Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Swansea travel announcement from club

First of all, it''s anyone who goes to Swansea, not just those on the coach, so it will be 2,000 people with the option of a Portsmouth ticket. You''re right that looking at the numbers, STH with 10 stubs like myself should be fine, but what about STH with 9 stubs? 8 stubs? Why are they equal to (for example) a non-member who fancies one day out on the coach for £20-30?

I''ll get a ticket but I don''t like the precedent that is set by the club sweeping aside their Customer Charter which is meant to be fixed for the whole season and which has been drawn up with consultation from supporters, as they never tire of telling us.

[quote user="Planet X"]You lot always find something to moan about.

Think about it.

The maxmium amount of people that can go to Swansea is 2000 now how many of them will travel by Canary coach ?

The Portsmouth game is on Sky and they should allocate us 3000 so who many of the 2000 who went to Swansea who actually went
via Coach who also want to go to Portsmouth ? my guess 1000 the very tops so still 2000 available as worse case scenerio

So what''s the problem ?
[/quote]

No problem with the coach travel offer. Very generous and should be applauded.

The problem is the Portsmouth ticket guarantee offer and the opportunity it gives people who would not otherwise get a ticket for that game to get one at the expense of people who are ahead of them in the club''s own priority system and more entitled to those tickets.

Is someone who goes to Swansea on a cheap travel deal more entitled to a ticket to Portsmouth than say someone who went to Leicester away?

We will not take 3,000 fans to Portsmouth on a Monday night when the game is on Sky.

We''ll get close, but anyone who wants a ticket, whether you have 10 away stubs, 100 away stubs, no away stubs, a Swansea away stub or an Ipswich Town season ticket, will get a ticket.

The club are offering cheap travel to Swansea. Good on em.

Stop moaning.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Planet X"]You lot always find something to moan about.Think about it.The maxmium amount of people that can go to Swansea is 2000 now how many of them will travel by Canary coach ? The Portsmouth game is on Sky and they should allocate us 3000 so who many of the 2000 who went to Swansea who actually wentvia Coach who also want to go to Portsmouth ? my guess 1000 the very tops so still 2000 available as worse case scenerioSo what''s the problem ?[/quote]

The problem is the Portsmouth ticket guarantee offer and the opportunity it gives people who would not otherwise get a ticket for that game to get one at the expense of people who are ahead of them in the club''s own priority system and more entitled to those tickets.

Is someone who goes to Swansea on a cheap travel deal more entitled to a ticket to Portsmouth than say someone who went to Leicester away?

[/quote]

Jim I believe the Club has worked out the facts like I have that everyone who wants a ticket for Portsmouth will get one, 3000 available with an awlful long way to travel and with the match being on SKY. I''d be very very surprised if our allocation is sold out, even Swansea away which at this stage is more Importnat isn''t a sell out in fact we haven''t even sold 2000 tickets.

[quote user="canarydan23"]We will not take 3,000 fans to Portsmouth on a Monday night when the game is on Sky.

We''ll get close, but anyone who wants a ticket, whether you have 10 away stubs, 100 away stubs, no away stubs, a Swansea away stub or an Ipswich Town season ticket, will get a ticket.

The club are offering cheap travel to Swansea. Good on em.

Stop moaning.[/quote]PRECISELY!!!...Well put canarydan....

As an exile I always feel a bit left out with these coach travel offers, not only that but I''d love to travel by coach. My routine at the mo for home and away games consists of a long drive to and from and no drinks to celebrate ! Lucky for me for the Swansea game I''m getting there by train ! (hope It''s a celebration drink )

[quote user="Planet X"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Planet X"]You lot always find something to moan about.

Think about it.

The maxmium amount of people that can go to Swansea is 2000 now how many of them will travel by Canary coach ?

The Portsmouth game is on Sky and they should allocate us 3000 so who many of the 2000 who went to Swansea who actually went
via Coach who also want to go to Portsmouth ? my guess 1000 the very tops so still 2000 available as worse case scenerio

So what''s the problem ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Jim I believe the Club has worked out the facts like I have that everyone who wants a ticket for Portsmouth will get one, 3000 available with an awlful long way to travel and with the match being on SKY. I''d be very very surprised if our allocation is sold out, even Swansea away which at this stage is more Importnat isn''t a sell out in fact we haven''t even sold 2000 tickets.
[/quote]

Sorry but if we can get promoted at Portsmouth (or indeed if we are still seriously in the hunt for it) we will easily sell out 3000 tickets. Everyone will want to be there sky or no sky.

I think a free away program and a complimentary half-time coffee/tea with biscuits, will attract at least another 1,000 NCFC away fans for the Swans and Pompey games.......

