Sign in to follow this  
chiropracticcanary

Spillane

Brentford supporting mate finds him so-so. Can stand out or be anonymous-but never has a bad game. As with us though, he''s played all over the place-right back, centre half, midfield, including alongside OTJ.

That is never going to help Spillane settle and establish himself as a footballer-the dreaded "utility" tag is OK if you''re a Phil Neville, but, if you play in the lower leagues, not so handy.

I think he''s always had the makings of a good centre half and if he got a run of 20-25 games in that position, he''d start to stand out.

I always liked Spillane when he played for us, plus when he settled for us at right back for a few games, including scoring a cracker of a goal, I really thought he''d earned himself a contract here. Sadly, he got injured and that was the end of that.

I think if he didn''t get injured last season we would have never brought Martin in and he would have stayed on as are number one right back. Before that Injury he never put a foot wrong.

Never rated him when he was here. No pace and very average with the ball.

I could never see him being a regular first team player for Norwich and I doubt he''ll ever do better than Brentford.

Good luck to him though if he does continue to make a living playing in the lower leagues.

[quote user="L4cole"]I think if he didn''t get injured last season we would have never brought Martin in and he would have stayed on as are number one right back. Before that Injury he never put a foot wrong.
[/quote]

Good job he got injured then.