Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

YELLOW ARMY SNAP UP SWANSEA OFFER

i think it will be a sell out !

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2324225,00.html

how come they brought it down to £5 anyway i think it was a guilty thing on there part as people had already booked hotels and stuff for portsmouth game

More like they did the sums and worked out that they could afford to subsidise the buses to get fans down there once it had been announced that the game was on the telly.

Gaurantee them a ticket for Pompey and you should ensure that there is good support at each game.

I can''t think it costs that much to run a coach to Swansea and back

There''s hardly going to be any ''club guilt'' about Sky moving the Pompey game. Running cheap buses is just good PR - Anglian Home Improvements are footing the bill anyway. Sounds like there''s still a lot of tickets left if they''re pushing it with news stories like this though.

They''d have to be paying me to spend twelve hours or whatever on Club Cabbage

The £5 each may just cover the fuel, but there would still be the driver and hire of the coach for the day. I''m sure I read some local firm is subsidizing it any way. Surely it''s a decision of whether you want to go or not, whether you can afford it and the rest is politics.

according to ticket office yesterday pm 1200 have been sold...

I personally havent been on canary coaches in years but at the end of day if u like the coaches or not if it gets more fans there the better. We are used to playing away with a big crowd and this game prob needs the crowd the most...

OTBC

[quote user="curly_whirly_tipz"]according to ticket office yesterday pm 1200 have been sold... I personally havent been on canary coaches in years but at the end of day if u like the coaches or not if it gets more fans there the better. We are used to playing away with a big crowd and this game prob needs the crowd the most... OTBC[/quote]

Of that 1200 a good number will be in Groups 1 and 2 with regard to away ticket balloting so as we have just over 3,000 tickets for Pompey there should be no worries that anyone in those groups who want Pompey tickets will miss out who decide or cannot make the Swansea trip.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="curly_whirly_tipz"]according to ticket office yesterday pm 1200 have been sold... I personally havent been on canary coaches in years but at the end of day if u like the coaches or not if it gets more fans there the better. We are used to playing away with a big crowd and this game prob needs the crowd the most... OTBC[/quote]

Of that 1200 a good number will be in Groups 1 and 2 with regard to away ticket balloting so as we have just over 3,000 tickets for Pompey there should be no worries that anyone in those groups who want Pompey tickets will miss out who decide or cannot make the Swansea trip.

[/quote]

Agreed although they are still lining themselevs up for problems with this phrase "anyone who travels to Swansea" is entitled to first refusal on a Pompey ticket. The ticket office told me that means you both need match and coach ticket but the advert is vague. I still think its a bit of a disgrace anyway plus it means the away end at pompey will probably be full of teenage girls and wig wearing cabbage travellers!

They said in ticket office that all supporters will be given a token on turnstiles at swansea. This needs to be handed in in order to get a portsmouth ticket so not sure if it is just coach travellers?

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/portsmouth/This states that away fans only get 2000 tickets, so not sure where this 3000 has come from. Ive been to watch Pompey a fair few times as my mate is a big fan and apart from cup games the Milton end is shared with home fans.. Man U, Spurs etc all only got 2/3rds of that stands which is about 2000.. I''d be very surprised if they give us the whole end especially if they''re still in with a shout of reaching the play offs, hope I''m wrong though..

This better not apply to away season ticket holders! Im not going to drive from sheffield to norwich to sit on a coach to go to swansea! I think ill drive direct! Will be very miffed if my Pompey ticket doesnt turn up!!

[quote user="s10_yellow"]rondy - McNally and the ticket office have said we''ve got 3,000 tickets for Portsmouth.[/quote]thanks - didnt read/hear that, so my bad.. great news!

Correct about getting a voucher once you''re at the Liberty. You don''t need to travel by coach.

[quote user="mj"]This better not apply to away season ticket holders! Im not going to drive from sheffield to norwich to sit on a coach to go to swansea! I think ill drive direct! Will be very miffed if my Pompey ticket doesnt turn up!![/quote]Away season ticket holders will get their tickets as normal.