Sign in to follow this  
When Saturday Comes

Swansea travel announcement from club

The best thing they could do is charter a train so people can get back (via London) after the game. Don''t know how possible that is these days! More likely to be subsidised coach travel I would think!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]£3.50? Just don''t buy a programme/over-priced burger and job''s a good''un surely!?![/quote]

I''ve just seen the coach prices for Swansea ...

yeah maybe 20% would be better ;)

100% would be nice! Although I fully concur, hopefully the club will realise this is a huge match for us, and adjust prices to some extent so we can get as many people there as possible!

£5 travel and first refusal on a Portsmouth ticket.

Nice gesture with the £5 travel but I don''t agree with offering people a Portsmouth ticket if they go - what about the away priority system? I''m a season ticket holder and Portsmouth will be my 11th away game of the season so I don''t like the idea that someone will be ahead of me in the queue just because I can''t go to Swansea and they''ve jumped on a £5 travel bandwagon...

I suppose the club think it won''t be popular enough to use the ''ballot'' system so have offered this as an alternative and to boost ticket sales.

McNally said this morning it would be done by ballot with forms out on April 2nd so unless they''ve changed their minds I don''t see how this is going to work...

I''ll give you that it sounds strange but surely there will be consideration''s for people like yourself who have attended a lot of away fixtures and therefore deserve a ticket for this match?

You''d hope so anyway

What about if we sell 3k for Swansea, majority of them will want to go to Pompey so would that mean basically no tickets available to sale?? crazy

What''s the allocation for Portsmouth?

I suppose the thinking behind it is not everyone will be able to take them up on the offer, but the offer is there nevertheless!

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]What''s the allocation for Portsmouth? I suppose the thinking behind it is not everyone will be able to take them up on the offer, but the offer is there nevertheless![/quote]

think the allocation is around 3000

Both games on TV

Both around 200 miles travel

Pompey match on the evening of a bank holiday

yep, sounds like we will get 3000 out to both of them

Queried it with @NorwichCityFC on Twitter and they say Swansea is a 2,000 allocation so there''ll be an absolute minimum of 1,000 Portsmouth tickets for STH with 10 away stubs and below. In real terms there will be far more than this as not all Swansea attendees will go to Portsmouth. So I should be OK as I''m a STH with 10, but I feel for STH who can''t go to Swansea and may now miss out.

£5 travel offer is a great gesture but they''re essentially bribing fans who are desperate for a Portsmouth ticket. It contravenes the club''s Customer Charter as well...

I take some comfort from the post above but I will not be happy about this if there is any suggestion that i might miss out on a Pompey ticket. I don''t live in Norwich so can''t go on their coaches and I can''t do Swansea but have had an away season ticket for years and (although have not been able to do as many this year) have still been to a lot of away games. To miss out on a Pompey ticket to someone who has attended the Swansea game as their only away game of the season would simply not be fair.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Queried it with @NorwichCityFC on Twitter and they say Swansea is a 2,000 allocation so there''ll be an absolute minimum of 1,000 Portsmouth tickets for STH with 10 away stubs and below. In real terms there will be far more than this as not all Swansea attendees will go to Portsmouth. So I should be OK as I''m a STH with 10, but I feel for STH who can''t go to Swansea and may now miss out. £5 travel offer is a great gesture but they''re essentially bribing fans who are desperate for a Portsmouth ticket. It contravenes the club''s Customer Charter as well...[/quote]

Yeah i''m a season ticket holder with 10 away match stubs yet can''t attend the Swansea game. If I miss out on Portsmouth tickets I will not be very happy!

[quote user="Ben "]

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Queried it with @NorwichCityFC on Twitter and they say Swansea is a 2,000 allocation so there''ll be an absolute minimum of 1,000 Portsmouth tickets for STH with 10 away stubs and below. In real terms there will be far more than this as not all Swansea attendees will go to Portsmouth. So I should be OK as I''m a STH with 10, but I feel for STH who can''t go to Swansea and may now miss out. £5 travel offer is a great gesture but they''re essentially bribing fans who are desperate for a Portsmouth ticket. It contravenes the club''s Customer Charter as well...[/quote]

Yeah i''m a season ticket holder with 10 away match stubs yet can''t attend the Swansea game. If I miss out on Portsmouth tickets I will not be very happy!

