Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Cody wants to stay at Gillingham!

I can''t blame the lad. He and his family are from down that way, he is scoring freely in that league and for them, everyone loves him down there, knows he would have competition back here so why not,

I think he will let him go even if we don''t go up.

We go up, they go up, they can have another season long loan. That way, if we have another disaster in the prem and go back to the championship, he can be our insurance policy as we''re bound to lose our best strikers if we get relegated.

If we stay up, they can have him. For a fee.

How about that? (I realise all that assumes we go up. Which i have decided we will do now, no questions asked. We are, going up, say we are going up!!)

He must be worth more than £300k he already scored 22 goals this season!!!

More like £500K is nearer the mark

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

I was told before xmas that cody didn''t want to come back here. And I did state that on a thread at the time!

[/quote]

Lets do a Barry Fry, £3.mil please, and you can have him 

Well I Had A Word With Cody After The Cheltenham Game, As I Live Locally To Cheltenham I Thought Id See How He Got On. He Said How Looking Forward He Was To Coming Back :S He Knew I Was A Norwich Fan And Was Chatting With Me For 5-10 Mins... Something Here Doesnt Add Up !!

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]maybe he was just being nice and didn''t want to offend you[/quote]

Maybe but its very weird that youd say something like that... unless of course a gills play off push with the hope that they get promoted and keep the team together. One thing I know for a fact is that Gillingham have no money. So Anything involving a fee of over £200K is outta the question. Several Gills fans where very insistant on that one

They want him. They''re skint. We will want a fee. I reckon 300-400K would be reasonable. I wonder which team out there would take a 25 + goal scorer in Div 2 for 300-400K if Gillingham can''t stump up... A few.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]They want him. They''re skint. We will want a fee. I reckon 300-400K would be reasonable. I wonder which team out there would take a 25 + goal scorer in Div 2 for 300-400K if Gillingham can''t stump up... A few.[/quote]

He''s on 22 now 8 games to go he could hit that 30 goal mark, If the Gills go up and POSH miss out on promotion we could offer him to them for £9mil lol

Unless Gillingham go up they will not be able to afford him, as with every goal his value goes up, and let usbe honest we owe no favours to Gillingham who sold us Jackson!Lambert will tell you just how hard it is to get a decent young striker and he must be worth at least 500K nowif CMS is worth 1 - 2 mill.If we do not go up I would say he needs chance to prove himself here and they can have Jackson on loan!

Cody must be in two minds about the whole situation. Considering where he came from, if Lambert was able to offer him a guarenteed place in the starting line up of the team, whether we are in the Premiership or the Championship, he would surely jump at the chance. He would have the opportunity to earn more money and prove himself at a higher level, however if we are promoted he may be back to being a squad player, and if he is to develop then its no use to him. Whereas at Gillingham he is playing great football, and is obviously enjoying playing for them so it may be that regardless of the money thrown at him through staying at Norwich, he prefers to earn his way to the top.

Whole deal was a mess ! Why we sent Cody down there on loan for Simeon Jackson is beyond me !Rather have Cody and the money wasted on Sim !!Gills got a great deal  :(

Will be interesting to see what happens with Cody after this season. This message board seems split between those who think he could hack it at this level and those who don''t. I don''t have any idea myself. We don''t know what Paul lambert thinks but a clue can be found in the fact that he gave Cody a 2 year contract at a time when it looked likely we would be promoted to the Championship.

If McDonald is sold this summer I should imagine Dartford would be entitled to a chunk of the fee through a sell on clause.

If Lambert sees something in him that he could make it then they should have a little chat and get Cody to reconsider, but if his heart is at Gillingham it''s unfair for us to keep him - good luck to the lad!

......as he is under contract it is down to Paul Lambert to make a decision. Right now it won''t even be on his agenda, wait till we find out which league we are playing in first.

He was sent out on loan to get some football under his belt, that has happened so now we know what he can do.......nice problem to have!

I think that offering Cody Mac on loan as a sweetner in the Jackson deal is one of Lambert''s few mistakes.  Probably wouldn''t have been any worse than Simeon this season.

That said, I think that Cody has found his level and if he only has a year left on his contract better to sell in the summer for a fee than let go on a free.

[quote user="Lineo"]If Lambert sees something in him that he could make it then they should have a little chat and get Cody to reconsider, but if his heart is at Gillingham it''s unfair for us to keep him - good luck to the lad![/quote]Just remember we plucked him from non-league amateur level at Dartford when Gillingham had totally ignored the talent rightunderneath their noses. We did Gillingham a huge favour in loaning him to them and if they get promotion a large part will be down to thatloan!I have to say I am disappointed Cody does not recognise that fact and demonstrate bit more loyalty to club that took him on!I always felt he is a great raw talent akin to Bellamy in his early days and feel given right management could go all the way. And let us be honest no better manager than Lambert to do that. Would be gutted if we sold him and are still in Championship as would love to see him alongside Holt.

In the Gillingham match report in todays paper it said he was being watched by a number of teams from higher divisions at the weekend.