Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Goood news re Ipswich ticket ballot

I have received my tickets for the home section of Poorman Road. I must have been successful in the Binner ballot.

I am not so far away from you guys in the visitors stand so try not to call me rude names.

If the Binners score I will be the one sitting down and when we score I will be the one sitting down :-(

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]How is this good news?[/quote]

It''s good news because I get to watch us thrash the Binners misery guts

..that''s good news for you, but i wouldn''t be able to contain my excitement..

Wey hey.

Are you planning on a Harry met Sally moment then?

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]i have heard about harry and sally but never know what it means[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nNhOH4Y0bI

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]I have received my tickets for the home section of Poorman Road. I must have been successful in the Binner ballot.

I am not so far away from you guys in the visitors stand so try not to call me rude names.

If the Binners score I will be the one sitting down and when we score I will be the one sitting down :-([/quote]Which priority group were you in? Group 2 I guess??

[quote user="barclaystand"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]I have received my tickets for the home section of Poorman Road. I must have been successful in the Binner ballot.

If the Binners score I will be the one sitting down and when we score I will be the one sitting down :-([/quote]Which priority group were you in? Group 2 I guess??[/quote]

Yep. All of the binners are no. 2''s

By the sound of the things, judging from on here and from what I''ve heard by my binner mates, there''ll be around 5,000 Norwich fans in portman road. Could get very interesting...

Got my tickets in the Ippo home end, not the first time I have had to purchase tickets in the home stand during an away match but the first against scum. Wont be easy containing my joy or hiding my misery depending on how the game goes, but I''m more than happy to take the risk.

Out of interest, which stands are people sitting in? I was in the south stand upper 2 years ago (my god what a depressing day, I hated every second of it) and spotted lots of canaries up there.. Any news on whether there will be a beam back? If and when I dont get a ticket in the ballot, I''ll be torn between beam back and sitting with the scummers. Said I''d never do it again but with so much at stake I might just have to - would be great revenge for last time to win there and see us all but promoted..

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]I have received my tickets for the home section of Poorman Road. I must have been successful in the Binner ballot.

If the Binners score I will be the one sitting down and when we score I will be the one sitting down :-([/quote]

But, there wasn''t a ballot for the Ipswich/Norwich  game for Ipswich fans, you can purchase them on-line and can still do so, plenty of tickets available.Your not telling porkies are you ?

[quote user="Planet X"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]I have received my tickets for the home section of Poorman Road. I must have been successful in the Binner ballot.

If the Binners score I will be the one sitting down and when we score I will be the one sitting down :-([/quote]

But, there wasn''t a ballot for the Ipswich/Norwich  game for Ipswich fans, you can purchase them on-line and can still do so, plenty of tickets available.Your not telling porkies are you ?[/quote]

I was attempting to be funny!

Obviously fell at the first hurdle although your picture tells a story :-)

Yep, it''s been pretty much a free for all. The paupers have finally dragged themselves into the 21st century and introduced and online ticket system.

All City fans have been doing is registering with a none NR postcode and buying tickets, rather than being one of the numpties wetting their knickers to see if their name comes out of a hat.

I expect there will be so many City fans in the ground that there won''t be the need to sit quiet. I''m somewhere in the Britannia stand with three others. Any City fan who has not already got a ticket is a fool. To make it even easier the paupers are selling tickets at poorman road this friday onwards.

So no excuse, lets cover poorman road in green and yellow

They can''t even get their online ticking right, looks like it''s all back to front when you select a seat. They''re even had to add a "pitch this way" text so you know where you''re sitting!

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]They can''t even get their online ticking right, looks like it''s all back to front when you select a seat. They''re even had to add a "pitch this way" text so you know where you''re sitting![/quote]

You misunderstand that option. Most games the binners don''t want to see what''s going on on the pitch. That way they can choose a seat at the back with a restricted view. ( of which there are many I note) so they dont have to watch the dross

[quote user="City1st"]Yep, it''s been pretty much a free for all. The paupers have finally dragged themselves into the 21st century and introduced and online ticket system.

All City fans have been doing is registering with a none NR postcode and buying tickets, rather than being one of the numpties wetting their knickers to see if their name comes out of a hat.