[/quote]Well done NCFC Great news for every supporter and gets as many as possible to Swansea, don''t worry re Portsmouth tickets there will be plenty to go around.

[quote user="Planet X"][quote user="Ben "]

[/quote]Well done NCFC Great news for every supporter and gets as many as possible to Swansea, don''t worry re Portsmouth tickets there will be plenty to go around.[/quote]

You think? I am not so sure! Stupid idea. Surely those who travel all season should get first dibs as per the clubs on charter!

NCFC treading on thin ice with this one me thinks. Could p*** off quite a lot of regulars, should they miss out!

[quote user="Planet X"][quote user="Ben "]

[/quote]

Well done NCFC Great news for every supporter and gets as many as possible to Swansea, don''t worry re Portsmouth tickets there will be plenty to go around.
[/quote]

Hopefully! I don''t understand why NCFC have to offer first priority for the Portsmouth game to attract more fans when they''re offering £5 coach travel! Surely that will attract the 2,000 fans or so. Also it''s not very fair on season ticket holders who are paying £400+ for their ticket and could potentially miss out to someone who is a non season ticket holder who just went to the Swansea game.

As a ''stubbed up'' ST-holder based in London this does concern me a bit, but hopefully there isn''t a situation whereby all of the allocation at Portsmouth gets swallowed up by those taking advantage of what is a fantastic gesture in reduced travel to Swansea.

If it does though, the club are going against their own charter...

Link: http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/CustomerCharter/0,,10355,00.html

do you really think they would make a situation where there were not enough tickets left for group 2.if youre that worried get your arse down to swansea and support the lads. too many people "cant be arsed"!! rather go watford - thats easy!

They''re going against the Charter anyway, regardless of how many tickets are left over. What''s the point of supporter consultation if they then make their own rules?

A good point is made above that as the allocation is a relatively small 2,000 we''re almost certain to sell it out now just with the offer of £5 travel alone. I really don''t see the need to bribe fans with a Pompey ticket just to fill Swansea''s stands (and their transfer budget).

[quote user="totlapr"]do you really think they would make a situation where there were not enough tickets left for group 2.

if youre that worried get your arse down to swansea and support the lads. too many people "cant be arsed"!! rather go watford - thats easy!
[/quote]

I would go to Swansea but i''m in Singapore at the time.

totlapr - I would love to go to Swansea but I don''t live in Norwich so the coach offer is no use, I don''t drive and thanks to Sky I can''t get home that night as the 5.20 kick-off means I would miss the last train out of Swansea. Having spent huge amounts of time and money travelling around the country watching Norwich home and away this season forgive me if I give myself a one-match suspension for the run-in. See you at Watford, Ipswich and Portsmouth.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]totlapr - I would love to go to Swansea but I don''t live in Norwich so the coach offer is no use, I don''t drive and thanks to Sky I can''t get home that night as the 5.20 kick-off means I would miss the last train out of Swansea. Having spent huge amounts of time and money travelling around the country watching Norwich home and away this season forgive me if I give myself a one-match suspension for the run-in. See you at Watford, Ipswich and Portsmouth.[/quote]

This^

Fact is its completely unfair. The club has a system for away tickets and yet we could have a situation where, for potentially our biggest away game of the season, someone is guaranteed a ticket because they have been to one game away at Swansea on Club Cabbage whereas others who have been to lots of away games miss out. There are lots of people who don''t want to go on Club Canary. There are also many other exiles like me for whom travelling on the coach is simply not an option. It also means our away support at Pompey will be full of the happy clappy, wig wearing club cabbage brigade!

You lot always find something to moan about.Think about it.The maxmium amount of people that can go to Swansea is 2000 now how many of them will travel by Canary coach ? The Portsmouth game is on Sky and they should allocate us 3000 so who many of the 2000 who went to Swansea who actually wentvia Coach who also want to go to Portsmouth ? my guess 1000 the very tops so still 2000 available as worse case scenerioSo what''s the problem ?

And all those inflatables Jim.. let''s all have a disco... [:@]

Do you still confiscate the kids balls if they come over the fence?

Victor Meldrew, played by

[;)]

also according to this away fans only get 2000 tickets

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/portsmouth/Am pretty disappointed with this to be honest. Why couldnt the club just settle for the £5 coach ticket, a very generous gesture in its own right? Im an exile and I have 10 stubs but i think its fairly unlikely I''ll get a ticket now..