.....or even a free half-time cabbage for the away adult fans and a small complimentary bag of brussel sprouts for the bairns - will attract even more NCFC away support....

......sugar-beet sandwiches in the boardroom with Delia for the away fan of the season.....Vote now!

For the record my daughter Gemma and I are both season ticket holder with ten stubs but I do not agree with the decision made today.

I think there are around 1500 P1 & P2’s at present. We had a number of local away league games last season + three nearish away JPT games so I think the P2 number from the League 1 season has increased quite a bit.

Of the 2000 that go to Swansea, lets say 500 are away season ticket holders and P2’s and some more cannot go to the Portsmouth game, so that leaves maybe 1500 of the 3000 for the priority system. The other 1500 will have already qualified by having a Swansea ticket.

So I would say that all P2’s are all but guaranteed a ticket, so even though Gemma and I cannot go to Swansea, (I am working on 9th April), we should get tickets ok.

But that’s not really the point. The club, after making a mess of the Watford ticket allocation which should have gone to application has made another bad decision in all but shutting out those season ticket holders that might have had a chance in the ballot by ignoring the club charter on away tickets.

I think we’ll sell out the Portsmouth game regardless of Sky. It may well be one of the biggest games in recent years, it’s on a bank holiday, and so taking a day off work which would have been a problem for a normal Monday won’t be a problem in this case.

Just like to point out, the amount of tickets available for Pompey game also depends on what City ask for. If they dont sell them they still have to pay for them, so they could ask for just 2000.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

For the record my daughter Gemma and I are both season ticket holder with ten stubs but I do not agree with the decision made today.

I think there are around 1500 P1 & P2’s at present. We had a number of local away league games last season + three nearish away JPT games so I think the P2 number from the League 1 season has increased quite a bit.

Of the 2000 that go to Swansea, lets say 500 are away season ticket holders and P2’s and some more cannot go to the Portsmouth game, so that leaves maybe 1500 of the 3000 for the priority system. The other 1500 will have already qualified by having a Swansea ticket.

So I would say that all P2’s are all but guaranteed a ticket, so even though Gemma and I cannot go to Swansea, (I am working on 9th April), we should get tickets ok.

But that’s not really the point. The club, after making a mess of the Watford ticket allocation which should have gone to application has made another bad decision in all but shutting out those season ticket holders that might have had a chance in the ballot by ignoring the club charter on away tickets.

I think we’ll sell out the Portsmouth game regardless of Sky. It may well be one of the biggest games in recent years, it’s on a bank holiday, and so taking a day off work which would have been a problem for a normal Monday won’t be a problem in this case.

[/quote]

I totally agree with this [Y] I''m annoyed that the club has done this not just from a personal point of view but for people who have 7,8,9 stubs who can''t attend the Swansea game. This will almost definitely rule them out of getting a ticket for Portsmouth away which is pretty unfair.

[quote user="cityfc"]Just like to point out, the amount of tickets available for Pompey game also depends on what City ask for. If they dont sell them they still have to pay for them, so they could ask for just 2000.[/quote]mcnally says we have 3k

[quote user="totlapr"][quote user="cityfc"]Just like to point out, the amount of tickets available for Pompey game also depends on what City ask for. If they dont sell them they still have to pay for them, so they could ask for just 2000.[/quote]
mcnally says we have 3k
[/quote]

And to be fair to NCFC, they couldn''t have done the Swansea offer without upping the away allocation that they request from Portsmouth. And I also suspect they''ve done some checking on the numbers so they know that the P2 holders will get tickets.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Planet X"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Planet X"]You lot always find something to moan about.Think about it.The maxmium amount of people that can go to Swansea is 2000 now how many of them will travel by Canary coach ? The Portsmouth game is on Sky and they should allocate us 3000 so who many of the 2000 who went to Swansea who actually wentvia Coach who also want to go to Portsmouth ? my guess 1000 the very tops so still 2000 available as worse case scenerioSo what''s the problem ?[/quote]

[/quote]

Jim I believe the Club has worked out the facts like I have that everyone who wants a ticket for Portsmouth will get one, 3000 available with an awlful long way to travel and with the match being on SKY. I''d be very very surprised if our allocation is sold out, even Swansea away which at this stage is more Importnat isn''t a sell out in fact we haven''t even sold 2000 tickets.[/quote]

Sorry but if we can get promoted at Portsmouth (or indeed if we are still seriously in the hunt for it) we will easily sell out 3000 tickets. Everyone will want to be there sky or no sky.

