Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Nottingham Forest match - and other whinges about Sky moving football games

Absolutely gutted Sky have moved this to Friday night. As my partner pointed out to me yesterday, we''re on holiday for the game. It''ll be only the second I''ve missed for 12 years.Bloody Sky.

It''s part of the game now unfortunately, happens to every club. I do agree it is a pain, especially if you have to change your work arrangements (like me)

Wait until Sky get together with Delia.It''ll be NCFC season tickets linked to Sky Sports subscription... and if you aren''t registered you won''t be allowed in. If a game makes more money by being moved we''ll ultimately see our football linked to US and far eastern time zones.The tip of yet another cynical iceberg.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Wait until Sky get together with Delia.

It''ll be NCFC season tickets linked to Sky Sports subscription... and if you aren''t registered you won''t be allowed in. If a game makes more money by being moved we''ll ultimately see our football linked to US and far eastern time zones.

The tip of yet another cynical iceberg.
[/quote]

Says the man who generates it in Titanic like proportions.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

It''ll be NCFC season tickets linked to Sky Sports subscription... and if you aren''t registered you won''t be allowed in. If a game makes more money by being moved we''ll ultimately see our football linked to US and far eastern time zones.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But don''t forget, he''s always right!

i didnt impy they were showing it just thought they could get it switched to a sat to show it live instead of a thursday night if they had so much power

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Wait until Sky get together with Delia.It''ll be NCFC season tickets linked to Sky Sports subscription... and if you aren''t registered you won''t be allowed in. If a game makes more money by being moved we''ll ultimately see our football linked to US and far eastern time zones.The tip of yet another cynical iceberg.[/quote]

[/quote]

But don''t forget, he''s always right!

[/quote]You''re learning Webbo.Reality isn''t half as painful when you take the time to look at it logically.

[/quote]

One word!

I think the point is (taking the thread away from a Cluck-bashing thread back on topic), why do Sky feel the need to move games like this? They have 5 sky sports channels; if they want to put the game on TV, fine, do it. Why they think they need to move it to random times of the week? And why at such short notice? Why not choose the first half of the season right near the start and the remaining ones during January?

I am a bit miffed too. Travelling home from hols early hours of Saturday and was looking forward to a few hours kip and the match.

Off to Scotland on the Saturday so was excited that they moved it to the friday !!

When my Mrs reminded me we were leaving Friday night anyway I was pretty bleeding gutted ! Ah well :(

[quote user="TheGoogler"]I think the point is (taking the thread away from a Cluck-bashing thread back on topic), why do Sky feel the need to move games like this? They have 5 sky sports channels; if they want to put the game on TV, fine, do it. Why they think they need to move it to random times of the week? And why at such short notice? Why not choose the first half of the season right near the start and the remaining ones during January? [/quote]Because they can...SKY is football in 2011... and it will only get worse until they''ve milked the very last drop from the cash cow that football has been allowed to become.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

Off to Scotland on the Saturday so was excited that they moved it to the friday !!

When my Mrs reminded me we were leaving Friday night anyway I was pretty bleeding gutted ! Ah well :(

[/quote]

Say hello to the home country for me !

[quote user="TheGoogler"]I think the point is (taking the thread away from a Cluck-bashing thread back on topic), why do Sky feel the need to move games like this? They have 5 sky sports channels; if they want to put the game on TV, fine, do it. Why they think they need to move it to random times of the week? And why at such short notice? Why not choose the first half of the season right near the start and the remaining ones during January? [/quote]Because they''re not legally allowed to show Saturday 3:00pm games.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

[/quote]You mean your mum don''t you?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

[/quote]You mean your mum don''t you?[/quote]Just because you married your Mum it doesn''t mean everyone has.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

[/quote]

You mean your mum don''t you?
[/quote]

Just because you married your Mum it doesn''t mean everyone has.
[/quote]

You have more faith in him than I do Harry. One gets married by saying, "I do", not "I don''t." [:D]