I expect there will be so many City fans in the ground that there won''t be the need to sit quiet. I''m somewhere in the Britannia stand with three others. Any City fan who has not already got a ticket is a fool. To make it even easier the paupers are selling tickets at poorman road this friday onwards.

So no excuse, lets cover poorman road in green and yellow[/quote]

I must be a fool then as I haven''t bought a ticket in the home end yet.. Why would I shell out another £35 for a seat I don''t really want to sit in when there''s probably a 50/50 chance that I''m successful in the ballot.. And do you honestly believe that you wont get chucked out for openly supporting Norwich in the home ends? Good luck with that - If we score and you celebrate, you''ll get a whack round the head for your troubles, thrown out of the ground and have to listen to the rest of the game from the car park

If you don''t want to sit amongst a bunch of docile rustics then that''s your choice. Quite a few thousand other City fans will..

As to getting chucked out I doubt the paupers will have the resuorces to chuck out thousands. They did not against Arsenal and they will not against us.

So please tell us all where you will be watching the game if you don''t get a ticket - the car park ?

ps "you''ll get a whack round the head for your troubles" I very, very much doubt it. I might send you a pic - you''ll see why.

I wouldn''t give out too much info about where you''re sitting if I were you. It will only make it easier for Binner Ticket staff to trace you and cancel your ticket.

Remember ColU last year? As soon as they realised that hundreds of tickets had been bought online by City fans they started reviewing the purchase patterns in conjunction with trawling the Norwich forums.

[quote user="City1st"]

ps "you''ll get a whack round the head for your troubles" I very, very much doubt it. I might send you a pic - you''ll see why.[/quote]

City 1st?

[;)]

[quote user="rondy"][quote user="City1st"]Yep, it''s been pretty much a free for all. The paupers have finally dragged themselves into the 21st century and introduced and online ticket system.

So no excuse, lets cover poorman road in green and yellow[/quote]

I must be a fool then as I haven''t bought a ticket in the home end yet.. Why would I shell out another £35 for a seat I don''t really want to sit in when there''s probably a 50/50 chance that I''m successful in the ballot.. And do you honestly believe that you wont get chucked out for openly supporting Norwich in the home ends? Good luck with that - If we score and you celebrate, you''ll get a whack round the head for your troubles, thrown out of the ground and have to listen to the rest of the game from the car park[/quote]Why on earth would I choose to sit in the binner end when I might have a ticket in with our lot? IF i dont get a ticket in the ballot then I''ll buy one in the south stand, or get my binner mate to do it for me.. they''ll still plenty left..

you can buy tickets for cobold upper block e on ipswichs site. thought we had that block?

Were there any City fans in the home stands at Colchester ?

Didf they all get thrown out ?

Police do not want loads of fans wandering about the locale having been thrown out and carring a bit of a greivance. If any individuals get thrown out it will be because they are being an ''a**e'' rather than simply being an away fan.

I have watched a fair few City away games in the home ends at various grounds, more so in the last couple of seasons. Often because the view on offer for away fans was sh!te. If you behave like an a**e you will be treated like one.

Apart from the terminally dim most fans are raesonable folk. The game at poorman road will see thousands of City fans all over the ground, a fitting goodbye to our umpoverished neighbours.

As to weeding out City fans I very nuch doubt that. They need the money. One of the reasons so many of us have been able to buy tickets is that sales to the binners have been very sluggish. They have slumped to around 14,000 season tickets with gates around at 17,000.

And that is why there have been no dire warnings emanating from poorman road about City fans being in home sections.

ps not me mr nutty but very amusing, two of our four are ''bouncer'' sized folk so we tend to get left alone

"Why on earth would I choose to sit in the binner end when I might have a ticket in with our lot? IF i dont get a ticket in the ballot then I''ll buy one in the south stand, or get my binner mate to do it for me.. they''ll still plenty left.. "

eh

You are now contradicting yourself and agreeing with me. What a confused chap you appear to be.

I sat in the upper churchmans end in 2004 (top of the league at portman road) and celebrated both of mckenzie''s goal''s. Got a few funny looks, but no physical attacks. A few on here do like to scaremonger.