[/quote]

But the decision on whether to buy a Portsmouth ticket will need to be made before we know what rests on the game so the hardened away supporter who really wants to go can get his ticket early without a problem if the game does become a game where the decision on promotion rides on this game well it may them become a sell out but that should only rule of most of the glory hunters so no problem also if it becomes a non event game for Portsmouth they just may issue more tickets for us, I say may.I really don''t see what the problem is.

Nice!  A £30 refund for me it is!  Don''t worry guys, I''m going to Swansea but not Portsmouth so that will be two refusals for you all to fight over [;)]

How can you moan when the club offers a return trip to Swansea for a fiver!!! This is really out of their hands, it''s SKY who moved the fixture to 5.30pm.

Sales have been slow so here is a deal to get some bums on seats and you all start moaning.

I have a ST and 10 away stubs so should be OK for Pompey but for the record won''t be going to Swansea.......

I would consider coming if Delia promised to sit with us and we all wear fancy dress.I just loved that 4-0 cup defeat at Chelsea for ''little old Norwich''.Happy days.

Just bought 4 Swansea match and coach tickets...Dont worry though- people who want to go to Portsmouth the other 3 people I''m going with dont want to go to Fratton Park.I havent decided yet [:P]

Not all Norwich fans live in Norwich though, I am a student in Birmingham, and if i want to go to the Swansea game i have to get the 19.28 train from Swansea which would mean cutting it very fine and leaving the Swansea game probably 10 minutes early which i do not fancy doing when travelling that far.If anyone has any Swansea tickets that i can use to get first refusal on Pompey tickets then i would be very grateful, i have already booked a travelodge in Portsmouth!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I would consider coming if Delia promised to sit with us and we all wear fancy dress.

[/quote]That explains a lot! [:S]

Is that why you give her a hard time? [:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I would consider coming if Delia promised to sit with us and we all wear fancy dress.

[/quote]That explains a lot! [:S]

Is that why you give her a hard time? [:^)]

[/quote]I give her a hard time (as you put it) for turning my club into a national laughing stock and filling the ground with celebrity obsessed  patsies.There''s two of my reasons anyway.

Cluck, although I wait for a ''witty'' remark or just ignoring me. When was the last time you went to see a Norwich game and do you get a buzz when we win?

Me and the junior morty''s have tickets, it better be worth the extortionate fiver for the travel!And, yes, I am buying inflatable sheep.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]

And, yes, I am buying inflatable sheep.

[:)]

[/quote]

I heard that you had bought yourself an inflatable doll when you found out Smudger had a girlfriend[:)][:$]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]How can you moan when the club offers a return trip to Swansea for a fiver!!! This is really out of their hands, it''s SKY who moved the fixture to 5.30pm. Sales have been slow so here is a deal to get some bums on seats and you all start moaning. I have a ST and 10 away stubs so should be OK for Pompey but for the record won''t be going to Swansea.......[/quote]

FFS nobody is moaning about the club doing a travel deal for Swansea. Thats a generous gesture and a good idea. I am sure you won''y find a single fan against it.

The only thing people are uneasy about is the unecessary element tagged on re the Portsmouth tickets. They didn''t need to do that and its goad against the club''s own charter. I''m not going to moan about it anymore because i have said me peice on the subject but I think that this sets a worrying precedent and will result in some fans missing out of Portsmouth who might otherwise have been able to go.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]How can you moan when the club offers a return trip to Swansea for a fiver!!! This is really out of their hands, it''s SKY who moved the fixture to 5.30pm. Sales have been slow so here is a deal to get some bums on seats and you all start moaning. I have a ST and 10 away stubs so should be OK for Pompey but for the record won''t be going to Swansea.......[/quote]

FFS nobody is moaning about the club doing a travel deal for Swansea. Thats a generous gesture and a good idea. I am sure you won''y find a single fan against it.

The only thing people are uneasy about is the unecessary element tagged on re the Portsmouth tickets. They didn''t need to do that and its goad against the club''s own charter. I''m not going to moan about it anymore because i have said me peice on the subject but I think that this sets a worrying precedent and will result in some fans missing out of Portsmouth who might otherwise have been able to go.

[/quote]It''s the thin end of yet another cynical Deliarite wedge.I envisage ''away'' season tickets before very long with a membership fee payable to the club. If you''re not an ''official travelling supporter'' you won''t get in.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]

I envisage ''away'' season tickets before very long with a membership fee payable to the club.
[/quote]

Very difficult to establish whether you are on a windup our feathered Victor Meldrew or in fact that much out of touch.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I envisage ''away'' season tickets before very long with a membership fee payable to the club.[/quote]

Very difficult to establish whether you are on a windup our feathered Victor Meldrew or in fact that much out of touch.

[/quote]Either way he''s an annoying tit sometimes. [;)]

How will the swansea/pompey priority work? would we just need a ticket stub from Swansea??