Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca

Any news / rumours on the unveiling of a new kit?

I think it must have been this time last year when rumours where rife that we''d signed a kit deal with adidas etc.

I remember hearing that our current XARA home kit would be their last for us.

Anyone have any news or scurrilous rumours regarding our next kit?

I am right in thinking the current home shirt is due to be replaced this spring aren''t I? Apparently it was only a 1 year deal?

i think i heard some rumours that the shirt makers are going to erria or something like that it was ages ago so can''t remember now ahh think think :(

McNally''s said there will be an announcement next month (i.e. April). They usually wear it for one of the last home games, don''t they?

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]If I recall on the club website there was a request for fans to join a forum to help with input on styles etc, not seen anything else since.[/quote]Yes there was, I was in the meeting, and we are all sworn to secrecy about what was discussed.I don''t know exactly when the new kit will be launched, athough I have a half-decent idea.But I''m not saying, and nor will anyone else who was there.I''m glad that nothing has leaked from the meeting by those who attended because otherwise these kind of meetings with fans might well never happen again.

That being the case I''m glad that nothing''s been leaked on here yet. All that idol gossip about the possibility of another unkown, sub-standard maker was concerning me. And with this forum created, and knowing a few of the people on here who were on it, I''m sure the first thing commented was that a top sportsware provider should be chosen.... so here''s hoping for one of the ''big five'' (Adidas, Nike, Puma, Umbro, Reebok).

I was also a member of the Order of the Secret Kit meeting, and echo the sentiments in barclaystand''s post.I''d recommend anyone to try and take part in any such meeting in the future. It gives you an interesting look into the inner workings of the club, plus, you get to come on here and let people know that you can''t tell them anything [:)]Looking forward to the eventual unveiling, got a real buzz about it this year.

I''m glad I asked now!

''The Secret Meeting'' does at least provide hope that the kit will be an improvement on recent efforts!

I''m looking forward to a new manufacturer being used more than anything else I think!

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]i love your designs for the norwich shirt ![/quote]I agree, very impressive!

I''m sure someone posted that the canary store staff had said that the the new shirt would be on sale before the Derby match.

Mason, i''m glad to hear you were on the panel, you put some fantastic designs on here when it was talked about before.

I must admit i did email the contact at the club who was organising the panel with a link for one of your threads.

Can''t wait to see what they will be like

[quote user="Nolly"]Mason, i''m glad to hear you were on the panel, you put some fantastic designs on here when it was talked about before.

I must admit i did email the contact at the club who was organising the panel with a link for one of your threads.

Can''t wait to see what they will be like[/quote]As it happened, I didn''t actually apply to go- my little brother and an un-named Pinkun poster nominated me and they tracked me down. A few people had also brought printouts of some of my designs along which was another lovely ego-boosting gesture [:P]. Everyone at the meeting was quite complimentary about what I''d done, so all in all I have to say thanks for seeing to it that I went to the meeting!Thanks to everyone for the kind words, feel free to comment on any of them at the photobucket link in my sig.

Hope the club take on your designs fella! Personally I would go for number 7 as the home or 21 and for the away number 3 or 19! maybe you could claim a free season ticket as a charge for designing them lol!

[quote user="Largey"]What happens to you if you reveal the secrets of the new kit?[/quote]The moment you''re alone, the lights will flicker thrice, you''ll hear the distant cry of a lone crow, and the last thing you see before the lights go out is McNally''s face. So I''ve heard, anyway...

I also loved your kit designs mate, really really impressive and I would buy most of them. I loved the adidas design with the thin vertical pinstripes, looks classic and simple. I also like the black and racing green away shirts!

Hope you have had some influence over the club''s decision!