stats: -

51 of us picked this weekend with 45 correct, making a success rate of 88%. Between us we gave Beaus 17 different selections with 11 winning making a success rate of 65%.

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. There‘s no change at the top and Beauseant increased his amazing run to 25 consecutive winning selections.

The dotted line separates the top 40 because only the top 40 at the end of the season will be assured of a go at the final selections next season.

PUP Correct Picks Season %
Beauseant [*]28-31 90
Trent Canary 30-34 88
PurpleCanary 20-23 87
Cosmic Twin 29-34 85
Inch High 29-34 85
Newyorkcanary 29-34 85
Norfolkbroadslim 29-34 85
Canary Cherub 28-34 82
Mr. Bump 28-34 82
Norfolkchance1 28-34 82
Herman 23-28 82
Ginger Pele 27-34 79
Graham Humphrey 27-34 79
Scooby 26-33 79
Sports Desk - Pete 26-33 79
Davo 26-34 76
Jed Exodus 25-33 76
Muddy funster 25-33 76
Excited Canary 21-28 75
Til 1010 25-34 74
Fonejacker 24-33 73
Hughesy 24-33 73
Sparkos 24-33 73
SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox 22-30 73
Jimbo Jetset 19-26 73
Charlie Farlie 23-32 72
Statto 24-34 71
Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps 23-33 70
Lappinitup 21-30 70
Pboro_Canary 22-32 69
Diesel Doris 23-34 68
NCFCStar 23-34 68
methcanary 21-31 68
Chelle 22-33 67
Obiwancanary 18-27 67
Big Slob 16-24 67
Dogger 16-24 67
Delia''s Devonshire.. 14-21 67
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 14-21 67
Shack Attack 14-21 67

-------------------------------------------
City-Til-I-Die 21-32 66
Tony Da''Wonderful 22-34 65
Fellas 20-31 65
Duncan Edwards 17-26 65
Yankee Canary 21-33 64
The Butler 14-22 64
GMF 20-32 63
1st Wazzock 20-33 61
Hissing Sid 20-34 59
Leedscanary 19-32 59
Cityangel 19-33 58
Mister Chops 17-30 57
nutty nigel 19-34 56
Kathy 16-29 55
Blahblahblah 16-30 53
Mandie Moo 17-33 52

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really Purple! What with your Friday selections and now this. I can only conclude you are preoccupied with a heavy project relating to the inner workings of NCFC and will shortly be delivering such insight on a high quality thread that this forum is desperately in need of. 

[/quote]

---

Yankee, did no-one ever warn you about being careful what you wish for?![:D][;)][:D] My unhelpfully late PUPs selection was down to real life intervening, but as it happens I have been working on a couple of pieces, one of which might even see the light of day soon. They would certainly both meet your definition of heavy.[8-|] Whether either is insightful is not for me to say.[;)][:P][;)]